“Clean, simple, convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
The Villages, Florida
“Clean, simple, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend in September while on a 2 week trip through Utah and Arizona. Nothing fancy, but definitely clean, comfortable and affordable. Very convenient location and Bill was very helpful and friendly. We were in room 33 on the bend and enjoyed the extra space. Great patio. Didn't notice road noise. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 33 has some extra room.
1 Thank luvstravlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
aberdeen scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very well situated motel right on the Y within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. The views, of course are spectacular. Definitely a no-frills motel though but very clean and spacious. If you don't like traffic noise be aware that there is a very busy road just outside the motel.

We had a spectacular breakfast at Ken's Creekside right across from the motel - might be worth checking out for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end so you'll be close to the terrace.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cassady99
Jasper, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was a great place to stay and experience the Sedona area. We got good advice from the owner on where to eat etc. the room was very large and most important to us very clean. Beautiful view and easy walking to downtown Sedona.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JollyRogeryoho
Perth, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,211 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I and another couple just spent the night in the Sedona Hotel and we were very happy with our choice. Thank you Tripadvisor. There is a balcony at the end of the units where you can watch the sunrise and sunset over the red rocks great idea.
Location : Even though on main street, not a lot of traffic noise, also within walking distance to many restaurants ( Ken's Creekside across the road was excellent) The motel is away from the main part of town but was not a problem.
Rooms: Basic, clean and a good size, as were the bathrooms no mod cons or toiletries in room.
The room did have a fridge and there is a liquor store across the road so you can sit and have a drink on the terrace. There is free Wifi available which is a bonus. Rooms 32 and 33 are near the terrace.
Parking: right outside the front door.
Reception and check in: We did not know check in was 3pm and we were in a hurry to do Pink Jeep tour at this time so called Bill from reception who came within 15 mins to let us in much appreciated, he also helped us with information on the area.
All in all staying at the Sedona hotel was a very positive experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Sedona.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same 32 and 33 are near the terrace.
2 Thank lindakthomas
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Trip Advisor did us right (again). This was a delightful hotel for us to have as homebase for our time in Sedona. Clean, comfortable and centrally located. Loved it, and will surely stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good for a basic motel; that said- don't have too high of expectations. This is not a luxury place, the beds could be better, the sheets & towels were good-but we felt that they rationed the towels. There were no frills like shampoo, but I bring my own-those little bottles are a waste anyway. The location is great! Close, but not in the high pressure tourist fray of uptown Sedona. You can park right outside your door and there is a wonderful patio with great views. We really liked the restaurants across the street, especially "The Hideaway". You can walk to shopping, but the motel is not in the middle of it. There is road noise, but, that is anyplace in Sedona. The management is helpful and the maids were efficient without being pushy. I liked the refrigerator, (no horrible mini bar!), microwave and coffee maker. The room was an ok size-not huge-but we weren't climbing over each other. I would stay there again, I thought it was a good value in a pricy town. I can't say it was romantic-I was staying there with my sister. Hopefully, they won't raise the rates with all these good reviews-then I wouldn't recommend it!

Room Tip: There are about ten rooms in a row facing the road. I don't think any would be any quieter. I pe...
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Like so many other trip advisor reviews, I picked this place because of all the high praise and the value. But I have to admit, when my husband and I pulled in, his first reaction was "and you picked this place WHY???" First look its an old "route 66" strip motel - maybe 10-15 rooms. If I didnt have a reservation (that needed 48 hours to cancel) I would have definitely passed this place by or canceled if I could have. Now that being said - the price was definitely right -- just about $100 - I will admit I did not compare prices other than what was listed here, but it definitely seemed extremely reasonable. The location was great - there were about 4 restaurants within a 5 minute walk & the walk to the Main St area was about 15 mins, possible but uphill. The room decor was definitely outdated but everything was very clean. My only complaint would have to be the chairs had a number of stains. The bed was pretty comfortable, flat screen tv, frig & microwave. Carpeting & paint looked fairly new. AND one of my pet peeves - the air conditioner was nice and quiet. There is a great view from the patio area located at the end of the row of rooms, which is very nice. A couple of things I didnt like -- if you are hoping for an early checkin, it isnt going to happen even if the rooms are done (and i believe they were) -- checkin is 3 p.m. and no one is on the premises until that time. (He also leaves the premises in the evening and doesnt return until 8:30 the next morning) Also there is no ability to print out a boarding pass if needed (which I did). Would I go back....hmmmm, not sure, I think I would double check the number of hotels that were located right in the main street area and looked a bit more up to date. But the thing is I dont really think I can say that much negative about this place!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple