“Go Elsewhere”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Adirondacks, NY State
“Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I decided to begin reviewing the hotels where I stay after a lousy couple of nights recently at the Sedona Real. I don't want others to needlessly have the experience I did. Sedona is great, and there are a zillion choices in terms of hotels. We stayed for $130 a night, which I thought was going to be a great deal since the website seems to suggest the rooms are usually pricier. Our first room smelled strongly of mildew and mold. The man at the desk said that "that happens" (in the desert?), and put us in another. It was not as bad, but it was still without any kind of cross-ventilation, and the air-conditioner (above the window) looked filthy. For being recently renovated, the place looked so sad overall. The bedspreads, carpet, TV, and furnishings were shabby. The microwave and fridge, were only feet from the toilet, and there was zero possibility of any sunlight, despite that this place is essentially a motel in which all room doors open to the outdoors. The pool was dirty - really - and the sweltering breakfast spot was depressing and unappetizing. Sorry to be so negative here, but we really wanted some R and R and are not terribly hard to please. Do some research. I stared longingly at the other hotels as we drove by...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The dank, oppressive quality
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ADKWoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
California
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We just returned from a girls getaway to Sedona and were very happy with our stay at the Sedona Real Inn. We booked a double-queen suite overlooking the pool. The room was very clean and spacious. We really appreciated the kitchenette & sitting area with balcony. The microwave, coffeemaker & refrigerator were very convenient. The fireplace made for a cozy feel. The continental breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast, juice, coffee & tea. The staff was very polite and helpful, especially Ben, who took our reservation and checked us in. We would gladly stay here again.

• Liked — The spaciousness of the room
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Dona-CA
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Got a great price with Expedia. Friendly staff, nice room, very clean and new appearing. Has frig and microwave and breakfast. What more can you want for a great price?

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — location of bathroom light switch
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Between January 9 -11, 2008, my girlfriend and I stayed at the Sedona Real Inn and Suites in Sedona, AZ. We had booked a 2-night stay in the whirlpool suite and loved it. The room was spacious, clean, very comfortable with a gas fireplace and whirlpool right in the room. I wanted to compliment the hotel manager Jessica Pratt for her attention to detail with her staff. The concierge there provided information that we actually used to find some nice restaurants in the area. The desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. If you are ever in Sedona, this is a very good bet to stay. I found the prices reasonable and they may offer discounts such as AAA if you are a member.

For the money , I plan on returning again and hopefully staying a little longer this time.

Thanks Again,

Tony Farrow
Phoenix, AZ

Stayed January 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 30, 2008

We stayed for a thrid time at this property during MLK weekend. It was great as usual. Room was clean, where we requested (view of Thunder Mountain), front desk staff great, and breakfast good for this type of affair.

We love hiking and Sedona Real is right at the Dry Creek Rd intersection. Easy drive to numerous trail heads.

Will always come back!

• Liked — Perfect location, big clean rooms, nice bed, warm fireplace, and repectful staff.
  • Disliked — Parking is starting to seem limited
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
globe, az
Reviewed December 6, 2007

My family and I travel frequently, and have stayed all around the world in all different hotels. I've never been treated as badly as I was at Sedona Real.

I called the hotel in person and made reservations for a suite. I have a spouse and 3 teenage girls. When I checked in, nothing was said to me of any problem. I opened the door to find a standard room. When I called to clear up the problem, no apology was offered, I was just told that "the suites were overbooked, now they are sold out". The manager had left for the day and was only contacted at my request, the manager did not bother to speak to me, only had the clerk call me back. Nothing was done, oh wait, they gave me $10.00 off my suite rate! The internet service didn't work in our entire building. If I could've found a place with vacancy, I would not have stayed, unfortunately I was stuck. I would advise not wasting your valuable time or money with this facility. There are many just as lovely, with caring staff in the Sedona area.

Stayed November 2007
6 Thank dj1205
Falls Church, VA
Reviewed November 20, 2007

I was a little hesitant about this place because it's not a known brand (like Marriott or Hampton Inn), but the price was right and most of the reviews were positive. I was very pleasantly surprised!

It's got a great location on the main road, the room was BIG and nice and clean. It did have external doors, which was not completely evident to me from the website or the reviews, but I felt completely safe.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The concierge spent as long as I wanted orienting me to the area, recommending hikes, views and restaurants, and equipping me with everything I needed to enjoy my stay in Sedona.

It doesn't have a fantastic view, but there's no bad view in Sedona!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — All of it!
  • Disliked — External doors
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo