“Laid back and good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Richmond Hill, Ontario
“Laid back and good”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was surprised at the recent reviews. Our experience in our 3 day January visit to Sedona had us wishing for a branch in our town. All we had was the regular coffee, and it was very good. We also ordered small breakfasts, brought from the Mediterranean restaurant adjoining (and possibly co-owned), which were wonderful.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Half dark roast, half medium, no problem...and a discounted refill...what's not to like?

What really made us repeat customers was the laid back ambiance. Locals greeted each other as they walked in. Sofas, coffee tables and regular tables were surrounded by western and contemporary art on bare brick walls. Customers (an eclectic mix) sitting around chatting (one older gentleman had 2 computers set up on a coffee table in front of a settee), and a no rush attitude made this our early "go to" place to plan our day's Sedona adventures.

• Visited January 2013

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Disappointed :-(”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I LOVE our coffee. We were looking for a place to go one morning and someone mentioned this place. They were not very busy when we went in, but it took a while to get our drinks. We sat at the little bar next to where Mark was making the drinks, and right off I was a bit concerned about how they would taste. He did not measure and he did not pull full shots. My husband asked for Caramel in his latte and when it wouldn't pump out, after 8 pumps, Mark just let it go at that. So, very little Caramel in the drink. My White chocolate mocha didn't even taste like coffee. It was not hot and it had no flavor other than milk. The girl that took our order was unpleasant and in a rush to get our order, even though there was nobody else waiting.
We were disappointed with both the service and the product. Good price (compared with Starbuck's) but not good taste for the money.

• Visited February 2013
Frenchtown
“So disappointing...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Heart of Sedona Coffee was one of my favorite places. They served delicious coffee, latte and yerba mate latte. They seemed to take great pride in their latte art, beautiful designs swirled into the latte to brighten people's days. I am embarrassed to share that I once actually took a photo of the latte art and sent it to a friend while I was there, to let her know how blissful I was feeling.

We were out of the area for a few months and came back to find the staff has changed, the service has declined and the coffee is no longer worth drinking. No more latte art nor even an attempt at latte art!

Bitter coffee has replaced the wonderful coffee that had previously been served. I have been to Heart of Sedona Coffee twice in the past week, and both times discarded my drink (one coffee and one latte) without finishing it. I am writing this in hope that the new owner/management sees it and does whatever is necessary to restore this once-wonderful coffee house. There is nothing in the area to replace it.

I would have spoken to someone in person, but the counter staff seemed irritated to have to take the time to serve people at all. (This is not at all typical in lovely Sedona.) I cannot imagine they would have been interested in discussing a need for improvement. I miss the wonderful staff of a few months ago.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne
“Finding great coffee in the USA”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband is a coffee snob, so we're used to Googling "best coffee in..." when we're travelling, to try and find something he will drink. Imagine our delight when we stumbled on this gem in Sedona purely by accident (we were on our way to the supermarket.) Great coffee, as good as you'd get anywhere in Melbourne, and they made a yummy smoothie for our daughter too. We wondered if it was mainly the barista, but when we came back the next day with a different barista, the coffee was just as great. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Best Coffee Shop in Sedona”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Heart of Sedona is my favorite coffee shop/hangout in Sedona. I am a Sedona local. Sometimes I go with my laptop to do work there, sometimes to meet with a client or socialize with friends. The atmosphere, coffee, and bakery items are all excellent and having their sister restaurant, Pita Fresh Mediterranean Cuisine right next door is great if you are there at lunch or dinner time.

• Visited September 2012