“Nice time share condo in Sedona” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona Summit Resort

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Warrenville, Illinois
“Nice time share condo in Sedona”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a lovely time share condo in Sedona. The location is perfect, just away from the central area, but close to everything. The accommodations were very nice. Very spacious bathrooms. The pools were wonderful and numerous around the property. All of the buildings are two floors. There are no elevators so if you have a second floor condo you have to climb with all of your luggage. The gas fireplace in the units is a nice touch.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs make sure you are on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had very mixed feelings about staying here based on the reviews.

I am glad I went ahead and stayed anyway! This resort was perfect for us. As a family of 10, we really appreciated the big rooms with full kitchens and washer/dryers. We had 2 studios and 2 one bedrooms(Each connected to make a 2 bedroom lockout). The price was fantastic as we used Craig’s List and bought our weeks from Timeshare Owners. We paid less than they pay in maintenance!

Despite warnings that there was poor cellphone reception, we had great reception (we were in building 21). The kids loved the pools and we liked the privacy.

I had absolutely no issue with the front desk trying to get me to a timeshare talk. I told them that I was a timeshare owner who had to give away my timeshare as nobody wants to buy one! They were happy to let me walk away.

My only complaint is that the Wi-Fi was very pricey at 29.95 per week per device. With 10 people, we had at least 20 devices so we lived without!

Room Tip: Bldg. 21 had great cellphone reception and was just across from reception so it was easy to get extr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

A group of us travelled to Sedona to celebrate a landmark birthday and stayed in two 2 bedroom suites at Sedona Summit. This wasn't my first stay in Sedona but it was by far the best. The Summit is absolutely lovely. The suites are gorgeous, spacious and homey. It felt like somewhere I would like to live....or at least stay a bit longer. The lobby was inviting and the staff were completely attentive. We took advantage of the pools, hot tubs and grilling areas and even had a nice hike on the property to catch a beautiful Sedona sunrise,complete with hot air balloons. I will most definitely stay here again and would highly recommend The Sedona Summit Resort to everyone I know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hhevenly
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We are grateful for your kind words, thank you for sharing your appreciation and recommendation! We hope to have an opportunity to give you another warm welcome in the near future, until then we wish you safe travels!
Lunenburg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and Mom and Dad stayed here for a week the first of June! We each had a suite which suited us just fine as we did not spend too much time here except for an afternoon swim in one of the very clean pools. The area is just so spectacular that it's hard to find any fault with anything. The Summit looked after us very well and is located in West Sedona away from the hustle and bustle of Sedona proper. The rooms were spotless, the hot tub below the barbeque area was secluded and offered a great view!! We were not given any time share sales pitch whatsoever (we all appreciated that after reading some of the reviews). Our suites may have been recently renovated and were lovely with granite countertops and dishwasher in the kitchen area and a lovely tiled bath. All in all, a great stay!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HStoddard61
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about you and your family’s recent stay here at Sedona Summit. We were very pleased to read that our accommodations, amenities, customer service, and location exceeded your expectations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon!
Hockley, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I took a trip Arizona and stayed at the Sedona Summit. The one bedroom unit we stayed in was wonderful. The kitchen was beautiful. We did have to take a 90 minute timeshare tour. We barbecue to make hot wings and meet some wonderful people. The resort has all the comforts for a home away from home. It was close to downtown Sedona if you like shopping. If you have never been there I recommend you go at least once. Cross it off your vacation bucket list, as I tell my husband all the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pjhamm
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed there in April. Accommodations reasonable for the price given the area. However, soon after staying there I noticed I was charged twice for the damage deposit but only refunded once. Took more than two months to resolve with help from my credit card company required. Then, more than three months after my visit, a new charge shows up on my credit card.... Time to call the credit card company again. Very sketchy.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms are very dark (half basements).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank kateb2013
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sedona Summit. The deposit at the time of check-in is usually just a hold, not a charge. Once we release the hold, it is up to the bank to release the funds. Traditionally, debit cards take longer to refund then credit cards.

While we do allow our guests the opportunity to learn more about our product, these presentations are certainly not mandatory. We regret if you felt pressure to attend, and we will certainly ensure our team is aware of your feedback.

We’re truly sorry that refund was delayed, and that any charges to your account were not made clear at the time of check-out. We hope that everything has been straightened out; however, our team is always willing to assist if we can provide additional assistance.
Lake Forest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I thought the Mesa Studio had a view and we did not. The bath show was very unclean stained and unappealing. The unit did not have as they indicated. Getting ready for a wedding made it stressful as we had to call and wait over 20 minutes for one. The knives were so bad in kitchen that we could not cut even a tomato. The can opener was broken. We had a tiny balcony looking at the sidewalk. They were very unaccommodating and unwilling to change our room. I did see the 1 bedroom master suite and it looked better. Only about 1/4 of rooms had views.
Joyce C.