“Last minute choice and it paid off!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona Summit Resort

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
CHICAGO
“Last minute choice and it paid off!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went to Sedona with no hotel plans because my in-laws had it in their head to drive around town looking for prices. I know, it sounds redonkulous! And it was, we appeased them for 1 hour which was a waste but my husband jumped on line and booked this place from Orbitz. When we showed up they were all booked and had no room available. We showed them that we just place this purchase and they made calls and made it happen and got our room available for us.

When first walking in we were all taking back and amazed on how comforting the room was. We were pleased with the decor and homely feel.

Our rooms were gorgeous. The beds and pillows on the other hand were extremely uncomfortable. My hips ached through out the night and I heard the same complaint from my in-laws.

The following morning I went to the office to talk to the concierge to find out our options about jeep tours. 1) the concierge is RUDE 2) She made us wait. wait and wait some more. She could have easily taken 30 seconds of her time to even hear us out. It couldn't have been just a yes or no answer. But she leisurely talked on the phone looking into to something opposed to thanking the person and letting them go after getting what she wanted. Than she went to the person who had been waiting also and made us wait some more. When I was about to walk away and just do the foot myself in my room with the slow wi-fi. But I didnt care, she was annoying me. But she saw us about to walk away and asked us to wait a little bit longer. UGH!
3) Once she finally talked to us and saw what she wanted she would only help us with what options the resort would offer. Fine, understood. But any direction I went with her she didnt comply. So I felt I was wasting my time even more. And I did. I do have to note, I was in the lobby the following morning and another concierge was there and she seemed very helpful. So one bad seed.

Enjoyed the outdoor pool on a very brisk morning but the jacuzzi on a cold morning felt so good with a beauty of the the mountains in the background. Absolutely loved this moment. My husband was in the jacuzzi the night before in the dark with the stars shinning so bright, the fire place on by the pool. It was a view to take in he said.

They also had outdoor grills, which were top of the line. We bought steaks and grilled them outdoors and I noted to self when I move I must get a grill like this. Makes life simpler and food better!

And once again, my husband and I left our sons beloved Ejore stuffed animal in the room at the hotel on check out and didnt notice until the day after. No one called us but thank god we noticed before leaving town and went back for it. We did get a call like 5 days later I believe but we already had him back. :)

All in all, yes I would absolutely return back to this resort. Great stay, BUT I might look into another resort depending on what they offered due to a more comfortable bed. A good night sleep is just as important to me as a good hotel to stay at.

I will post pictures later when I upload from my phone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank orca106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to Sedona Summit and whilst we are always made most welcome it would be nice if it was noted somewhere that we have visited before, to save the usual "is this your first visit?"
We always enjoy our stay and we had wonderful weather for all but the last day 26th Sept.
The only problems we had were the lack of jacuzzi for four days, and a lack of internet. Yes it was provided, but even after maintenance came out three times nothing improved. Maybe it will be upgraded and fully functioning by the next time we visit. Still had a wonderful time and will go back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay here with us, however we are relieved to know that this has not influenced the quality of your stay and you enjoyed all that our resort and the area have to offer. We do hope to see you again in the future!
Bay City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Sedona Summit for 7 days the end of September...Two bedroom rooms were very accommodating. Clean, well suited for two couples. We stayed in building 22 which had a great view. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Everything you need is there. We found a "old" time bar called Sundowner where the local bartender gave us all the information we needed for an added bonus....What a great place to stay. Hiking, walking, beautiful red rock all around. Wonderful trip

Room Tip: rooms 20 to 30 are suppose to have the best view but you really aren't in your room much because...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We came to Sedona with our friends who are Diamond Resort owners. We stayed from September 19 thru September 23 2013. We loved our two bedroom accommodations. They were spacious, clean, up-to-date, quiet, convenient, well decorated and ours had two lovely patio's. It's location to down town Sedona was also very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Setting up excursions was very easy also. I would go back without hesitation. You won't be sorry that you stayed here!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with a view. You'll love it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mats31
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are delighted to read that our devotion to providing excellent service and quality of accommodation has won us your favour and we are happy to know that you will consider staying with us in the future. We hope you will not let us wait too long before seeing you again. Until then, however we wish you safe travels!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This resort is on the West Side of Sedona and is very near hiking trails, many restaurants (about a mile), and great views. This is a mostly condos resort that has some great pools, very nice full kitchens and great outdoor grills and grilling areas. It doesn't have room service or onsite food, so plan your trip to grocery store or check out some of the local restaurants, which are quite good. Being that it is a condo property it has a little less resort feel and more living area feel to the place. I would definitely stay there again as the rooms were very large.

Room Tip: You will definitely want to make sure to try to get a north facing room. The views are great in all...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Sedona Summit was everything we hoped it would be with our vacation club, Global Connections, through Diamond Resorts. We had a double suite that was well appointed, clean and very spacious. Great views surrounding the resort and the staff was very accommodating. We had taken a road trip from Texas so we had our own car which made getting around to the gorgeous Red Rock areas, uptown and some lovely restaurants very convenient. We took a road trip to the Grand Canyon from Sedona which was awesome and watched the sun set at Hopi Point - not to be missed! However, we thoroughly enjoyed all of the vistas of the red rocks in Sedona as well. We took a short trip into Cottonwood - a quaint little town less than a half hour down the road and visited several of the Arizona Wineries which made for a lovely day. Don't miss out on going to Tlaquepaque - a little Spanish Village near town. Great photo ops every where we turned in Sedona. Peaceful and serene! Lots of hiking/picnicking opportunities too. It would have been nice if there had been food/beverage service at the resort, but we made good use of the well equipped kitchen and prepared several meals on our own so we could splurge on some lovely dinners out. We always had our own wine/snacks, etc. to take out by the pool/spa to enjoy & they never minded. Our absolute favorite restaurant was L'Auberge which has to be one of the most picturesque, great service and fantastic food restaurants in Sedona. Our last night we went to the vista at Mesa Airport at sunset which made for some spectacular pictures and then ate at the Mesa Grill. Try for their Lobster Special night (usually Thurs., but you have to mention it or they don't offer it!) - $22 for 12 oz of very delicious lobster! I would go back to Sedona and stay at the Sedona Summit all over again. Very, very wonderful trip!

Room Tip: I can't imagine they have a bad room. The resort was so well maintained. It's not possible...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HappyRetireTravelers
Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you had a lovely time at the Sedona Summit and we feel sure that the information and advice you have provided will be greatly appreciated by our other visitors. We really hope that you will get the opportunity to come back here for another visit – we would love to see you again!
Jamestown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Sedona and it won’t be our last. Sedona is relaxing and beautiful. My wife and I arrived on Saturday September 14th for a week-long stay. Check-in was a breeze, even with a stop off at the concierge for our VIP discount card as well as setting up a tentative time for our 90 minute resort presentation. (I’ll get back to this in a minute).
We stayed in a studio which was clean and larger than other studios we’ve stayed in. It had a partial kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, countertop stove and sink. We requested maintenance twice and both times they were prompt and friendly.
On Sunday we booked a trip through the concierge for a Sedona overview and received a nice discount. The trip was excellent; it was supposed to be apx 2 hours but lasted closer to 4hrs. Our guide Al was very informative and friendly.
Monday was our big trip to the Grand Canyon which we had booked on our own prior to arriving with Great West Adventure Co. It was amazing Dave our guide picked us up at the resort was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We did the sunset tour, it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.
We rented a car (you’ll definitely need on) and the remainder of the week we explored Sedona, Jerome and Cottonwood. There are also many wineries in the area the closest being on Page Springs Rd about 10 min from the resort. While in Sedona you have to go to the Coffee Pot for breakfast and the Oak Creek Brewery in Uptown Sedona. Also the Open Range Grill and the Sedona Pizza Co. were excellent.
Overall our stay at Sedona Summit was excellent. The staff is friendly and courteous and the location is perfect. The Red Rock views are amazing. We will definitely return.
Okay back to the 90 minute presentation, originally scheduled for Thursday morning at 9am we had a message saying there was a problem with 9am could we do 12 noon and for our inconvenience in addition to the $75 gift card for going they would also give us a 3 day 2 night stay at one of the resorts. So we decided to go. As with most of these types of “presentations” we arrived with the intention of listening to their sales pitch, getting our gift and leaving, but I have to admit our rep (Dan Fix) was not only a low pressured, friendly guy, but was very knowledgeable of the product and as my wife and I looked at the way we vacation, this started to make sense, not only in reference to the many varied options of vacations to take but most important it would be more cost effective. Any way we wound up with a great deal and we’re happy to say we are Diamond Resort owners. (No I don’t work for them, haha)
We highly recommend Sedona Summit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple