“great motel would stay again”
Review of Sedona Motel

Sedona Motel
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
oregon
“great motel would stay again”
Reviewed October 31, 2008

owner very friendly, uncomplicated, and knowledgeable about the region - I went on all the recommended hikes he gave me the first night, and they were wonderful. I got a room with a silent fridge, one that does not go on and off the whole night. payment in advance requested. Room heated up quickly (it was December). AC is located in the back room and does not blow onto the beds. For this reason alone I'd stay there also in summer. Very pretty view of snoopy rock out the front window, pointing east, sun rising above. Walking distance to uptown Sedona (3-15 minutes, then you're at the North end) and to a very pretty hiking area at the foot of snoopy rock. Several breakfast/coffee places with free wireless only one block towards uptown, a 3 min walk across the crossing and up the stairs to a little shopping area. My forever choice for Sedona. I've looked at other motels and this is by far the best location.

• Liked — friendly careful owner
  • Disliked — no wireless, but cafes are close
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank scmu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Ft. Smith Arkansas
Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is our second stay at the Sedona Motel. We also experienced the 'late night partiers' on Sep 13th. I suggest the owner Bill put his cell phone number in the rooms. He was very apologetic and immediately said we should have called him. The group checked out so it wasn't an issue. We stayed 3 nights. It's always clean and it just feels 'comfortable'. Twice we sat on the balcony and gazed at Snoopie' (rock formations) and had a glass of wine. The owner Bill is extremely pleasant and helpful with recommendations on 'local' things to do and where to eat. We ate at the 'Raw food' place one night just to try it. The food was pretty good and it was fun!. One night we asked for a simple pizza and beer place. Bill recommended the 'Hideaway' right across the street. It was excellent and we got 20% off!!

Check out the Magic shop next door... good for kid gifts.

The Sedona Motel is what Sedona is all about.

• Liked — relaxing !!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
8 Thank perkark
Pa
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We stayed at Sedona Motel for 1 night. It was very nice and clean but do not get the room by the patio. Not really the motels fault but- very noisy guests on patio kept us up from 2:30AM-5AM! This was a Saturday night and they were probably coming from a bar but this is no excuse for rudeness. Rooms were comfortable, clean and they have a fridge and microwave. Bill, the host, was very helpful and informative. Over all I would recommend this motel.

• Liked — Clean, well kept rooms, location
  • Disliked — noisy guests, parking
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank adrenlinejunkie
Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I picked this little motel because of the reviews on this site. They were right! It was affordable, peaceful, clean, quiet. Just what we needed. The parking lot was a little strange...if you had a big van you would have a bit of trouble if you were parked at the far end. The views were great and the covered patio right outside our room (we were on the end) was nice. Sedona was quite expensive, the restaurants, the shops. It was nice to save a bit of money on lodging so I could spend more on Zuni jewelry!

I have always said I would never move to Arizona. Too much brown, too many critters that bite,crawl, and creep me out. Then we went to Sedona. I loved the area! It was so beautiful, peaceful and tranquil. Made me think twice...but, must admit, great place to visit, not for me to live there. Want to go back! Just couldn't get enough of those red rocks!

• Liked — the price, the location, the view
  • Disliked — not their fault - road construction right outside motel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SCBMichigan
Connecticut
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I contacted many, more pricey, hotels in Sedona, about my serious allergies to chemical vapors. I have a chemical injury in my respiratory system, and can't inhale even the slightest chemical perfumes or fragrances. I needed the hotel I was to stay to allow me to bring my own sheets, blankets, and towels, and asked that they don't shampoo the rugs with any fragranced rug cleaner, prior to my arrival. No other hotel in the area was willing to help with my issue. The owners of the Sedona Motel were very compassionate, thoughtful, and went out of their way to make my 5 night stay very comfortable. They had the room shampooed with water only, and had the room stripped of all linens and soaps prior to my arrival. I had 5 nights of healthy sleeping, and no respiratory problems.

The Sedona Motel is located within a half block of the "Y", which makes it accessible to everything in the area. The rooms are clean and the bed was very comfortable. They have maps of the area in the lobby, with directions to all the sites, and have menus to many of the local restaurants, that you can look at before you go out. The view of the red rocks from the motel parking lot is awesome too! You can see Snoopy Rock and Teapot Rock, very clearly, and a few other towering spires that I don't know the names of.

The owners and staff were all friendly and helpful

If you don't mind that they don't have a pool, and you are looking for a comfortable, clean and affordable place to stay, do yourself a favor and save some cash and stay at the Sedona Motel!

Stayed June 2008
6 Thank PeaceChannel711
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Sedona Motel is right at the Y, where 179 and 89A meet. A superb location when wanting to travel by foot to restaurants, shops, Tlaquepaque and more and a quick drive to nearby rock formations. Bill, the host, was wonderful in providing information on where to eat, where to hike, and everything in between. The rooms aren't fancy but they have all the accommodations I needed and more, such as a closet to hang up clothes along with iron and ironing board, a cool fridge, microwave and coffee maker, a full size bath and hair dryer, and more. For a great value and great location, plus warm and intelligent staff I would definitely recommend the Sedona Motel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Allumer
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I stayed here March 6-10 while I attended an Angel Workshop at the Sedona Creative Life Center which is less than a 5 minute drive away. This no-frills motel is perfectly situated in the heart of Sedona with easy access to wherever you want to go. I was warmly greeted by a lovely lady named Eliah (not sure if I spelled that right! It's pronounced Aleeya!). She is also who I spoke with to book my room. She happily answered any questions I had and even lent me the hotel's book about the Vortexes!

I paid $109 per night and had room #30, which has two double beds. The room was neat, clean, smoke-free and had everything I needed for my stay there - including a mini-fridge and microwave. I turned the t.v. on when I got there, just for kicks really, and the picture was horrible, LOL! It didn't bother me a bit though because I didn't care to watch t.v. at all during my stay.

Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely stay here again! I posted pictures and would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have! =)

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — All of the single rooms were booked, so I had to go with the double.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business