“Redeemed by its Location”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Toronto, Canada
“Redeemed by its Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2008

My husband and I spent a week in Sedona. Anywhere else, this resort would have been sub par, but it was saved by being in beautiful Red Rock country! It is a few miles west of Sedona, very easy to miss especially if you approach after dark! If at all possible, plan your arrival in daylight, to get the most of the drama of seeing the red rocks as you come up Highway 179 (an easier way than Hwy 89A to get to Sedona from Phoenix).

First impressions:
- the front office smells of cigarette smoke although the property is very forceful in prohibiting smoking in the cabins;
- the cabin is compact - bedroom barely big enough for the bed, with built-in closets; we had to put one suitcase in the living room!
- there was a glob of blue toothpaste left on the side of the faucet which did not give us much confidence about the cleanliness of everything else!!
- burned light bulb in bathroom
- alarm clock display numbers defective

Latter 2 were corrected the next day upon my report to the office. But we had to live with the toothpaste until mid-week when housekeeping came for the once weekly cleaning. On that day, housekeeping put our dishes through the dishwasher without detergent, and I had to redo everything that evening. Another indicator of their cleaning standard.

Even though the cabins are not connected, we could hear our neighbour whenever they turn on their faucet at night. Thank goodness that was all we could hear!!

We signed up for a Bottom of the Grand Canyon tour through the office. But they cancelled it on us probably because we declined to attend the timeshare sales pitch in order to save on one tour price..... If it's important to you to visit the Grand Canyon ( we'd been there before), better book off site.

• Liked — free wi fi, free laundry
  • Disliked — substandard cleaning
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank elycee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Ohio (Cleveland Area)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

I was a bit skeptical at first because my stay here was offered as a get away for 2 nights through a travel agency in Florida. It is a timeshare property so we new what we were in for.

We had to attand a sales presentation for the time share which took about an hour and a half to 2 hours. We were pressured by several sales people but we kept saying no. We knew we had no intention to purchase but this helped us save alot of money for a hotel for 2 nights.

The property was absolutely amazing. There is a small stream that runs through the entire area so if you have your windows open you can hear the calming effect of running water.

There is a huge pool and jacuzzi. Then there is the Lagoon Spa. This area is for adults only. It was just my husband and I so we spent alot of time in there.

The condo was just like a dressed up mobile home. There is a patio with furniture and a grill. Full kitchen with everything you need. It was very clean. It isn't the Hyatt but it was so relaxing and amazing to sit out on the patio and watch the sunset. The sky is unbelieveable.

We had a fabulous time and if we would have been able to afford to purchase a timeshare this would have definatley been the spot.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shellieb1203
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2007

We have just arrived home from a fabulous stay in Arizona our last week spent at the Sedona Pines Resort using our RCI points. Excellent resort, excellent scenery,close to every thing we wanted to see, friendly staff, very clean and well maintained, free laundrey service, the Modula apartments well stocked with everything you need. We even had a new sofa and chair delivered during our stay even though the other was fine for me. The 1 bedroomed apartments are ample big enough for two adults.
I would definatley recommend to other people.
The Sales centre is there if you want it and if you do not know who holiday owner ship works then I would say go as you can always walk away if it is not what you want.
There is so much to do in the area we just did not get the time so we are going to have to back again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Triumph4
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

My husband and I just got back from spending a week at Sedona Pines Resort. First let me say Sedona is the most breathtaking area we have ever been to. Ok back to the reivew.....Yes it does at first glance look like a trailor park but it is so much more. The "cottages" are beautiful inside. Very clean, and almost brand new looking from the appliances to the carpets. The bedroom is a little small, but has plenty of room for unpacking. Pretty large bathroom with a whirlpool tub. You can park your car right in front of your own cottage and it even has a nice deck to sit out on. The grounds are spotless and has wonderful waterfalls throughout the resort to look at and enjoy. Staff was great in booking our Grand Canyon tour and also our Hot Air balloon ride , which I highly recommend!!!!! We also had dinner at the restaurant which we very much enjoyed. There are two hot tubs to use, which were both very clean and felt very nice after all day hikes ! We will visit again.

Stayed October 2007
7 Thank teakaym
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2007

We really enjoyed Sedona Pines. We had a one bedroom apartment. It does look like the shape of a trailer home, but its designed like a little cottage. I have to say, when you open up the door it's really great inside!!!
Spacious living room, little breakfast nook, all new appliances, great bathroom, jacuzzi tub, queensize bed. There were new televisons with dvr/vcr combinations and stereo system. There was an adult jacuzzi steps from our door. Just down the hill from our place was the pool and there was a jacuzzi in the pool area as well. It had all the amenities you would need. Laundry, free internet in the office to use whenever you needed, and the people were extremely friendly and helpful with pointing out things to do. Sedona itself is natually beautiful. Its just an amazing place. Don't miss sunrise and sunset at Airport Road. Great little restaurant at the top of airport road too for breakfast. Great local eats, Jose's in the Safeway shopping center...true Authentic Mexican. The best hueveos rancheros I've ever eaten...down to earth and no frills, but clean and great service and food. Don't miss Red Rock State Park, Pink Jeep Tours and the Cowboy Club for one of the best burgers ever. So much great hiking and just pure beauty. We could have stayed in Sedona for weeks. We were on our honeymoon so the Sedona Pines was perfect for us. I could see how it would be a tight fit for a family...if you have more than two children in a one bedroom. My only complaint is there wasn't a lot of room between the bed in the bedroom and the closets and drawers for clothes. However, there is so much storage and you really have a plac e for everything. I highly reccomend Sedona Pines. They do try to "get you to do the presentation" but the pressure isnt too bad, its more like a gentle push. We didnt do it, we were too busy doing what we wanted to do in terms of seeing the sights. Don't miss Bell Rock, Chapel of the Holy Cross and a long drive up 89A. Without a doubt, the best experience foodwise, romantic dinner is to eat at Garlands Lodge, ( call a few months in advance to secure a dinner reservation) a tucked away place, where you'll eat with strangers who become friends, they may put u at a table with people you dont know but its very pleasant and the food is 5 star. Enjoy Sedona!

5 Thank cdnj007
Flagstaff AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

I love this place. We originally attended the presentation expecting to buy at their new resort in Cornville, about 10 miles south. The staff, and even sales people were very informative and helpful. They found us a resale at the Pines for a very reasonable price. We are allowed to use both properties. I have had good luck when booking a bonus nite at the resort. Calling sometimes the same day and getting in on a "no show" or cancellation. They return calls quickly. Yes the cabins are a bit small but always clean and well stocked. The in room whirlpool tubs are nice and the adults only outdoor hot tub is huge and relaxing too. Staff is helpful. We live just 40 miles away but consider this place to be our stress reliever.

If you love a quirky dining experience, the Asylum restaurant in Jerome is wonderful. It is about 1/2 hour drive from the Pines. Call for reservations and ask to be seated by the window. Huge views!! well presented and tasty fine dining entrees. Interesting drive to the top of Mingus mountain.

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank Getaway58gypsy
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

I am usually very positive with my experiences in traveling and have never written a negative review before- But because this place was so deceiving, I felt that I had to. One of my friends "bought" into this timeshare and booked a 2 bdrm "suite" at Sedona Pines from another timeshare. I felt so bad for her when we arrived at this glorified trailer park. I know she was expecting something nice. One small bdrm was on one side with a small kitchen and sitting area, the other bdrm was across the decking. The second bdrm was HALF the size of the first. Additionally the second bdrm was only half of a single trailer with the other half rented to other guests. I literally could hear every sound made by the guests on the other half due to really thin walls. They have finished it with stucco and tile roof on the outside to try to make it look decent.
I honestly cannot believe these people are getting away with rating this as a 5 star resort. There's a lot of dishonesty going on in their advertising. The staff even lied saying that the shops in town all "closed" at 6pm due to not having street lights to keep us from going to town in the evening so that we would have to use their poor quality, overpriced amenties. I felt like I was camping. There is no way a one star trailer park should ever be rated a 5 star resort. It's just wrong to deceive people like this. Seriously, I wouldn't stay here if they paid me. Don't do it.
PS The town of Sedona is beautiful, but stay somewhere else.

• Liked — The Sedona area is very nice
  • Disliked — Very deceptive place to stay
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank 1234Marco