“Good breakfast - nice view”

Mesa Grill at Sedona Airport
Ranked #42 of 196 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mesa Grill is a Southwestern Inspired Restaurant with "Altitude" overlooking Sedona Famous Red Rocks! Watch private planes and helicopters take off and land at the Sedona Airport while enjoying our fabulous hand-crafted food and cocktails. We are open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. We offer a full service bar, local beer and wine selection. Enjoy dining al'fresco from our scenic patio offering magnificent sunset view around the firepit. Private events and weddings welcome. Call us for details.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good breakfast - nice view”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the perfect breakfast spot when you stay at the Sky Ranch Lodge - just a skip a way. We enjoyed the morning walk here with coffee from our hotel in hand - they'd just too em off for us. The breakfast was fine - the usual fare - and our cute server couldn't have been more attentive. Watching the planes land is great too. We even strolled over to the airport and went for an impromptu flight - which is another review !

Aiken
“Good food”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our group had lunch at the Mesa Grill after our helicopter and jeep excursions. The food was served buffet style and was very good. The chips and salsa were outstanding. Service was very good also. The view is absolutely spectacular.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Third Time A Charm? Not So Much!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Okay. I've been here twice before for dinner as I usually stay within a short walk to the restaurant. Both times, the food and the service was so uneven I couldn't believe it. The first time, they were newly open and I gave them "grace" on that one. The waiter was the best part of that one. The second time, the food was again barely "okay"...I expected better, and the service "uncaring" at best. They have been open long enough now to get the kinks worked out and get it right. No so.
I was there on a Sunday evening and yes, it was a bit quiet, but there were at least a half dozen tables occupied. Wait staff was at a minimum. I'm still not seeing any excitement in the menu - nothing I have to have or will make me want to come back. I think Chef has settled in on the menu and that's the way it's gonna be. I had the trout and no amount of lemon butter sauce and over abundance of sliced almonds is going to revive the dryness of that fish. Same old vegetables - ho hum! I don't normally have dessert, but I had to have something to liven up my palette again. Oh yes, one of the earlier reviewers did mention the cappuccino being rather small and served in a stainless steel cup - yuk! PLEASE, don't let me review this place again! It doesn't deserve my attention.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“disappointed”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We love Sedona, and just about every place we have eaten over 6 different trips. Mesa Grill was recommended by our B & B and we were eager to try it with good friends making their first trip to Red Rock country. We had reservations for 4, arrived 10 minutes early and noticed immediately an open 4 top. The seating host, who seemed to be frantic advised us to step into the bar area. We had to stand as its a small area and 10 minutes later he told us we were in the way. After a 30 min wait, he finally seated us at the open 4 top. The waiter was good, however the food mediocre and cold and each of us ordered something different. The only thing we could think of was that we caught the Mesa Grill on an off night. To many other great places to go, Elote, Cowboy Club, Barking Frog, to name just a few. . . . .this was our only real dining disappointment in all of our trips to Sedona.

• Visited October 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Wow! What a delicious dinner and view”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I had dinner there this evening (Nov 1) and it was absolutely one of the best meals we have had in a long time. They are having a special for the month of November -- $25 for two 6oz lobster tails that melt in your mouth. This is waaay better than the Red Lobster! My husband had the 10 oz prime rib, done to perfection for $30, available only Fri/.Sat. Get there about 15 min before sunset. We made a reservation for 5:15 and had a window table. Good views of the runway and the sunset. Service was great, too. Look for a $5 off coupon in the various local brochures. Don't miss this one.

Visited November 2013

Been to Mesa Grill at Sedona Airport? Share your experiences!