“Great Stay”

Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Stay”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Just came back from a week in Sedona and really enjoyed our stay. Yes we were in a new room and it was very nice. I must say though because we stayed very busy for the whole week we were mainly there only in the evenings. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful to us. We did get the word about their sales pitch and we did go. We also were told 90 minutes and it was more like 2 hours. No we didn't buy but I felt the whole time if I really wanted to get up and go it was certainly my choice. They gave us a jeep tour for setting through the presentation. Bottom line I would stay there again, it was a good time with nice people.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ret1sg82abn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
NoVA
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Just returned from 2nd trip to Sedona, AZ. Have stayed at the Sedona Summit Resort both times. We are with Diamond Resorts and have used a portion of our points to stay for 1 week both times. We were in the Studio Mesa Suite and have enjoyed it as a place that is clean, up to date with nice views of West Sedona. Both times our room balconies did not give us great views, but we are active and went out to climb the red rocks ourselves. Here are some of our activities: Hot air ballooning with Northern Lights, day trips to see the south rim of the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Mount Humphreys (12,300 feet), Flagstaff (Rt. 66), Montezuma's Castle, Tuzigoot ruins, Bar - V - Bar ranch with petroglyphs, town of Jerome (Haunted Hamburger restaurant) and an old volcano site north of Flagstaff. There were many hikes around Sedona with spectacular views of the red rocks.
Great restaurants include: Cowboy Club, Picazzo pizza, SHUGRUES HILLSIDE GRILL, Cafe Jose and Miz Zips (Flagstaff).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vision2travel
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2009

That was my first impression. We traded in a 2 bedroom with Interval for this resort. Upon check in, they really drill you with the timeshare sales pitch...relentlessly. We said no, and you really hate to get nasty but, they just kept up with it. We did decide to go to it. We went the day we checked in, it was raining, so we thought why not, promised 90 minutes, it was well over 2 hours. So if you decide to do this, be prepared.

This place is under construction, we were given a room right next to the construction and ours must have been next in line. It was in the back of the resort, very dark in the room. The room was filthy. The couch was torn on the arm, the carpet was dirty and disusting. The TV's were small, some of the light bulbs were out. What a terrible way to start a vacation.

I went that evening and requested a change of rooms and they were able to change us the next morning. I wasn't going to let this spoil our trip, but I can say this was the worse place we have ever stayed. I'm sure the renovated rooms are lovely. The rooms they showed us on the tour was lovely. I'm not sure why they would even put people in the other rooms.

When you read these reviews, just remember that some of these people did stay in the newer rooms, big screen TV's, granite countertops, clean. Not everyone gets these rooms.

The location for us was nice, away from the main drag in Sedona, easy to drive to. Right across the street from the Red Rock Loop, beautiful drive. This was a plus for the resort.

1 Thank vamom7678
Louisville, KY
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We accidentally stayed here again as an exchange through II from DVC. We had stayed here about 5 years ago via my parent's time share. I just don't like to stay at the same place twice, thus time share people.
Anyhow, we stopped to get a map before going to the hotel and I managed to get talked into going to the time share presentation for a $50 gc to Savannah's (awesome steaks, see review) before we even got to the summit!
At check in it was very speedy since I had already arranged the "tour". I asked for a renovated room and was told that none were available.
We got to our room, 1 br in building 7 and it was identical in every way to the room in building 5 that we had stayed in 5 years ago. Nice, but very dated. Everything was clean and available. No complaints.
We attended the 90 min presentation, politely said no and were given our gift cert. I wouldn't waste my time again even for the gc. Too much pressure and talking at us.
All in all the resort is nice.Good location, clean, etc. They have a lot of activities that would be good for kids or older folks. Once all buildings have been renovated, it will be gorgeous!

1 Thank peekacho_2000
United States
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Poor Customer Service- Ana S. ,standing at the front deck, was not any help when asked about area activities. She could have pointed us to the area where I could get the information would have helped; if she was to busy to aid a guest. My husband suggested that her rudeness was do to us not doing a time share. Also at check in we were not given a parking permit.
The resort is lovely. We stayed in one bedroom with a view of mountains. The room is not huge but large enough for a couple. Downtown Sedona has great shopping and dining. Also take the Safari Jeep Tour; the tour guides are very informative.
I will recommend this resort if customer service is not important to you.

Corona, CA
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Warm, cheerful staff greet you when you check in and offer vacation services at a convenient desk. Got a great 1 bedroom condo with a spectacular view of the red rocks of Sedona. Will come back again but make sure you call ahead to see what rooms are available before you book not all of them face the rocks.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Lee H
temecula, ca
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Definately not impressed. Stayed in the one bedroom - carpet, furniture, bathroom floor all felt very dirty. Never took our socks off and had to put towels over the couch to sit down. Very few ammenities and nothing worked...... toaster, coffee maker, microwave and oven all broken. The staff is only interested in pitching you a time share. Why would anyone buy a timeshare at this place??? The activities going on in the main lobby were a joke. Tried to use one the two computers supplied to guests in the lobby and had to wait thru a line of people for 30 minutes. This place was really off the main path and you had to drive 10 minutes to get a donut or newspaper. The last time I stayed in Sedona, I stayed at the Best Western in town and it was a much better experience for about the same price.

6 Thank memmt