Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,116 results
All reviews time share sunset suite sales pitch mesa suite full kitchen timeshare presentation pools and hot tubs red rocks one bedroom unit washer and dryer hard sell adult pool welcome package concierge desk free gift high pressure living room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All the workers were great. However, internet and phone service was practically non-existent (a common problem for the Sedona area), but more could be done. Even the employees admit that. The internet at the business center, which is hard wired and doesn't require wifi, was spotty. HVAC worked intermittently and was loud (this was in the colder month of Jan where we needed the heating). Appliances and furniture were dated and some not working as you would hope. The freezer on top of refrigerator would close properly due to improper alignment with the unit space. Maintenance had to reset the television for several units due to loss connections.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Diamond R, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it is appreciated. -GP

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Our first impression of the Sedona Summit Resort was a pleasant surprise. We had a warning e-mail that there would be no internet and construction but we didn't experience either of those problems. The cleanliness was immaculate. There were a few maintenance issues and I wondered if no one else had reported them or if they had and just weren't being done. None of them could be fixed during our 4 night stay.

We loved the area and check in staff were wonderful. We checked in late after a long drive leaving Vegas at 3am to Antelope Canyon to the Grand Canyon and finally to Sedona that evening.

The big problem we had was the morning following check-in, when the phone rang in every room at 9:15 am, when we had planned to sleep in after a 2 hour sleep the night before. I answered it groggily, and it was the Concierge offering a welcome package including 50% off tours. I imagined some kind of coupon book. I was annoyed but thought he probably wanted to catch us before we started our day in case he could save us money on our existing plans. I noticed there were messages left on the phone and listened to them. It was the Concierge calling each visitor who checked in after the Concierge was closed, offering the same welcome package. But when I went to the Concierge, there was no "welcome package". We had to say an activity and then they would tell us a price, and the price was only discounted if you spent 2 hours of your time attending a sales pitch for their Club membership. When I realized I had been woken up early to be sold to, and that they had nothing to offer me to genuinely help us out on our trip, I was livid.

The housekeepers really made our stay as good as it was. We were so pleased with the cleanliness and re-supply of amenities. When we took trash out, staff were there immediately to take it away.

But that morning telephone sales pitch after a late check in really soured my taste for Diamond Resorts in general. If you stay here and check in after the Concierge is closed, unplug your phones so you're not awoken to an unwelcome sales pitch the next morning!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 530jq
Diamond R, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We also appreciate your constructive feedback, we will keep your comments in mind as we work on improvements. Thank you. -GP

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We exchanged our time share through intervals to stay here and we were not disappointed. We booked a 2 room condo which turned out to be a 1 BR with attached studio. The kids stayed in the studio so my wife and I had plenty of privacy. Our room (209) was located near the main pool and recreation room. There was also a BBQ and hammocks outside our room so everything was convenient for us. The complex was quiet and I am sure that is because it was off season and the hotel wasn't full. When we checked in the concierge did try to talk us into a sales meeting and offered a discount on pink jeeps if we went. We politely declined and they left us alone the rest of the week. One thing to note is that the hotel is on the western end of Sedona so most of the attractions and shopping are 5-15 minutes away. The closest attraction to the hotel is Red Rock State Park which is worth visiting. Our room had a full kitchen so we bought groceries and avoided the high cost of dining in Sedona. If we return to Sedona we will definitely return to Sedona Summit, we had a great stay.

2  Thank 645davidd645
Diamond R, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

We always aim to provide our guests with exceptional and memorable stays, so we're glad to hear you had a great time. We hope to see you again in the future! -GP

Reviewed January 9, 2020

The only reason i gave it 2 stars vs the 1 is because this place makes sense if you are traveling with a family and want a proper kitchen to cook all your meals. Otherwise the family next door were so loud and the walls and doors so thin I might as well have been joining them on vacation. Also they don't clean the rooms unless you have been there for 3 days, so this is better for a longer stay. HOWEVER the shower was disgusting, there were water flies and strands of the former guests pubic hair next to the handle that i didn't take a shower. I only stayed one night and so happy to get out of there. The Marriott Courtyard is across the street and now I wish I stayed there instead. BEWARE

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank S K
Diamond R, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Please don't hesitate in making our team aware of any noise or cleanliness issues during your stay. We always appreciate the opportunity to assist our guests and remedy any concerns. -GP

Reviewed January 6, 2020

we stayed in the Mesa suite M126. it was beautiful. It was a suite.that had 2 flat screen tv's, a fireplace, kingsize bed, fridge, stove, island, garborator, washer and dryer, and it was equipped with diahes, towels, dish soap, laundry soap, etc. we had a 360 of the mountains and the hot tob was right below our suite(outdoors). loved our time at the Sedona Summit. sedona is beautiful.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Diamond R, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thank you for your kind words. We hope you return to Sedona for a 2nd visit soon. -GP