“Relaxing Destination”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Forest Houses Resort
Ranked #48 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have been coming to Forrest Houses for over 10 years and absolutely look forward to our visits. We bring books, games and lots of food. there are great hiking trails nearby and great patios to enjoy a good book on. We always feel welcomed and Bob is very gracious. We have all of the modern convenience in a great setting. Our absolute favorite house is the cloud and we enjoy this every May. There is no AC, but this has never been an issue. The weather is always cool in the mornings and evenings.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sluna

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our 1st trip to Forest Houses, can't see how anyone would give them a bad review. We arrived a little early and the owner went out of his way to get our cabin ready for us. The grounds are very pretty, however from what I read I thought it was further up in the woods, other than hearing the road traffic this place was great. Our cabin was very clean, and all our needs were met. It was nice to get away from the tv and electronics. Games and books are provided to borrow. The price is also very resonable compared to the resorts in the area and we found plenty to do in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank plentyofpicsPa
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Please don't let the negative reviews steer you away from this gem! In fact, my husband and I are bewildered how anyone could find the setting and staff more than exceptional. We have been going to the Forest Houses since 2005. At this point, we have four reservations booked a year, because we treasure the escape that this beautiful place provides. It is true that there is no cell phone reception or tv, and that is EXACTLY what we love, nothing but nature and a chance to relax by the creek! Bob and his staff have ALWAYS been accommodating and polite. In fact, we left several items in the Trout house last spring, only to have Bob call and tell us that he was going to be in Mesa the following weekend and would bring us our belongings! We love everything about this diamond in the rough. We travel very often and have stayed in many resorts, hotels, and cabins. You will never find a place more serene than The Forest Houses.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I'm not usually one to review alot but I've been coming to Forest Houses since I was a teenager with my parents. We have our weekend booked out a year in advance and absolutely cannot wait to go back every year. I'm honestly shocked when I see bad reviews because everyone is so friendly and accommodating. I hope to find another weekend where my boyfriend and I can escape for a weekend from the heat.

The properties are quite simple - no TV and no Internet. The idea is to unplug! If you're looking for something high tech and fancy you won't find that here - try an overpriced hotel in city!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NinaSaraa
Reviewed August 29, 2011

It was time for a long overdue getaway! I carefully researched everything, and decided on Forest Houses. I disregarded the bad reviews here -- I gave the current owner the Benefit of the Doubt for being an older person with a hearing loss, not the weirdo people claimed him to be. I am not a complainer by nature, but the reviews came true. They overbooked my room and kicked me off without apology. The owner himself was blatantly dishonest about several things. From the GetGo, the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. If you want a vacation you can rely on, DO NOT MAKE YOUR RESERVATION AT FOREST HOUSES RESORT. There are many more to pick from! And anyplace will treat you better than they treated me here.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
25  Thank WildHorseMesa
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We rented "Mary's House," one of about a dozen cabins flanking Oak Creek Canyon on this property. The floor-to-ceiling windows offered a gorgeous and serene view, while the wrap-around porch provided a closer look. Everything was impeccably clean when we arrived, as if it had been detailed instead of cleaned, and the whole house was impressively decorated. There's no television, cell phone service or wi-fi, which might be a negative for some visitors but for us was a wonderful opportunity to disconnect for once. We played board games, baked, read some of the many books and magazines scattered about on bookshelves and end tables, and walked along the creek. And the king size sleep number bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable! The only downside was that there were many spiders in the house and quite a few ants, but that's expected, I suppose, when one is in the middle of a canyon. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: You must request Mary's house, because it isn't listed on the website.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

There is no better place for people who enjoy the stunning beauty the canyon, creek, and plants have to offer in this area. Each house is a work of art, made from natural materials that complement the beautiful environment. Most houses offer views of the creek, and the relaxing sound of the creek can be heard from some of them as well. My husband and I have enjoyed Rock House and Creek House, and hope to try Cloud House sometime soon. Bob is very friendly and offered us books, games, maps, suggestions for dining out. When we apologized for accidentally breaking a dish and wine glass, ( slippery hands !) we was very gracious about it. Our two large dogs were welcomed, and we all enjoyed hiking on nearby trails. The houses are clean and had stone surfaces that dogs cant damage. We enjoyed watching a light snowfall in February as we sipped warm drinks near the stone fireplace and relished the perfect weather and wildflowers in April. Anyone who likes nature, friendly people and a bit of peace will return to this place!

Room Tip: Check out the maps to select ahouse on the creek if you wish, or select a more isolated one in the w...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple