Sedona Summit Resort
Courtyard Sedona(Sedona)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Sedona(Sedona)
1,852 results
All reviewstime sharesunset suitesales pitchmesa suitetimeshare presentationfull kitchenpools and hot tubsred rocksone bedroom unitadult poolwasher and dryerfree giftmid week cleaningliving roomhigh pressureparking passtimeshare exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife, son, and I stayed at the Sedona Summit Resort in one of their two bedroom "summit" rooms. Our room was next to the border of the property and we could easily walk out the back porch and do a small hike.

The room was amazing. The granite counter tops were a few levels above the basic granite counter tops. The appliances were all stainless steel and the doors were heavy wood ones.

The staff was very friendly and always eager to help.

The BBQ grills were viking grills. Top notch ones that produced enough heat to seer your meat if you wanted it.

They have an activities area that has ping pong, billiards, fooseball, shuttle board, and a few other games which was a nice way to spend a few hours.

Their weight room was clean and well stocked for a resort. You will not find every piece of equipment out there but good enough to work up a sweat.

I would say to research the area before going there. They did have a map with some of the common attractions, but it's always better to research things to do before going.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CasualTraveler001
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Summit was a nice place to call home while on vacation in Sedona. It's in West Sedona, away from the hustle and bustle of "uptown" but if you have a car and I'm asuming that most do when visiting, it's a short drive. We had requested a room with a view, however, our view was of the highway. Not noisy and in a newer unit, I can only suspect that this was because we said no to the tour when we got our "courtesy" confirmation call a few days before hand, lol. Oh well, we were just in the room to sleep as there is so much to do in Sedona. The only negatives about our room were the couch (dirty and extremely uncomfortable) and the pillows. Nice firm bed, however, the pillows were like cotton balls shoved into the case...awful! What's funny though is that they say you can buy these luxurious pillows. Despite this, as I said it was a nice place to call home during our stay. The staff is friendly, adult pool was quiet, the unit was clean. All in all a nice place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seminoleam
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After a few fabulously intense days in Las Vegas, my husband and I arrived at the Sedona Summit resort on an Interval International "Short Stay" exchange for six nights. We had opted to take a STUDIO unit at this well regarded resort, vs a larger unit at other resorts (wse were exchanging a 2/2)

Several weeks prior to arrival I contacted the resort with a request for a top floor unit (I am a very light sleeper and always hear footsteps above) with a view. Having read everything on T A I know to ask for Mesa or Sunset sections and expected to be assigned someplace in the back part of the resort. I did receive a nice reply from the resort saying they would try their best to accommodate the request.

I was somewhat surprised upon arrival (and a very efficient, punctual check in right at 4 pm.) to hear we were going to be assigned to Bldg 2 towards the front of the resort. The nice clerk explained that one of the requested sections was all one bedroom units, and the other two bedroom units and we were assigned to a Studio BUT it was top floor with a view. I had no complaints with the location once we checked it out. Yes, you could hear a bit of highway noise, but it was not bothersome. There was EASY access to a medium pool on the other side of the building (where the one bedroom units face ...the studios face the far north boundary of the property) and easy access to the club house, the fitness center and to parking.

We quickly developed a routine of morning coffee on the balcony looking north to the beautiful red rocks ...then going hiking, shopping , sightseeing, then returning for relaxation at the pool. Afterwards, time for an adult beverage on the balcony at happy hour.

The unit itself was a little tired looking which surprised me but I guess you could say it was cosy. Nice LARGE bathroom with big vanity. Sufficient kitchen for our minimal needs (toaster, microwave, coffee maker, sink, fridge). Since it faced north there was not a lot of natural light in the unit so maybe that influenced the overall look a bit. Still I would return there - definitely - and I do recommend this studio location (top floor bldg 2 .... bldg 1 would also be fine ...bldg 3 and higher are closer to the highway)

Room Tip: Always ask nicely for a view and let them know what is important for you (like a top floor was for me)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MEDISKIS
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Sedona Summit is a well run and lovely resort. Though not in the thick of things, it was a short drive from everywhere in Sedona. The one bedroom unit we stayed in was roomy and the ammenities were just what one would expect in a resort setting. My only real complaint is that the units' lighting is mediocre at best. The bedroom lighting was particularly bad and had I really needed to find something small in there it never would have happened.

Room Tip: Call the resort and ask which unit they would recommend for their favorite uncle!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank supes
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the Sedona Summit for a week, booking through our travel club, Global Discovery Vacations. Once again, we found our accommodations booked through them to be well above average. The line at check-in was long, and we settled in for a wait. However, the front desk staff was smooth and efficient, and we were on our way in just minutes. We did avoid the invitation to pick up a welcome packet at the “concierge”, as advised by TA reviewers. That’s where the timeshare pitch comes in. (By the way, we did receive a call at our home before our trip from a very polite young man inviting us to a Diamond presentation. But when I told him we weren’t interested as we were already members of Global, he very graciously said he wouldn’t bother us then. He wasn’t pushy at all.)

We had a one bedroom unit, and as suggested by TA reviewers, we requested a unit away from the road on the back of the property, which we did get. The view of the red rocks was, of course, spectacular, and we thoroughly enjoyed our early morning coffee on the deck every morning, watching the hot air balloons drift across the red rock backdrop.

The unit itself was very modern and nicely updated. The kitchen contained just about everything one could need, and it was spotless and neat. Good grief, even the utensils were lined up like little soldiers in the drawers! There were adequate matching place settings and a very nice set of cookware. The granite countertops and stainless appliances made for a topnotch kitchen. Stackable washer and dryer were housed in a small closet behind the front door, and plenty of supplies were available. Usually, at timeshares, one can expect a “startup kit” of one roll of paper towels, one roll of t.p. and one bottle of dish soap, laundry soap (maybe) and toiletries. At The Summit during the mid-week cleaning, I asked if I could buy additional laundry soap and they happily gave me as much as I needed and replenished the other supplies too. They use exclusively “green” products, so that may be why they provide more essentials than one would normally expect.

The living/dining area was also plenty large. We had four other family members staying in the area, and the six of us were completely comfortable gathering there for conversation and lunch.

The bedroom was plenty big, with a nice comfy bed and another view of those red rocks. Lots of storage space for our stuff, too - huge closet (with a safe), large dresser, big night stands.

The bathroom was huge, with a nice big tub and large separate shower. Plenty of towels were provided, including four giant pool towels. There were sufficient towels for the entire week, especially with the in-unit washer, dryer, but the mid-week cleaning found the old towels gone and nice fresh new ones in their place. The bathroom was immaculate upon our arrival, which is always a must if a property is going to get a five-star rating from me.

Granted, the mid-week cleaning, aside from replenishing towels and supplies and removing trash was a lick and a promise. But since many similar properties don’t even provide that, we didn’t expect more, and it was not a distraction from our delight with the place. I know how to swipe a dust cloth, and hubby is an expert at changing out trash bags!

What can I say about the pool facilities? Ah, that lone spa with a view was heaven. And it was apparently a secret! We visited three times, and we only saw one other couple there once. It was pure bliss to relax in the warm water and enjoy the view after a day of hiking or sightseeing. The spa and the area around it were impeccably clean and nicely landscaped. We also visited one of the family pools, which was also clean and inviting. Since it was late September, there weren’t any “families” in sight. There were several adult groups there each time, but there were sufficient very nice lounge chairs and chairs and tables with umbrellas to accommodate everyone.

We did have occasion to request maintenance. Upon our arrival, the thermostat was flashing the need for a new battery, and the sliders to the patio needed a squirt of WD-40. Both were satisfactorily and cheerfully rectified within minutes of our call.

Some TA reviewers complain about the location of Sedona Summit, but honestly, we loved it. That’s something we really like about all the Global properties we’ve visited so far. They are convenient to everything but far enough away to avoid the hustle, bustle and noise of a popular vacation spot. I find it to be an asset rather than a liability. It took us only minutes to get to the restaurants and shops or hiking trails, and the tranquility of the resort itself more than made up for the few minutes’ drive. Can you tell we liked the place?

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple