“Incredible ”
Review of The Hike House

The Hike House
Ranked #7 of 118 Shopping in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hike House is Sedona's Premier Hiking Store. The store provides a unique technology that helps you find the perfect trail in Sedona (over 100 trails), Footwear, Gear, Guided Adventures and Energy Cafe (smoothies, cookies, trail mix station and coffee)
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This place was brilliant. My fiancé and I almost called it from Grand Canyon for more advice. So friendly. Went there twice during a 5-day holiday in Arizona. We would've gone a third but we worried we'd look like groupies. Also got great water sandals and trail mix.

1  Thank caropvt

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Amazing. Jason and the people at hike house made our trip! We arrived in Phoenix planning to hike the Grand Canyon but without much more prep. than that in the busiest season. Jason totally took care of us ensured that we not only got to do one of the most astonishing hikes of our lives (and we've done some nice hikes) but also took care of us for a lovely off trail hike in sedona. They were unpatronising and unswervingly helpful. We owe them our holiday. Thanks hike house!
P.s. I never bother to write review but in this case had to it was so good.

1  Thank jvantulleken
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Was very disappointed in our initial visit to the Hike House. This was our first trip to the area, and were looking forward to utilizing their free "computerized Sedona Trail Finder"....we were not even given the option. Instead we were rudely told about how the staff there doesn't even bother hiking less than 10 miles and how they go "off trail." Hmm. Additionally, I almost felt mocked when relaying our tale of our previous day's journey of the Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon (6 miles round trip). A subsequent visit proved to be much better with a very helpful and polite young woman.

2  Thank Brandy M
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am not a natural hiker but my husband and I thought that this time we would walk some trails. Now, I had packed trainers of excellent quality but was a little concerned they were slightly small. Well, the young man who served us was so knowledgable, he checked my trainers by making me remove the liner to find they were at least one size too small and too narrow. ( something the shop in Cambridge, England did not check) I was shown several suitable trainers and chose the most comfortable, he helped me with socks and we were off. Well we would have been if we hadn't seen the area across the hallway where maps and advice was given.....oh and the yummiest cookies you could wish for. Freshly cooked in many flavours. Well of course we had to refuel with coffee and a cookie each, buying another for later. You just have to try one, or two.

1  Thank carolmassey
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have shopped The Hike House on two different occasions during our visit this week, and what a pleasant experience! The team is well-informed, interested in helping, and knowledgable about the area. A delightful young man helped us select hiking pants that we liked so well we returned and bought more!

1  Thank Charlene A