“Nice time”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Cumming, GA
“Nice time”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were so excited to be in Sedona. The hotel is located SW of the uptown area, about 3 miles. Lots of shops, restaurants and grocery stores close by. Very nice staff! Breakfast was good and they had a nice guest laundry room on property.

Debbie (I think?) at the concierges was WONDERFUL!!!! Very knowledgeable about the area. In addition to the tourist stuff - she helped me find a doctor for my kids. All four of our kids went down with the flu during our stay. Very grateful for her help.

Pool is very clean, but the picture on the website is deceiving - you can't see the mountains from the pool - just FYI.

Our room was a bit dark -but I think they design it that way because of the intense temperatures. Our room was huge - 2 queens with a pullout couch. Plenty of room for a family of six. We found the room to be very clean.

We ate at Relics next door both nights - it was fantastic.

1 Thank RoadWarrior0219
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are delighted your family enjoyed your stay with us, despite your kids getting the flu! I am glad we could be of service and proud of our team’s efforts. I look forward to sharing this with them at our next meeting. Come and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is in Sedona, but about 2-3 miles away from uptown Sedona. I stayed on my second day in Sedona here, to be on the same hotel with our friends. The hotel seem to have been remodel pretty recently. The rooms are not that spacious, Nice decor. Plenty of parking lot. Nice pool. Now the bad but bathroom area of the rooms is a little uncomfortable. Beds are not that comfortable, the carpet of our room needed to be cleaned. Stay on room 722. Breakfast seems decent, but I noticed 2 things that really was a turn off for me. They use cheap plastic reusable bowls. They reminded me the cheap plastic plates of boarding school when I was a child. Dirty plates have to be placed on trays set on the drawers of a big dresser. You need to open the drawers to put your dirty place in there. Not a nice view. Second, bread was kept on the bag, All the guests touching the bread to get a slice. It should be on a container with tongs so noone touches the bread. I love toasts with my eggs and I could not enjoy and have breakfast.
Hope management takes a look at how food is served and how dirty bowlss and utensils are put away by guests or think about all disposable plates, to give a clean look.

Room Tip: choose a room on the scond floor to avoid step noise on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and helpful feedback. I am taking your suggestions for our breakfast area under consideration. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed staying at the Sedona Real! We enjoyed our breakfast and the room is very spacious! We were a group of three and we each ended up getting a bed because the room had a sofa bed! You can rent DVDs that are 2.00 each plus you get popcorn. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave. I would only change the fact that room service came a little early when it was time to check out. Great location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review highlighting our complimentary breakfast and suite design. We had an issue this week with our housekeeping staff and it is now corrected. I am happy to hear you three had a great and comfortable stay in one of our suites. We look forward to hosting you again!
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Although the facility is nice, we needed to ask more than once during our week-long stay to have our room attended to by the housekeeping staff (all requests we after 3PM). When they finally did get to our room, they frequently forgot to do a number of things. I wouldn't return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I investigated this issue with our executive housekeeper and we have discovered what the problem was. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you and your family. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
La Quinta, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you find yourself traveling with your dog in Sedona,AZ, do yourself and your pet a favor and spend a night at Sedona Real. Be sure to grab a great breakfast at the buffet and take it out to the family (+dog) area. You won't see a more pet friendly hotel than this one.

1 Thank steve j
Thank you for the great suggestion! And at night, we now have the community fire pit at the pet park for guests to enjoy the evenings. We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here a few times - both times traveling with our dog. They are very dog friendly and even have a great dog "park" area with grass and trees for the dogs to roam and play. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and updated. We stayed in a suite once which was very roomy and had a fireplace. Basic rooms are just fine and had a small fridge - microwave. The location is good if you want to be closer to the hiking trails on the west side of Sedona. Since its on the outskirts of town - its pretty quiet too. Rooms by the main road will get some road noise - but inner rooms are fine. Nice basic breakfast buffet too. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the inner location will have less road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support of Sedona Real! We sincerely enjoy having you and your dog stay with us!
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly but the hotel was overpriced. The pool is small, the breakfast buffet was terrible (they were either out of a lot of items or the food was cold) and the beds and pillows were really hard. The room itself was very roomy with a small fridge, nice sized TV with DVD player and a fireplace. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the compliments and feedback. I can totally understand that a lack of sleep would dampen your hotel stay. Occasionally, we hear our mattresses are too soft and other times, too hard. Good sleep seems to be unique to every person. Regardless, your comments are valuable to our leadership team. And I appreciate you letting us know that the breakfast was not up to our standards at that time. Usually, it’s something we receive compliments on but I will be sure to keep my eye on the quality levels. Based on your satisfaction with our cleanliness and service, we’d like another opportunity to win your loyalty. We know that our success depends on your comfort. Our monsoon season is coming up; maybe you’d consider another trip up here? If so, feel free to reach out to me personally through the hotel (and reference this review) so we can discuss your stay in more detail and our leadership team can manage your reservation. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.