My husband and I spent a week in Sedona. Anywhere else, this resort would have been sub par, but it was saved by being in beautiful Red Rock country! It is a few miles west of Sedona, very easy to miss especially if you approach after dark! If at all possible, plan your arrival in daylight, to get the most of the drama of seeing the red rocks as you come up Highway 179 (an easier way than Hwy 89A to get to Sedona from Phoenix).
- the front office smells of cigarette smoke although the property is very forceful in prohibiting smoking in the cabins;
- the cabin is compact - bedroom barely big enough for the bed, with built-in closets; we had to put one suitcase in the living room!
- there was a glob of blue toothpaste left on the side of the faucet which did not give us much confidence about the cleanliness of everything else!!
- burned light bulb in bathroom
- alarm clock display numbers defective
Latter 2 were corrected the next day upon my report to the office. But we had to live with the toothpaste until mid-week when housekeeping came for the once weekly cleaning. On that day, housekeeping put our dishes through the dishwasher without detergent, and I had to redo everything that evening. Another indicator of their cleaning standard.
Even though the cabins are not connected, we could hear our neighbour whenever they turn on their faucet at night. Thank goodness that was all we could hear!!
We signed up for a Bottom of the Grand Canyon tour through the office. But they cancelled it on us probably because we declined to attend the timeshare sales pitch in order to save on one tour price..... If it's important to you to visit the Grand Canyon ( we'd been there before), better book off site.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Sedona Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedona Pines Hotel Sedona