“Grand Canyon Trip”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
“Grand Canyon Trip”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The staff was very helpful and the living arrangment was so different then staying in a hotel/ condo. They have separte (houses) for each guest with living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom with a deck and barbeque grill. Out the back they have a man made brook or creek very soothing. Heated pool and hot tub and on site laudry rooms with a lot of machines. They all so had plots for RV travelers. Not far from hiking trails for the nation redrock park. Landscape very pretty. Not a far drive the the Grand Canyon.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Arizona
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was excited to stay here on valentines weekend with my girlfriend, but things went wrong from the start. We booked a one night stay with a $50 dinner voucher over the phone. I assumed I might have to do tour but nothing was explained.

Immediately the service was abrupt and extremely unwelcoming. We were not given the promised $50 dinner voucher, and after inquiring we were questioned with underlying accusation for10-15 minutes before being informed we would NOT receive the voucher. After being asked who we talked too and that none of those people worked there, they decided it was probably a 3rd party or different office and refused to give us the voucher. Due to the embarrassing inconvenience we were forced eventually to buy something at a grocery store in town and bring it back to the room, for our "nice" valentines dinner.

The next morning I was told I should have received the credit but still could if we sat through a presentation. However, after discussing the option with my already disappointed partner, we decided we would forgo the $50 and try to enjoy the remainder of our time in Sedona... At no point were we informed or under the impression that the price of our room, which we were guaranteed at check in, was connected to the presentation, rather that we would simply be sacrificing the $50 voucher (then cash) by not attending the presentation. However, based on the quality of service we had received, we decided our time was more valuable than the $50.

Days later, I found that my credit card had been charged unknowingly by Sedona Pines Resort over FIVE times the amount we agreed to pay at the time of booking! I have since called and been pushed through to many different people. I was accused of being wrong “without needing an explanation”, then told I was entitled to a refund but ONLY if I drove back to the property in person! Now they are going to retrieve the tape recordings of our previous conversations to decide if I am entitled to ANY kind of a refund. Phone calls are not returned as promised and management is rarely available. After days and days of deception and discrediting accusations I still have no resolve.

I have traveled all over this country and the world for business and pleasure. Rarely, if ever, have I been so disrespected, discredited and inconvenienced to this level.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank biznestravler
arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I went there on a local promotion in December. The salesman was rude and obnoxious, unfortunately we do not remember his name. First he would not believe that we were married, going on 20 years now, and than when he found out that we were local on their special promotion he refused to show us the property, claiming that we were wasting his time. That we could not possible meet the min. annual income requirement. We made an official complaint to the GM, Greg, his only comment was that he knows his salesman and that he would not treat anyone that way.
We went on their local special to see their property and to write review on their company for our business, I would say not to go to this property, If you have any problems they will not try to make corrections to fix them,since you are obviously wrong about it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank arizonatraveler222
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2010

We were impressed with the accommodations, even though the unit was small but it worked well for the 2 of us. Beds were extremely comfortable, everything was well equipped, clean unit, and beautiful pond in the front of the unit. It was an A Plus UNTIL......we had our sales presentation with Julie. The $300.00 toward our maintenance fee tempted us to spend the effort even though we made it clear we were not interested, since we already have 3 timeshares. Julie's arrrogant comments and testy attitude, after realizing we were not going to buy, began a downhill spiral until we left the table after about 30 minutes. I spoke with the GM Greg who apologized but we left very frustrated, vowing NEVER AGAIN...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weld757
Phx
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I visited Sedona Pines a couple of weeks ago as we were solicited to view a time share. The property had nice amenities, but the actual units itself were very small. We are a family of 6 so didn't quite work for us. We were then solicited on another property of theirs a 5 minute drive away in Coinville. It was very nice. Brand new property! Everything was top of the line! Full kitchens with granite countertops new appliances, nice updated furniture (not something from the 70's!), Flat screen T.V.'s in living room and bed rooms. The amenities were great. Very, very nice pool and spa ( also a private adult spa!), very nice fitness facility, game room with a large screen tv and lounge area. Not to mention new large barbeque grills and a kids playground. Also the Sedona Pines property (sister property down the street) has put-put. You could drive down there and play put put if you want to. WE bought a time share at Highland @ Verde Ridge and look forward to staying there soon. Oh and the beds were very, very nice. Good mattresses. Again everything was brand new. They are still building the resort. That's how new it is.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lysaleg
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We spend one week in this hotel, rci booked for us and also i was worried about staying in this hotel because i read that it was a trailer park rooms and very very small.
First of all we lost in our way to the hotel because the gps sometimes and i heard also from other guest point the hotel in the north and is in the south!!!!
When we arrive we have a quickly check in the recepcionist was excellent tell us all the information about the villages and location, and all time of the services, pool, jacuzzis, restaurant and gym.
i was travelling with my mother and my aunt familly (people), so we book two villages, and they very clean, very warm but i saw a big problem only one king bed and one sofa bed. ok they are lovely but for a family of four i think in really small and yes my aunt saids they were lovely but small for them.
For 2 people i think is great, but also sometimes two people in the kitchen you would look that is better only one people cooking.
the room has two tv´s, dvd and radio with cd, the w-fi is horrible so is better to use the computer in the reception and they have free coffee, for me was a bonus!!!!!
We never eat in the bistro, we eat in different restaurants in sedona.
the jacuzzis are very clean and with a great temperature you would love it, the pool it was cold for me but i saw different kids that enjoy it all the time!!!!
For us was a good hotel, with good attention and service and we like to stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
San Leandro, CA
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed a week with a party of seven. It was lovely. Very nice and helpful staff. The Bistro restaurant has very good food for breakfast (we ate our other meals in our unit or out in the area). The service was very good, Patty was a great tour guide too!

Perfectly comfortable for our party, each couple had their own one bedroom unit, two couples had the full unit with Kitchen, the others had a one bedroom no kitchen. Well appointed, clean and the only down side to the kitchen is not having a real oven (the convection microwave is not my favorite way to cook!). We were able to have a lovely holiday dinner anyway.

The sound of water running in the stream was very nice and the jacuzzi style bathtub was perfect to take the winter chill off! This place is probably better in warmer months, they are not insulated well and the heat had to stay on to keep the place comfortable, but it did. I am guessing that would be true of air conditioning in the heat of summer too.

There is wireless, but the connection is weak in the units, I had to go to the office to get a usable signal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends