“A little pricy but great frozen yogurt and toppings”
Review of Zainey's Frozen Yogurt - CLOSED

Zainey's Frozen Yogurt
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Zainey's Yogurt is proud to be Sedona’s only self-serve frozen yogurt shop.Now open, Zainey's is pleased to offer high quality frozen yogurt where you, our customers, are the boss! Our self-service environment and 12 variety of flavors allows you to mix and match your favorite frozen yogurt flavors and toppings so you can customize your sweet treat just the way you like it.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I really enjoy Zainey's from time to time they always have a great selection of frozen yogurt and an incredible selection of toppings. Would probably stop in more often if it were more reasonably priced, but I guess being the only show in town they charge what they wish. But don't let that stop you great quality and very friendly staff.

1  Thank Jeffrey S
There are newer reviews for Zainey's Frozen Yogurt

Reviewed June 18, 2014

As a foodie and avid traveler I'm lucky to get to try different places all over the country. Now I don't need an excuse to stop in and get a sweet treat for myself; in fact going to a yogurt shop like this actually justifies my craving because it's sweet but SO much better than the alternative. I have to say I am a big fan of Zainey's. One of my biggest pet-peeves is not being greeted when you walk in to a place; they greeted me as soon as I stepped foot inside. The young lads and ladies were very helpful and seemed to really know the product. I asked for suggestions and they were quick to tell me the popular flavors (they have some that are a staple) and then tell me about some that they really like that are newer (they get newer flavors fairly often from what I could tell to keep the public on their toes). Check plus.

There were a TON of yogurt flavors to choose from and even had the option to twist some flavors together. I haven't seen that option around much. Being the hefty guy I am and being that I am a foodie I had to try more than one flavor. I didn't mix them together but I tried the Cake Batter and the Watermelon Sorbet. The Cake Batter was the best thing I had eaten on my trip...not to mention I tossed a couple WARM COOKIES in it. Yes friends, that's right, warm cookies. It was amazing. To finish up I had the Watermelon. It was a much lighter choice, obviously, than the Cake Batter and I instantly felt better about my choices...even though I had two servings. It was very refreshing and with it being such a hot day, very needed.

I've seen some reviews about the prices being high but I would have to call into question their knowledge of yogurt facilities. Sedona isn't like Roanoke, Va where everything is still a nickle and a side of fries is free. It's a bit more expensive town. But even that doesn't show in the prices of the yogurt at Zainey's. There are places in Greensboro (not as expensive of a place as Sedona) where the prices are higher than Zainey's. Can I also add that I would prefer to pay more when getting a quality product. If you go to dump and pay a lot of money I can understand calling into question the price point. But Zainey's is far from a dump and you certainly get a great value as far as the amount and quality of the product.

All in all I couldn't ask for more. When the sweet tooth hits (which is always for some of us) head to Zainey's for the sweet treat...and unless you eat two helpings like me you can feel good about making a healthier choice too.

1  Thank Alex R
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I'm writing this review because Zainey's Yogurt has disappointed us yet again. For those who live in Sedona, this is our only option (I hope this isn't the case for long). But, our family is now at the point of saying "forget it" when someone suggests going to Zainey's.

I'll start with the good. They have friendly, nice kids working the counters. OK, that's it. The rest is terrible. The yogurt itself is only OK, and their machines will often go into the over-freeze mode, putting yogurt into the "crystalline" category. If you enjoy quality frozen yogurt (and places like Yogurtland in Phoenix -- yummy!) you know that good frozen yogurt is creamy, smooth and never filled with ice crystals. Not the case here. Last night, both of us tried the Euro Tart, our favorite flavor (from a selection that rarely changes and is really uninspired). It happened that last night, the plain white Euro Tart was pink, and it was filled with ice crystals. We complained to the nice girl at the counter and she did nothing . . . no replacement cups, no "Gee, I'm sorry" or anything! I wondered why these nice kids hadn't been taught better customer service, so we finished our far-below-average yogurt and left. This morning I called the owner, expecting to get an offer of a replacement. NOW, I know exactly why the counter girl didn't offer to replace the yogurt . . . instead of offering us anything for our trouble, the owner (who announced her name as a "Doctor") simply argued about it. When you argue with a customer, that says "We think you are a liar."

Frankly, we are waiting for Zainey's to take the next logical step and go OUT of business. They can't succeed selling yogurt at a 35-40% higher price than anywhere else, and to top that off, providing no customer service. Good riddance will be what this family says.

1  Thank Lindaj99
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had not encountered this type of serve yourself--pay-by-the-pound yogurt shop before. Flavor assortment of yogurts was great. Best of all was the wide variety of toppings. They have fruit, syrups, crumbles, cookies, etc. etc. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank mufasar c
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've been here several times and have a 'loyalty' card, which was changed to something done with a cellphone where I can get a discount after X number of visits. Much more convenient that trying to remember to bring a card. When you come in, you are given small sampling cups to determine which frozen yoghurt you want to try. Cake batter is excellent, along with the dulce de lece. Put whatever flavors you want into a cup and then go over to the counter and put whatever flavor of toppings you want.........and there are a TON of toppings! Service is friendly and fast. The place is clean. There is seating available inside.

Definitely worth visiting!