“A Great Place To Eat”

Ranked #44 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mesa Grill is a Southwestern Inspired Restaurant with "Altitude" overlooking Sedona Famous Red Rocks! Watch private planes and helicopters take off and land at the Sedona Airport while enjoying our fabulous hand-crafted food and cocktails. We are open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. We offer a full service bar, local beer and wine selection. Enjoy dining al'fresco from our scenic patio offering magnificent sunset view around the firepit. Private events and weddings welcome. Call us for details.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Sedona on Wednesday and asked where was a good place to eat and Chris at the visitors booth suggested the MESA GRILL. We went there and it is more upscaled from the ordinary lunch place and the food was excellent. The menu is not huge, but sufficient. I had the Chicken Wrap ( which was not an ordinary wrap) & Oscar had the Eggplant dish. We were both on the "I would order it again". Service was GREAT & the Scenery was gorgeous and you got to watch the planes and helicopters come in and take off.
Would go there again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had been seeing alot of advertising for their "Happy Hour" and thought we would give it a try. When we walked in at 4:00 - we were told that only seats at the bar would be available for "Happy Hour". There are only 8 seats at the bar and the restaurant was empty but for two tables. We were willing however to sit at the bar. The drinks and tapas were just fine but the service was horrible. It was not like they were busy - just couldn't be bothered

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We dined here tonight - made a reservation in person early in the afternoon. When we arrived, the reservation wasn't in the book (although we had seen her write it in the book) but still got a nice table with excellent views. The restaurant is about 1-1/2 years old, contemporary style with dark wood tables. We were seated near the large window so had an excellent view east, south, and southwest of the mesas, etc. in the Sedona area. Were able to see the effects of a nice sunset on the various rock formations. Service was very good. My husband said the trout was the freshest trout he'd had in many years. My chicken, mango, and avocado entree salad was wonderful - hot chicken and everything else cold, with a raspberry vinaigrette. Nice bottle of Argentinian Malbec. Good value, excellent service. nice atmosphere, esp. after the sun went down. We'll definitely dine here again when we return to Sedona. (This was our first trip to Sedona but it definitely won't be our last.)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate here for dinner & happened to come in right before they got busy so there was no wait. The view is lovely, we were there right before sunset so it was all very pretty with the red rocks, etc. I'd have to say the service was so-so, not horrible but not amazing either...we had to ask for our drinks we ordered after the waitress apparently forgot about them, had to ask for salt at our table...food was average, good but not great.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

So you would think that a restaurant recommended by your resort would at least meet your expectations. Not so! My wife, her parents and I went there last week for dinner while vacationing in Sedona. We were told of these beautiful views and the excellent food this establishment offers. Sedona as a whole is a feast for the eyes with the red rock formations.

This restaurant is located on top of a at the airport next to the runway in Sedona, Arizona. When we pulled up to the restaurant, it did not give me the impression of an upscale eatery. It looked like a converted diner. I should have gone on my first impression...It does have views of the mountains, but is a limited view as it sits on a Mesa and what you see most of is the airport tarmac and the tops of the surrounding mountains. The restaurant itself is ok, but for the prices I expected more. I would like to preface my review that my wife and I are very simple people with simple tastes, we rarely complain well enough write a review and we don't typically eat in upscale restaurants, but when we are on vacation I don't mind paying a bit more to dine at places we typically would not go to.

So here goes...My wife ordered the $18.25 Spinach Salad with Grilled Salmon, her main complaint was the salad had no taste even with the citrus vinaigrette. She tried to make it better with another vinaigrette, but even that didn't help.

I ordered the $13.95 Buffalo Burger cooked medium. When it arrived I saw a bun that was almost 1-1/2 times the size of the burger. First thought that came to mind was the old Wendy's commercial "Where's the Beef?" The burger honestly looked like it came from one of the pre-pattied burgers you get at Wal-Mart. They say it was a half pound burger, but I would argue it was less than half of that. The burger was barely a quarter inch thick and it arrived cooked medium well, it's virtually impossible to cook a burger that thin to a specific doneness. When they called it "mean and lean" they weren't kidding!

I don't mind at all paying more for good food, especially on vacation but in this case we were both very disappointed. To top off the night, we also had a VIP card from our resort that offered us a free dessert with this restaurant. The waitress told us that it was one dessert per table. I found out when we returned to our resort it was one dessert per couple and there was another couple with us. This VIP card is used with multiple resorts, so you would think the management would know how their own offers work!

In total fairness, we did not complain to the management in this case to make things right, the other couple with us did enjoy their meals, but out of all the establishments we ate at during our week long stay, this was the only restaurant we had any issues with.

For a restaurant that charges nearly $30 for every steak and calls their burgers "gourmet" they have a long way to go. We do not plan on a return visit to the Mesa Grill, but do plan on a return visit to Sedona!

Been to Mesa Grill at Sedona Airport? Share your experiences!