“A great deal in Sedona!”
Review of Matterhorn Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Matterhorn Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was more affordable than the other resorts in the area. It was also centrally located. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and spacious. The beds were comfortable and it had a nice flat screen television. The customer service was very good. We happened to be there on the weekend it snowed 6 inches, which is unusual for the area, so we were not able to actually see the view from our room. When the clouds cleared we were able to see the red rock and what appeared to be a beautiful view on a clear day. The room also had a spacious patio with chairs that we might have used had it not been freezing outside. The hotel faces the street/highway and is tucked in the middle of cute shops and restaurants. It's also right across from a day spa. The only thing I did not like was that the price of the room did not include a breakfast like most hotels. They don't offer any food at all, but there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Matterhorn Inn

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed here for four nights. The view and location were wonderful! The room was very clean and the people working in the office were very helpful. We loved the balcony and took advantage of the two chairs and table to enjoy a glass of wine and the gorgeous view. The TV was a nice sized flat screen. Make sure you get a guide from the office, we didn't know about the guide until the last evening. The exceptions...On their website they say the beds are pillowtop. Our bed was not. It had a fluffy mattress cover and was no better than any other hotel in this price range. You can hear guests in the rooms next door almost as if they were in the same room. We had no problem listening to their conversations and snoring. There is no elevator, probably because the hotel is two stories. If you have mobility issues you should be aware or get a room on the first floor. The one and only handicap parking spot is smaller than all the regular spots. We had to back in so I could get my door open all of the way, as I need to do. Bring an extension cord for your laptop because there were no extra plugs in the room. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but you won't have any problem finding places to eat. We shopped at a nearby grocery store to take advantage of the small fridge in the room. Would we stay here again? Maybe, but only for one or two nights.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Matterhorn Inn. It's location in downtown Sedona allowed us to walk to restaurants and cute shops. The friendly staff updated us about local attractions and the views from our balcony were gorgeous!
Plentiful parking made our stay even better since we were so close to downtown activites.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I decided to take an overnight break in Sedona. I rolled into town and one of the first hotels was the Matterhorn Inn. It looked fine, and I was rewarded for stopping. Clean accommodations and an outstanding view! Great little downtown hotel. There is a little balcony to step out. Over all it was pretty nice. I would recommend this hotel for folks who are on a tight budget, it met all expectations.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This place is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the views in the morning. In the afternoon and the sunset it is very beautiful as well. The location is across a shopping center which was decorated in xmas lights. The whole area was breath taking. I think it’s the perfect place to see the red rocks and "snoopy". Although the hotel is right on a main street the traffic is very mellow, you can easily walk across the street without any problems. The traffic is so slow at night you may see 4 or 5 cars at a time at 9pm, at 11 it’s like a ghost town. Very quiet, no loud neighbors. Xmas season is very beautiful in Sedona. The room was perfect, no problems that I could think of. The staff was very nice and helpful. The restaurants such as the coffee pot are not too far away. The trout farm is 2 or 3 miles up the road (heading toward flag staff) and has beautiful views as well.

I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone. I think i may have to definately stay up there again next year.

NOTE: All rear of the rooms face the red rocks! I think all the rooms have views!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This hotel is located in the shopping district (itself a great place) across from Snoopy Rock and has a great view. It looks nice on the outside; it's clean and comfortable on the inside; and their products are organic. We very much enjoyed this place and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband & I went on an "out west" trip in April 2010 with Sedona being our first stop in our adventure. I absolutely LOVED Sedona! I thought it was gorgeous!
& I am so happy with our pick of hotel as well. The view from our balcony at the Matterhorn was outstanding & we spent lots of time sitting out there enjoying the view, having a couple beers, & people watching!
The location of the Matterhorn was great-we were able to walk to shops & restaurants.
We even booked a hot air balloon ride & were picked up right outside the door.
Room was very clean & spacious. Included a fridge, which was key for us b/c we planned to be on the road the entire trip with 1 or 2 day stays at each destination. We were traveling with snacks, lunch meat, & drinks, so it was really nice to be able to put stuff in the fridge.
My only complaint was that the bathroom was pretty small, but for the amount of time we were there (2 nights), it worked perfectly.
Overall, we loved the Matterhorn & would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple