“One of the best kept secrets in Sedona - Son Silver West and its two benefits”

Son Silver West Gallery
Ranked #25 of 158 things to do in Sedona
Sedona, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best kept secrets in Sedona - Son Silver West and its two benefits”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

While taking the Japanese around the magnificent city of Sedona, AZ, I have discovered a lovely shop and gallery, Son Silver West, which has some well kept secrets. By the way, you can't miss Son Silver West Gallery on the way into Sedona as you drive up Hwy. 179 from the Village of Oak Creek, because you'll see the large white rooster on the left side of the road, shortly after you pass the turnoff for the Chapel of the Holy Cross. And I wanted share them here, as they have to do with health and wellness.

Besides some beautiful paintings and products, not to mention the funky antiques from the old Route 66 that are laid out on the property so that travelers can see them from the road, the items I want to mention here are: The mini-vortex on the land there and the iced Prickly Pear Tea that they offer.

First, the mini-Vortex (see the video to left for explanation of a "vortex"): This is a vortex whose center is located to the left of the front of the shop when you enter. As soon as you enter the gate - that has antlers on it - turn left and follow the arrows to the "Voted BEST Vortex in Sedona." You'll eventually find a tree with a sign "Vortex" with an arrow pointing below it, with a simple iron chair below that you can sit on to enjoy the energy of the vortex in that spot. People have mixed reactions here, but I tend to feel that there is definitely something to the energy of a vortex. I always feel better after going to Son Silver West. The staff there even told me one day that the center of the vortex is in that spot with the chair, but the entire store benefits from the "field" of the vortex. Everyone feels the effects, whether they can literally feel it or not.

Here's one experience I've had there. I was with a Japanese woman who's dealt with cancer in her life. She came to Sedona in part to turn her life around and heal completely. I took her to Son Silver West and the vortex. She sat in the vortex chair for awhile. After a few minutes of silence, I asked her what she was feeling. She raised her hand and showed me her hand lying down. She said at first she felt as though the cells in her body were lying down. Then after awhile, she said, it felt like all her cells were coming alive; and she raised her hand upward, perpendicularly to the earth. She was definitely feeling something. When I go to the spot, I sometimes feel some energy in the middle of my back, or if I stop to meditate, I sense some subtle energies in my body.

Second, the Prickly Pear Tea: I didn't try this tea until one day, when a Japanese woman wanted to try it and got us both a serving of it. I was surprised how delicious it was! Then, when I got home and looked it up online, I discovered that it's a very good, healthy tea. It helps stabilize ones blood sugar, among other things, so it's a great tea for diabetics and those needing to watch their sugar levels.

So, next time you come through the "City of Light" Sedona, I urge you to look up Son Silver West Gallery and shop. And don't forget to look into having some Sedona Energy Work Special with Yours Truly! (See www.SedonaEnergyMaria.com for details.)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MariaDancingHeart

Phoenix, AZ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A fun shopping experience!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We always stop here when we visit Sedona! They have SO much to look at and there's room after room, each filled with interesting and mostly colorful or artistic things, in all price ranges. It's a little mini adventure and everyone we've taken there has enjoyed it. I'd recommend a stop there--it's a little outside of uptown Sedona.

Visited July 2013
Surprise, Arizona
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 236 helpful votes
“WOW what a gem”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you can't find something here to take home then you just weren't looking hard enough. They have everything and set up so nicely. So colorful and they even have a chapel right in the middle of the pretty yards of art. The metal peacocks were our favorite, all different sizes and so many different colors. The metal art is fantastic, lots of other items to complete your home décor too. Or even gift items galore available. They have different room areas outdoors to browse thru. It is like a big surprise going thru each area, every one of them so different and unique. So much different than the usual tourist souvenir stores. All items priced right. This is a must stop when in Sedona.

Visited July 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Treasure Filled Gallery”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great place to visit...you will be tempted to buy everything there. Just a buffet for the eyes. What a special collection of items. Make sure to visit the chapel. We enjoyed a delicious Prickly Pear Iced Tea as we walked around this place of endless treasure...

Visited June 2013
Arizona
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

DON'T pass this place by. It is an amazing place to visit. It is a store, however it feels more like a museum. If you've ever wanted to look at different types of Mexican and/or Western art and decor, this is the place to do it. The only reason I didn't rate it as excellent is because the prices are a little high compared to the rest of Sedona. I also wouldn't recommend the Prickly Pear iced tea. A great place to walk around, inside and out.

Visited April 2013

Been to Son Silver West Gallery? Share your experiences!