“...”
Review of Huckaby Trail

Ranked #45 of 159 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: An intermediate-level hiking and biking trail stretches 2.6 miles from Schenebly Hill Road down to Oak Creek.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

didn't do the whole trail, I hiked from Migdley Bridge to the Oak Creek and back (about 1.5 miles round trip, not sure), very easy, did in 30 minutes, many beautiful views

2  Thank VictorGAlmeida
in 9 reviews
"views"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stop at the Migdley Bridge and there were several trailheads. The Huckaby goes under the bridge and then down into the canyon. We walked about a mile which was enjoyable with great views of the Oak Creek Canyon towards Sedona but had to turn back as we had other events on our schedule and did not have the time for the 4 plus mile hike. Never had an opportunity to get back but friends of ours did and stated the hike was a good one, much greener than many of the other Sedona Trails as you walk along the creek canyon. You must have a Red Rock pass to park at the Trailhead parking lot by the Bridge.

1  Thank msmacher
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We found this trail by accident, and glad we did. I love steel bridges and stop to take a picture of the bridge at the start of the trail. My friend and I decided to hike the trail. I took us down along the creek and under the bridge. The views were so nice! Quite an unexpected adventure for two nature loving wanderers.

1  Thank mary_spoehr
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We hiked the Huckaby Trail ten years ago and again this week. (some of the hills have gotten higher over the past ten years). The view from the bridge is wonderful and the path is a solid material base. There is a railing and it wraps around the end of the bridge. The trail continues to wind down through the valley and the dominate sound of the rushing water is a comfortable companion. We took pictures along the way and just enjoyed the peacefulness of the day. Some loose rocks so be careful as sometimes the views can lead to missteps due to the distraction. Oak Creek is a beautiful place.

2  Thank James H
See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I loved this trail. I thought it was beautiful from the moment I started. After hiking a little over a mile you get a good view of Oak Creek. Then you hear the sounds of the rushing river for the duration of the hike. It was awesome! The sound of the creek made me feel like I was walking along the ocean in a forest. I would definitely do this one again.