“Much like Mary Poppins...practically perfect in every way!”
Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Much like Mary Poppins...practically perfect in every way!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is both a place and a property that we will continue to return to. From the moment we checked in until we checked out our stay here was just super. First of all it is Sedona. If you have been there I need not go any further. If not you don’t know what you are missing. The staff at this location is just superb from front desk to housekeeping everyone is friendly and professional. Our room was on the second level and we had a great view facing east. There is nothing like sitting out on the balcony having a cup of coffee and watching the sun rise over the rocks. Our bed was quite comfortable and the only complaint I have with our room was that the light switch on the bed sconce on one side was missing. The location is just about perfect. With a view of the surrounding rocks and a very short walk to the shops I am not sure you could ask for more. Maybe it is my love of Sedona that clouds my judgment but this just seems like one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. And I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful the entire staff is in every way.

Room Tip: I think most of the second floor rooms provide the nicest views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were assigned room 531B (a one bedroom) upon check-in. It turned out to be an ADA room, so the bathroom is nothing like what was described on the website (no spa tub, no walk-in shower, and the existing showerhead was handheld and about chest high...and I'm 5'4"). When I asked for a room with the promised bathroom, I was shown a room on the opposite side of the property with a terrible view. I didn't expect to have to choose between a great view and a great bathroom. The rest of the experience was OK, but definitely not the spa retreat sort of getaway that we were hoping for. We won't return.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room for the view, and make sure it has a good view and is not ADA compliant b...
1 Thank Katie F
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent a few days here with my Mom (vacation club owner) and my 2 daughters. It was in a fabulous location! Views were magnificent, the pool was gorgeous!!We enjoyed being close to everything downtown. The two bedroom unit was well appointed and comfy. Be prepared for stairs!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Hyatt is a great hotel with well appointed rooms with everything that you would want in a beautiful setting.

We stayed as a family of five recently here for a week and loved every minute. We fell in love with Sedona and the surrounding area and the quality of the Hyatt added to our enjoyment.

We had a two bedroom apartment which gave us plenty of space with a separate living room which also had a pull out sofa bed. Beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms spacious.

We didn't use the facilities much as we were out most days, but when I did use the swimming pool I couldn't help but totally relax and enjoy the stunning views. I enjoyed this particularly at the end of the day when I would sit in one of the two hot tubs and watch the sun setting, bliss!

The leisure centre has a pool table which we did use and we came across a couple of cupboards packed with board games and jigsaws which we could borrow and take to our room.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

It is a timeshare, and there was no restaurant on site, but this did not matter in the slightest as there were many good restaurants within an easy walk.

We loved the climb up Cathedral Rock nearby which was tricky but very rewarding and we especially liked spending a couple of hours on a few days going to Slide Rock to indulge in Nature's own water park. There are some high rocks to the right of the entrance down to the swimming area where you can go tombstoning if you like that sort of thing! Sedona is just brilliant though and we shall come back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level for a view without a doubt!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hyatt pinon point for 5 nights. I have never stayed in more beautiful place. The room was very clean and had a great balcony view. The pool was even better. Though it was not huge, the red rock view from it was breathtaking. There was also a ping pong table It was very fun swimming in it, especially at night. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was also good. The activity center had a pool table and a jigsaw puzzle. I could go on and on. If you are looking for a nice place to stay in sedona that is not run of the mill, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you want a million dollar view of Sedona, this is the place! With wonderful Hyatt service, gorgeous views and amenities, a great location, and upgraded rooms, you won't go wrong here.

The location is central and within comfortable walking distance to most shops and restaurants.

Note if older: there are a few stairs and hills to climb on some parts of the property, but well worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room where the views are gorgeous.
1 Thank juneanno
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable with excellent views from our upper levels rooms. The weather was very comfortable for this time of year. High 80 during the day and in the 70's at night which made it a great week.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views and less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends