I was a little bit worried about staying here… I heard the cottages were too small and this timeshare resort was too far removed from Sedona. What I found was a very pleasant place to stay.
Yes, the cottage could have been bigger, but for my husband and myself it was just fine… no complaints! I found our unit clean and well maintained. The units are not attached and that, coupled with the landscaping, it does have a very private feel to it!
Our unit was right next to the very large, adult-only Jacuzzi spa and it was not noisy at all. The air-conditioning worked wonderfully and my husband really appreciated that!
Every unit has a barbeque grill (bring charcoal) that is cleaned by the ground crew daily. The laundry facility is nice, plenty of washers and dryers, with a TV to help the wait go by quickly.
This timeshare is located about 5 miles away from the town, by the Red Rock Loop and I actually prefer its location! We had no problem taking in all of the sites!
My one complaint is small… there was an odor we reported coming out of the garbage disposal our first morning there… it was immediately looked at, but odor returned the next morning… we reported it a second time and this time they took more time and really investigated the issue… and the problem was gone from that point on. So, it is really a compliment on how quickly they took care of a commonplace issue!
Suggestions for anyone who would want one… We enjoyed:
* A Red Rock Balloon sunrise ride
* A couple hours swimming and sunning at Slide Rock Park
* Seeing Montezuma’s Castle & Well
* Going to V-bar-V site (My favorite! Great petrogylphs!!!)
* Hiking Courthouse Butte Loop Trail
* Hiking Call of the Canyon/West Fork Trail (my husband’s favorite!)
* Spending time at Honanki and Palatki Heritage sites
* Visiting Chapel of the Holy Cross (beware of round-about construction traffic!)
* and shopping and eating in the town of Jerome (I suggest Haunted Hamburger and Belgian Jennie's Bordello Bistro & Pizzeria)
A good day trip is to Page, Arizona to go on the Navajo tour of Antelope Canyon… we had a wonderful time! Page is about 3 hours north, by Lake Powell… but it is not a bad drive at all.
I would also like to mention that the resort has an Arts and Crafts instructor. I took Karlene’s watercolor painting class loved it! She took a lot of time with me and gave me some excellent instruction!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Sedona Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedona Pines Hotel Sedona