“Nice place with a great value”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Virginia
“Nice place with a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2007

I booked a Meza Suite through the property's website and received a very good deal. They are promoting book one night get one night free. I spent $172 for two nights including tax and other fee. If you could request the view in advance of the booking, you will even find get a better value.

The room is pretty but they are not first class. My pillow and bedsheet looked old but it is still acceptable. I got enough amenities in the suite and I liked their kitchen a lot. My suite was connected to a one-bedroom suite but i realized both doors were not locked. I called the guest service but they have never came! Also, you can hear everything the next door say.

The Spa is a signature. I haven't seen such a large hot tub with strong jet flow. The outdoor Spa closed to me is a great one. You can see the red rock creek easily. Even I went there in 40 degree, it is still nice to do it outdoor because the water is hot enough.

This is also a time share property. The concierge was not pushy. I also went to the time share presentation. While the salesperson keep mentioning the luxuariant vacation in this property. I couldn't agree with him as I won't consider staying in a room that hear next door's voice as a luxury experience. However, with the price that I pay, I definitely would say this is an excellent place to stay!

• Liked — The Hot Tub
  • Disliked — The nosiness of the room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank dordor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
Wareham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

We stayed at the Summit during our visit to Arizona. This was a great place. We had a 2 bdrm suite and the place was huge. The view from all rooms was spectular. Watching the sunrise over the Red Rocks is great, and not to be missed. The rooms were really clean and the front desk associates were really friendly. I wish we could have stayed the week. I hope to return and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — the views
  • Disliked — not staying long enough
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank LinAnnBish
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

Just got back after a week at this "resort" which is actually a timeshare condo complex. We knew that going in because we traded our week in Cabo through RCI for a place closer and cheaper to home. The resort is an easy 1 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix and there is a ton of cheap flights from LAX and even Long Beach (US Airways).
The one room that we were given was quite adequate for two people with a good size kitchen, living room with fake fireplace (leave the Duraflame at home), and a huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and a shower. The patio was nothing special although it did have two chairs and a small table to enjoy the limited view of the red rocks. There are really nice large plasma TVs in each room with a DVD/VCR in the living room.
The pools are nice and heated year round (we swam at night when it was cold and raining) and there's a huge jacuzzi with a nice view. Don't pass up a chance to BBQ on the great stainless steel grills.
Avoid the timeshare presentation unless you're really interested in buying.
There's a ton of outdoor activities to enjoy in Sedona just give yourself a day or two to acclimate if you're from a lower elevation as Sedona is at about 5000 ft. We would recommend this resort
to anyone without physical limitations as there a lot of walkways and stairs.

Stayed November 2007
5 Thank JohnM3
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

Sedona Summit is located in West Sedona away from the crowded uptown area. We stayed in building 27 which is one of the newer buildings. Our room was very nice! I could live there for a month. Customer service was pretty poor. When we checked in I noticed we were missing the coffee pot to the coffee maker. I called the front desk twice requesting a new pot but they never brought it. I finally went to the front desk and asked a 3rd time. They gave me an entire coffee maker, however, it was broken. I had to fix it myself. They also said they would send over some coffee filters, they never came. House keeping also forgot to replenish our shampoo. We had to resort to raiding the housekeeping closet for shampoo and coffee filters. Overall it was a nice place and I would come back

On a side note, the Concierge people are a little pushy. They want you to book trips through them so they can offer you a discount if you go to a time share presentation.

• Liked — Nice room, nice view
  • Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank jbizzle
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2007

We drove up to Sedona after a disappointing stay at the Orange Tree resort in Scottsdale. Traffic North out of the Phoenix area on I17 was dire, so we arrived in the red rock region after dark. We found the Summit without any problems. After a swift check-in we walked across to the Concierge desk. The service we received there from a lady called Dakota was the best I have ever experienced from a concierge. By the time we left her we had a dinner resrvation for that night, a reservation on a Pink Jeep tour and on the Verde Valley Railroad. She also marked up some maps with recommendations for the best place to see a sunset and various other bits of local knowledge.
Our one-room suite was extremely spacious , clean and well equipped. The kitchen was brilliant. The bedroom had plenty of storage, an inroom safe and a wonderfully comfortable king-sized bed. The bathroom was very well appointed and the jacuzzi bath worked a treat. There was a small balcony off the lounge which caught the morning sun perfectly for an outdoor breakfast.
We didn't use any of the pool areas but they seemed pleasant enough. The Recreation Center had a reasonable selection of DVDs for hire.
Highlights of our week in Sedona? Our first view of the rocks in daylight, a flyfishing trip on Oak Creek, the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour and the Verde Valley rail trip. We also spent a day going up to the Grand Canyon via the east entrance, taking time to do the Sunset Crater/Wuktapi side trip on the way. Very well worthwhile.
Sedona itself is commercialised but in a tasteful way, so that the overall impression stays very positive.

• Liked — Space and comfort
  • Disliked — No flat screen tv.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SPaPP
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

This place was heavenly. The timeshare was a wonderful newish one-bedroom with a view out back of the red rocks. I could hardly hear my neighbors as I think they must have used extra-thick insulation. Convenient washer/dryer in the room.

If you go, make sure you get a room with a view. There are many units that just overlook a parking lot or a swimming pool.

It was nice having a jacuzzi near my room. My only ding is that they should have built a bigger pool. The ones they have are quite small. The only other ding is the sales pressure from the club house to go on their tour. It made me afraid to go into the clubhouse, but that was where the Internet was. Their internet connection is incredibly slow (like dialup).

However, the timeshare itself cannot be beat. It is a little farther out of town in West Sedona, but you are away from the frenetic pace as well.

• Liked — The luxury of being in a deluxe timeshare.
  • Disliked — Pressure from clubhouse to go on a timeshare tour.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sukibot
southern cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2007

We rented this condo from an owner and it was just gorgeous!! He upgraded us to a deluxe unit right across from the registration. We had a 2 bedroom lock off and were very pleased. We had no trouble at all with hot water in the morning, it was always perfect. The condo had granite counters, stainless steel appliances, jacuzzi tub in the master, plasma TV's throughout. We were asked about the presentation after we checked in but we told them no and they didn't press the issue. We brought my elderly parents who stayed in the studio side of the condo and it was great for a family situation. Very quiet resort as well, I didn't hear a sound. I would totally recommend if you rent here, to ask for a deluxe unit. We had a new unit with new amenities and profesionally decorated. We had a view of the rocks as well from the back balcony.

• Liked — The condo was gorgeous
  • Disliked — The presentation at the beginning
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family