“Sedona a beauty”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Oslo, Norway
“Sedona a beauty”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A nice hotel in Sedona. Sedona is divided in two parts, so nice to have a car or take a taxi. A beautiful place, Sedona.
Friendly staff. Rent movies and get a free popcorn.

It was very hot when we were there in August. Fan coil (cooling) in the rooms were very noisy. Over 60 Db. Try Pizza across the street from the hotel, very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oyvind1234
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit! We have some great specials lined up for this winter. Look here on our TripAdvisor page if you want to try Sedona Real during the cozy season. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

There was a discrepancy in our arrival dates (I did not check the dates in my email) but the staff went far above what was expected by getting us in and keeping us in the same room. Also they have a very good breakfast!

1 Thank Sharon C
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback! We have a great team here and I appreciate you writing about the service you received. Come and see us again and let me know if I can ever be of assistance!
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2013

During our summer vacation we stayed 2 nights at the Sedona Real. The staff was very helpful, rooms were clean, beds very comfy and the breakfast was awesome. Becky did a great job keeping up with the food and was so pleasant to the guests. We truly enjoyed our stay there and we will definately stay again, when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the generous review with special mention of Becky! I will let her know she is appreciated. Before your next stay, be sure to call ahead so we can welcome you back!
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I gave this place an average rating because I don't think it ranks bad enough to be a "poor"...though we were completely disappointed.

The room was clean and did include a small fridge, which is something we always look for in a hotel. It was very small, however. We had a two queen room and it was very close quarters. The microwave and fridge are in the bathroom. The breakfast was good. It was listed as "continental" but actually was a full breakfast, self serve. The rooms do open to the outside, so there is traffic noise.

The disappointment was in the shower...and the staff's response to the problem. After a long day, my daughter, age 7, was in the shower which was merely a single stream of water, when the temperature of the water went from so-so warm to scalding hot. She screamed and was crying in pain....not wanting to get back in the water. We adjusted the temperature to cool down...making the water now cold. It warmed back up enough to get her back in to finish quickly...and she was scalded again.

The next morning, I took a cold shower...with the water handle all the way over to the "hot". It was at least warmer than the ice water that came out when it was turned the other direction. I tried to take a extremely quick shower since it was so cold...but not in time to be scalded with hot water myself.

The true disappointment was when telling the front desk staff upon check out, the employee offered to give a 15% discount the next time we stayed...which, she then added is the same discount we would get by being a repeat guest anyway. No apology. She did offer the suggestion that next time it happens we should call the front desk. I explained that when my 7-year-old daughter was crying in pain from being burned by scalding hot water, it wasn't really my first thought to call the front desk, but to comfort and care for my child. Again, no apology or asking if she was OK. There were also four people standing at the front desk at the time, all hearing the issue, and no one said anything. Being offered what we would receive with another stay anyway made us feel like we were just another guest and if we don't stay, someone else will. Our business is not worth it to them.

So to be honest, I will not stay here again unless there is nothing available at another hotel in the area. The price that I paid, despite the shower issue, really is not worth what we feel we received.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your important feedback. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us here at Sedona Real. I would like to investigate your stay in more detail if you would be so kind to reach out to me at your convenience. I can be reached at the phone number here on our TripAdvisor listing page. I apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience caused to you and hope for another opportunity to earn your loyalty. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nine of us college classmates had a "mini-reunion" here. The rooms were comfortably large enough for two, and in one case three. The breakfast had everything--sausage and eggs, 6 kinds of cold cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt, muffins, toast, etc. etc., in a nice big space. We enjoyed the swimming pool. The service was excellent.

My only very small suggestion would be that the hotel should put towel hooks in the bathroom. I would happily stay at the Sedona Real Inn again!

2 Thank Caroline H
Thank you for bringing your group to stay with us! I am happy to hear everyone felt comfortable and well served. We look forward to next year!
Nashua. NH
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Sedona Real and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, quiet and spacious, the views of Sedona's red rocks was spectacular, and the complimentary breakfast was a nice plus. It's a really great value. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dusni
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our first trip to Sedona and I feel fortunate to have discovered this hotel. We had a suite for our trio of ladies for two nights. Beds were comfortable, even the sofa bed! The front desk staff was exceptional - guided us to great shopping and a wonderful restaurant within walking distance. The concierge answered all our questions and was very helpful. The free breakfast is WAY above average, the rooms are lovely and clean, and I received a totally unexpected military discount. I am recommending this hotel to my sister and brother in law for a future trip, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Cecilia R
Thank you very much for the recommendations! It is a great compliment to our team. Feel free to reach out to me if I can assist you.