“thoroughly enjoyed the Sedona Real”

Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Illinois
“thoroughly enjoyed the Sedona Real”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here for one night on July 5th - en route from the Grand Canyon to Phoenix, and wanted to enjoy Sedona for a night. The Sedona Real standard rooms are HUGE!!! We loved the separate seating area & we all had plenty of room to stretch out. It was myself, my husband, and two boys - ages 11 & 9. The pool is a little small, but my kids enjoyed in nonetheless. Debbie at the concierge desk was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and sightseeing ideas as well. This resort is not super fancy or anything, but very clean. I would recommend it, and would stay here again. Our rate for one night was $107, which included breakfast. Great deal for what we got in my book!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BaseballFan5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed 3 nights at the Sedona Real and had a wonderful experience. The room was very comfortable and quite. I especially appreciate the quality of the mattress and quietness of the room that allowed me to get a very restful night's sleep. The room included free wifi, delicious complementary breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, bagels, waffles, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, etc.), refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, iron, flat screen TV and phone in the bathroom for good measure. The complementary breakfast was a wonderful and of very good quality and selection. Every one of the staff I spoke with was genuinely friendly and helpful during my stay - honestly, they could not have been better. I highly recommend the Sedona Real Inn and Suites.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We arrived at the Sedona Real after 3 days at the Grand Canyon. We had booked the hotel through Travelocity in March but had to make a change in April. The original reservation was canceled and then re-booked with our changes. We had a confirmation with the change but the hotel did not have us on their books. The staff was very accommodating under the circumstances. With our reservation, we had a free upgrade to a suite. Due to the mix up, there were no suites available the first night so we took the standard room and then they moved us to a suite overlooking the pool the next day. The suite was plenty of room for the 4 of us to spread out and be comfortable. The hotel was in the perfect location for us as our plans were to hike the red rocks and various trails in the area. There are plenty of great restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel. We particularly liked the Barking Frog. Our teenage girls loved the hotel, the pool and Sedona as a whole. We also enjoyed ourselves and the friendly staff and guests. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed at the Sedona Real on a vacation to the Grand Canyon and then spent a day in Sedona doing a sunrise hot-air balloon ride and Pink Jeep Tour. We booked the hotel with a free room upgrade. The check-in experience was outstanding. The reception person was very friendly and helpful and moved us up to a suite. They also made a good restaurant recommendation. - Keiser's (all you can eat Taco's on Tuesdays). (This was close to the hotel - welcome, since we checked in late in the evening and the food was good and not expensive.) All of the hotel staff were very friendly during our stay.

The room was spacious and very nice, with a large sitting area and extra sink. There was a balcony off of the bedroom. The furnishings were modern and in excellent shape. The hotel had an outdoor pool out front and an exercise room. There was also a buffet breakfast included, which was very good.

The hotel is located along Route 89A, so it is not in the uptown area. However, it is only a five minute drive south of the tourist area and there are plenty of stores nearby.

We had a very good experience at this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Sedona Real was pleasant. The property is very low key with little going on during the day and night. The room that we stayed in was a suite in building 1 and faced HWY 89. The mountain view is fairly nice (power lines obstruct view) , but the main issue is that it is very loud in the room from all of the traffic. You can hear everything. Otherwise, our room was a bit outdated. Carpets were not sticky, but definitely need a deep cleaning. My white socks turned black after only a few minutes of walking around in the room. Outside of the room, the property was well kept and clean. There's not much to do right by the Inn, but a short drive brings you to everything.
-This is not the place to go if you want a very lively place to stay.
-Median age is 50 by my guess
-Pool is decent, but on the small side
-Complimentary hot breakfast was adequate, but always the same.
-Staff was great
-Free WiFi throughout complex
-Parking good
Overall, would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was first hotel I stayed in while visiting Sedona. The service was friendly and accomodating. I requested a different yet comparable suite my first day there and they were happy to accomodate. The bed was very comfortable, ample blankets, the room was quiet and private, very clean and updated. I had a second floor suite with a private balcony, not a fantastic view, yet it did not overlook the street, which was made it feel very cozy. A delicious continental breakfast was served every morning, with a variety of breads, fresh fruits, and juices. I highly recommend taking advantage of this. The only disadvantage is the hotel isn't located within walking distance of the downtown, so you'll need to either have a car available or take advantage of the shuttle. I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to visit for a few days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

Finding a room in Sedona for three "older" girls who like their own bed and space was a trick. The Sedona Real worked for us for a five day stay. I slept on the pull out couch in the living room area which I could leave into a bed and the maid made it up each day. It was not as comfortable as the bed my friends had, and I did not get the double sheet treatment, but it was OK for 5 hours or so. My main complaint was that breakfast was not served until 7 o'clock. I was up at 5 and wanted to eat and hike, so this was a disadvantage for all of us actually. We made our reservations months in advance and I wish the women told us about the noise of the traffic, since we surely would have ask for a room in another building. Being on the couch, it was closest to me. But for the positive, West Sedona is a great area to stay. I have stayed downtown, and it is better in West Sedona. We could cross the street to a Vegetarian Restaurant and the library. Other fine restaurants were close by. Try the Barking Frog....very good!
Another major complaint I had with this hotel, which would prevent me from staying there again is that they had no computer. There is plenty of room in the lobby area for them to set up a computer, but none was available and I needed to walk over to the library to do a bit of business work which annoyed me. They rent you a laptop for a day, but I was not going to do that for a 10 minute check on a student's assignment. I have stayed over 45 nights this year in hotels and this is the first time I have not use of a business area computer.
The pool was fine, but way too much chlorine in the hot tub.
On the positive, the staff was very friendly and well trained. The breakfast was good and I liked the already made oatmeal.
Our room was about $184 a night for three which I guess is average maybe good for Sedona and a room with sitting area. From other reviews, I think if we had been in another building, and another suite, I would have given 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends