“Fourth stay since 2000 - always a good time!”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fourth stay since 2000 - always a good time!”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I've been staying at RCI t/s since the 1980's. I first traded into the Pines in the summer of 2000. I liked the place so much, I bought a 1br biennial unit, which is perfect for my needs. I love the privacy and sunlight of the units. I love all the windows and fresh air; the water features and listening to the babbling brook behind my unit as I drift off to sleep. I love parking right in front of my unit, my own private deck for coffee in the a.m., and the grill, too.

Yes, these units are compact. I would explain that to a large person. The kitchen and bath are extremely well-appointed. Actually, the entire unit is well equipped, especially electronically: 2 tv's, a VCR, CD player with speakers throughout.

I've stayed here with kids, my girl friend, my boyfriend, and by myself and have always found the staff terrific. The laundry room is new, very clean and equipped with a nice color tv. The resort is continuing to add amenities. It's reported to have the largest outdoor heated pool in Sedona.

I like the location which is convenient to Red Rock State Park, Sedona, hiking, Jerome, etc. It's a beautiful area to visit.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ottawasquaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2009

After reading some reviews on this resort, we didn't expect too much. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly suprised. The resorts itself is immaculate. Yes, the units resemble park model trailers but they are very nice. The main unit was very spacious with a garden tub, separate bedroom and the kitchen was equipped with all the amenities. We stayed in a 2 bedroom which had a nice deck and walkway to the 2nd bedroom with a full bath, table/2 chairs, tv, cable, ceiling fan. There was plenty of room for 2 people. My only disappointment was the mattress on the bed was super firm and I had trouble sleeping on it. Our unit had a little pond with a running brook between it and we went to bed each night to the sound of running water. It was relaxing. They had a large swimming pool with jacuzzi near the main office, a separate adult jacuzzi and even a jacuzzi next to the laundry room. Laundry is free and each unit even had a laundry basket, detergent and softener. If your traveling with kids, they have daily activities along with a minature golf course. They also have adult activities planned during the week. We played Texas Hold'em. We did take a sales tour of the timeshare to get free Verde Canyon Trail tours. The salesman made his presentation and didn't get an attitutde when we said no. There was no pressure to buy. The resort is about 10 minutes from Sedona. The red rocks of Sedona are amazing. I was more impressed with Sedona than the Grand Canyon. You must stroll in uptown Sedona. We visited Oak Creek, Prescott, Cottonwood and Jerome. We ate at the Old Town Diner in Cottonwood which I would recommend. Our biggest suprise was Jerome. It's an old mining town that has been turned into an artist community. We enjoyed strolling around the streets and checking out the different shops. We ate at the Asslym Resturant in the Jerome Hotel. It used be an Asslym. The view from the restaurant reminded me of traveling in Italy. It was well worth the trip and you don't want to miss the experience of Jerome if you go to Sedona. Yes, I would recommend this resort and would stay there again.

1 Thank Brenda H
Portland Maine
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I was concerned when I read the other reviews because my 15 year old daughter and I were booked to stay two nights at this resort. We were not going for the sales pitch but using our RCI points on vacation. We both thought it was wonderful. It was quiet, beautiful and private. I loved having our own seperate unit, even if it technically was a "trailer". It was very nice, very clean and very comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and useful and everyone seemed extremely friendly.

2 Thank ssss5555
hunterzmm
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The "cottages" are trailers with red stucco on the outside. Their only purpose there is to sell you a timeshare. Wifi is a joke, they say it is spotty, I found it to be non existent. If you do stay there and need wifi make sure you are near routers by the pool, laundry , or office. The "concierge" people-salepeople. They will book you on a tour and then shoo you out the door. BEWARE. We took a river boat tour and found out from others that they got a list of what to wear and bring, did we get one-NO. Do not book 2 big trips on consecutive days, my elderly mother was too tired to take the 2nd tour and wasted 175.00. Something the concierge should have told us. I personally would look for a hotel a little outside Sedona with a kitchenette. And you won't even have to listen to the timeshare sales pitch!

3 Thank hunterzmm
Alpine TX
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Since we are RV 5th wheel travelers on occasion we thought the lay-out of the resort to be just great----no noise from either side and no clacking footsteps above you---The units were certainly adequate for two people---Don't know how they would be for more----The staff was courteous and helpful---One of the things that sold us on a time share at this resort is the right to bring our dogs (pet-friendly units) and the privilege of bringing our 5th wheel two weeks out of every month---The laundry facility was clean and well equipped---The restaurant had really good service and food---I found the units clean and well-stocked with the essentials---As far as the resort having been in existence for 10 years and still selling shares the prime unit in Mazatlan (Pueblo Bonita Emerald Bay) was started 10 years ago and is still selling though it is one of the top-rated resorts in Mexico-----We have no complaints about our stay at Sedona Pines and trust that our ownership experience will be all that we hope it will be.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My husband & I decided to use a time-share week to travel to Sedona. The Sedona Pines Resort was available when we wanted to go. We read the reviews on Tripadvisor so we knew that this resort is different from a Hilton or Marriott. We were intrigued about the stand-alone units that some reviewers referred to as trailers. So, we signed up and headed to Sedona. We drove in and easily found the lobby for checking in. The staff was warm and helpful. We got our room key and headed to our unit. Each unit is indeed a free-standing "trailer." But boy was it comfortable! Each one-bedroom unit has a full, if compact, kitchen loaded with everything you could need including dishwasher, blender...cannot possibly list everything here...it is packed with gadgets. The bed was cushy and comfortable. Living room with pull-out sofa was next to the dining area. Pluses - if you have a free-standing "room," no worries about upstairs guests stomping around all night. We really liked the outside deck and bbq grill. The resort comes with large pool, miniature golf (fun!), adults only "spa" - very large jacuzzi area. There are many fountains and little streams outside - charming. The bonus was the on-site restaurant, Sedona Pines Bistro. It recently opened under new management and had delicious food at prices comparable to town. The Concierge service was great. We signed up for a Sunset tour of Grand Canyon and had a great time. This resort is located on the west side of town and very close to wineries and sight-seeing. We brought our laptop computer and were able to connect to wireless Internet from our unit. Overall, we recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachbabeSD
Colorado USA
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We used our RCI exchange for Sedona Pines. We knew going in the units were modulars so it wasn't a surprise. They're made to look like little adobes and are well appointed for what they are. Great windows all around the top to let in light but keep things private. Most of the units have a water feature nearby and you can hear the rippling water on your spacious deck. BBQ's for each unit, nice pool, an adult spa jacuzzi, miniature golf course, restaurant, work out room, lectures, and crafts. There's even a kid's club. It's been there for at least 10 years and they're still actively selling timeshares. You can get free train rides or jeep tours if you want to spend your time doing that. It's about 7 miles from Sedona which we enjoyed. Out of the hustle and bustle yet close enough. There were 3 of us in the unit, the pull out bed was comfortable enough, but you had to move the chairs and tables to fold it out. Two people could barely maneuver in the kitchen. The bathroom was good sized with a jacuzzi tub with shower. The small quarters made you put everything away yet they said they'd charge you if you moved dishes, furniture, etc. We had some major plumbing problems mid-week. First they said we should use the pool toilets since it was night time and they couldn't fix it until morning, but then they moved us for the night to another unit and gave us vouchers for the restaurant. The problem was fixed the next day and we didn't have to move all our stuff. They were very helpful. Current DVD rentals. Parking outside your unit. Free wifi. We had a great time in beautiful red rock country and Sedona Pines was a good base, but I'm glad we knew ahead of time what it was.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family