“Very nice 1 bedroom apartment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona Summit Resort

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
croatia
“Very nice 1 bedroom apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very pleasant one week stay. Slightly out of the main Sedona old town, but an easy drive. Spacious and great views from the second floor. Under renovation, but they are coping. Used our "points" for timeshare and would recommend.

Room Tip: Second floor and ask for a view/partial view room if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
Frederick, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Sedona Summit during Spring Break 2013. The resort is very nice and met our needs as a home base to see the Sedona area and the Grand Canyon.

The resort is located on the West end of town which was nice because it was away from the crowded uptown area. The office is under construction but didn't interfere with our stay. Each building has a pool and hot tub and most are family pools. The adult pool and hot tub are over by the main entrance which was just a short walk.

Our unit was very clean, well appointed and recently updated. We had no complaints with our unit.
Keep in mind that there is not a restaurant, bar, spa or other amenities at this "resort". Sedona Summit has a sister resort closer to town which has these amenities and can be used.

The staff was pleasant and very accommodating...other than the concierge. I always forget that we are staying at a timeshare. The concierge's main focus is to get guests to schedule a tour of the property and not so much to help guests with restaurant choices, activities, etc. As soon as we told the concierge that we were not interested, she wanted nothing more to do with us. Even if we were interested in buying a Diamond Resort timeshare, the concierge turned us off.

Overall the resort is nice, clean and centrally located. I would recommend the Sedona Summit as long as you don't want or need the other amenities that are normally offered at a "resort".

Wanamassa, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall I had a good experience with this vacation. A friend gave me their timeshare to use for a week. A week before I was to arrive I received a call from a Concierge, Diana explaining the lobby was under renovation and instructed me to meet her in another building across the street. She was friendly and helpful setting up my Hot Air Balloon ride and a Jeep Tour. Armed with her cell phone number and told to 'call any time'... I set off for my condo.

I was given a 'room with a view'... spectacular! The mountain was right outside my balcony. I could watch the sun rise and set. The rooms appeared to be clean. The kitchen was well appointed with top of the line appliances. The beds were comfy with soft, clean sheets. The resort is located just minutes from town and easy to get around.

The staff was friendly, plus I felt safe and comfortable at all times. The pools were clean and adequate. The grills were a nice touch.

Now for the cons... The infinity hot tub is located in the shade from early afternoon on. My unit faced north and I felt like I was living in a cave without enough light most of the time. The bathroom lights annoyed me the most... LEDs take a few moments to brighten up... but since that is the only mirror in the unit just taking a quick glance before going out for the evening took too long. A full length mirror would be a nice addition. The bathtub jets didn't work... which I found out AFTER I filled the tub and got in... and the nice walk in shower needed a deep tile cleaning as the grout was discolored in many places. The sprinkler unit in the bedroom looked more like a poorly installed video camera since it was missing the finishing ring, and one light in the bedroom (which by the way you could only turn the lights out by getting out of bed) was missing a piece that broke off and was never glued back on.

All that aside... the thing that bothered me most... was the fact I thought the unit needed a 'spring cleaning'. Every light switch was filthy, there was food smudge still on the dining table, the bathroom doors showed toothpaste and hairspray. Every corner of the rugs were covered with dust from where the vacuum doesn't reach. However... the thing that grossed me out the most was the condition of the lamps in the living room. They are glass bases in a wire cage... and haven't been cleaned or dusted since placed there!!! Gross!!

I am NOT a neat freak... and over all the day to day cleaning is fine. I just wish they deep cleaned the units every once in a while. Since the first thing you see on the TV is the CEO telling how clean they are... they even place a sign under the bed stating that YES, WE EVEN CLEAN UNDER THE BED... I was expecting so much more.

As far as the timeshare presentation goes... I can tell you they say it will only take 90 minutes of your time. Mine actually took 2 1/2 hours. That is the only bad thing I can say about it. Maggie showed me everything and sat and talked numbers. Once I realized this plan was not good for me she didn't try to strong arm me. She was still nice, pleasant, and friendly. Before I could leave I had to meet with Brandon from Marketing... I still was not interested... intrigued, but not interested. I was truly interested in the the whole timeshare 'thing'... and even though I decided against it I didn't feel it was a waste of my time.

Oh... last note... HBO is channel 83. No where is that posted and I had to call the front desk to ask.

Yes, I would stay there again... and recommend it to my friends. The lack of deep cleaning didn't ruin my vacation... it just showed this is an organization trying to do it's best... and falling just a bit short of it's mark.

I have stayed in another of their properties in Kissimmee Florida (Mystic Dunes) and didn't have the same issues. That place was beautiful... and clean!

Room Tip: Call a week before your visit and ask for a room with an 'inspiring view'. That way you not...
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Deb H
Carlsbad, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend with family that had a timeshare. It is a nice quiet community with a large hot tub and putt putt course but that is the extent of the "resort". The community is about 10 minutes from town and about 15 mins from downtown Sedona. Good for a family or 2 small families. The units we had were 2 bedroom with the 2nd bedroom in a separate building connected by a deck. Units are narrow and fairly small, no good place for more than about 5 people to gather comfortably. Good Value overall especially for a family on a budget.

1 Thank spicoli07
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thank you TA, you were on point with all advice given. Sedona Summit was a very nice resort. We stayed there April 2-4, 2013. We drove 2 hours to the Grand Canyon for a day and used the Sedona Summit as our home base. It is located about a 5 minute drive from the center of town. The room was excellent. We were in a Studio for $153 per night. There is a $20 per night city and state taxes fee. We are not time-share owners so we did not know what to expect. This had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Patio and dining room table also.Bathroom is spacious. The kitchen was excellent. A full size fridge and freezer. Cuisinart coffee maker, blender, toaster, microwave, 2 burners and a dish washer. All utensils and dishes were there. Bring your own coffee as they only give a one day supply. Housekeeping only comes after 3 days. You can ask for more of anything and they will bring it (towels, blankets, shampoo etc..) There are about 3-4 heated pools and jacuzzis around the property. They have a game area with ping pong, foodeball. Free coffee in the lobby and use of 2 computers. The staff are outstanding - hard working and pleasant. There are several BBQ's but we did not use them. The property is well maintained and clean. Very beautiful setting - ask for a view room so you can wake up and look at the scenery. Unfortunately, we did not get one of these rooms ( we booked late). As far as WIFI - our Verizon cell phones worked perfectly on the hotel grounds, AT&T has no reception at the Sedona Summit (per the other guests who were shocked to hear our Verizon phones ringing as they had no phone service with AT&T). There is no restaurant on property as everyone has kitchens. Tons of cool restaurants close by. Overall, you will not be dissapointed, a very lovely property with very nice rooms and outstanding employees. Yes - I would stay here again and yes I would reccommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view, away from pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marcia b
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

After reading some reviews, we were a bit worried about our stay, but we were really happy with everything. Our studio was a bottom floor location which always worries us for noise, but the unit was really quiet! Some balconies look onto the parking lot, ours had a patio a bit below the parking which was really nice and private. Yes, the units are not the brightest, but we got plenty of morning light. What was really exceptional was the kitchen. Nicely appointed for a studio (even a dishwasher). And, the resort supplies everything and will continue to replace what you need including towels, coffee, soap etc.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. First day with the hair-dryer our bath outlets were not working. Maintenance was at our door literally within 60 seconds! Problem fixed and we were on our way.

We did know about the lobby re-model, so check in was in a cramped building, but check in was efficient for us. Beware of the "free gift" in check in. They push you to do a timeshare tour to get a $75 visa card and a timeshare stay at one of their resorts. We politely declined, but that was the only pressure we got to tour the facility. Once you say "no", they move you out pretty quickly with no free gift at all.

Overall this is a good Sedona location (right off of 89A) and in a quiet part of town. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SkyHy
highland park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here last week for 3 nights and in no way would I consider this to be a resort! It is nothing more than a condo unit rental with no amenities.
The unit we stayed in was beautiful and looked as if it had been recently renovated. It had everything you could need in it from a washer and dryer to dishes and glasses. The bathroom was huge and had a jet tub and nice walk in shower.
It is a nice place but, we were looking for a resort not a rental unit.
There is no restaurant, room service or maid service on site. You have to clean your room, wash the dishes and take out the garbage before you check out or else they charge you.
The buildings are far apart and on both sides of a street in a sub-division. You either take a long walk to get the main lobby building or the pools, or drive your vehicle. There are nice grill areas between the scattered buildings if you want to bbq, but we were not looking to stay somewhere where we had to prepare our own food.
The staff upon check in is not very friendly, other than the concierge who is standing there trying to get you to their desk for your "free" welcome gift and to sign you up for a time share sale.
We got there about 1:00 which is 3 hours before check in to see if we could check in early, they told us our room was ready but a manager still had to check it before we could go to the room.When we asked for a room with a view the person checking us in laughed at us.
They took my phone number and told me they would call me as soon as the room was ready, I asked the gentleman how long that might be and he laughed and said it would be no later than 4:00, so from reading the other reviews we knew we wouldn't be called any time before 4:00, low and behold, we didn't even get a call. We had gone to town and when we got back at about 4:30, they were all confused and it took them 15 minutes to get a hold of someone to see if the room was ready.
Other than the check out we had no other interaction with any staff.
All in all, if the is a typical "resort" for Diamond, there is no way I would ever try them again!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles