“Memorable breakfast”

Ranked #43 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mesa Grill is a Southwestern Inspired Restaurant with "Altitude" overlooking Sedona Famous Red Rocks! Watch private planes and helicopters take off and land at the Sedona Airport while enjoying our fabulous hand-crafted food and cocktails. We are open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. We offer a full service bar, local beer and wine selection. Enjoy dining al'fresco from our scenic patio offering magnificent sunset view around the firepit. Private events and weddings welcome. Call us for details.
Saint George, Maine
“Memorable breakfast”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our first meal in Sedona, after driving in the dark up from Phoenix the night before. Great introduction to the area, with spectacular views, a very open, clean and 'cool' ambience, especially with the morning sun shining in. They had me at the coffee. (I used to own a chain of coffee shops, and am pretty finicky, especially since I can only drink decaf these days. So any place that serves good decaf automatically goes to the top of my charts.) The omlettes were good, but the home fries were right of a food service container. But this place set the tone for our week and I kept wanting to go back, but we also wanted to try other recommended breakfast spots. Still, it is the most memorable place we ate in all week, though the house salsa at Miley's was so good we ended up buying a container of it and taking it back to Maine with us.

New Concord, Kentucky
“MUST EAT in Sedona, AZ”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Do NOT be fooled by this restaurant's location. The Airport's Mesa Grill is a MUST EAT when visiting Sedona. The locals love this place - let that be your guide. And, spectacular views of the surrounding area from the airport built on a plateau. The breakfast is fabulous, and the professional service is always provided no matter the time or size of party. ENJOY!

• Visited October 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good breakfast - nice view”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the perfect breakfast spot when you stay at the Sky Ranch Lodge - just a skip a way. We enjoyed the morning walk here with coffee from our hotel in hand - they'd just too em off for us. The breakfast was fine - the usual fare - and our cute server couldn't have been more attentive. Watching the planes land is great too. We even strolled over to the airport and went for an impromptu flight - which is another review !

Aiken
“Good food”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our group had lunch at the Mesa Grill after our helicopter and jeep excursions. The food was served buffet style and was very good. The chips and salsa were outstanding. Service was very good also. The view is absolutely spectacular.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Third Time A Charm? Not So Much!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Okay. I've been here twice before for dinner as I usually stay within a short walk to the restaurant. Both times, the food and the service was so uneven I couldn't believe it. The first time, they were newly open and I gave them "grace" on that one. The waiter was the best part of that one. The second time, the food was again barely "okay"...I expected better, and the service "uncaring" at best. They have been open long enough now to get the kinks worked out and get it right. No so.
I was there on a Sunday evening and yes, it was a bit quiet, but there were at least a half dozen tables occupied. Wait staff was at a minimum. I'm still not seeing any excitement in the menu - nothing I have to have or will make me want to come back. I think Chef has settled in on the menu and that's the way it's gonna be. I had the trout and no amount of lemon butter sauce and over abundance of sliced almonds is going to revive the dryness of that fish. Same old vegetables - ho hum! I don't normally have dessert, but I had to have something to liven up my palette again. Oh yes, one of the earlier reviewers did mention the cappuccino being rather small and served in a stainless steel cup - yuk! PLEASE, don't let me review this place again! It doesn't deserve my attention.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Mesa Grill at Sedona Airport? Share your experiences!