“lovely but don't expect a view”

Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Clean and spacious we had 2 queens and balcony non-smoking, no pets. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It is set up like a motel so you do have to carry heavy bags up the stairs, not a problem for us but maybe for others.
The internet had problems which was frustrating and they were not at all apologetic. Some of the check-in staff were ok, most not very friendly.
It was nice and quiet and the setting is pretty IF you are in the right place, luckily for us we over-looked the pool. This is also the mountain side view so ask for that as the other side was very dull.
Quite expensive compared to some other hotels in stunning locations. The pool wasn't very warm.
If we hadn't had the room we did I think I would have thought it far too much to pay.
A little bit out of the town so you do need to drive to get dinner.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank RLShirley
There are newer reviews for Sedona Real Inn and Suites

Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed at this hotel on Oct 8th and 9th in room 224, a non-smoking room. The people next door in 223 were also in a non-smoking room yet were smoking on their patio which was 2-3 feet from my window and HVAC intake. Their smoke was entering my room so we closed the windows and turn off the HVAC.

The next day it happened again so I called the front desk and was told the people in 223 could smoke on their patio even though it was a non-smoking room. We were offered to move to a new room but only if we paid more as it was an upgraded room. Nothing else was offered to us so we were able to get fresh air and even with the windows closed and HVAC off smoke still came in our room.

We left our trip early and I spoke with Jessica and then Robert (manager) who both keep getting the facts wrong and didn't seem to care about my problem. I told them my wife was pregnant and my 2 year old son has very bad allergies that were being made worse by the smoke...I told them even if I wanted to pay more for a new room that doing so was bad customer service and I had no way to move all my stuff at 8-9pm at night...they made no offer to help or doing anything.

I mentioned the Smoke Free AZ laws and both were clueless that the law says those people in 223 can smoke only if their smoke does not enter my room. I asked for a refund of my two nights stay and Robert only offered to refund one nights stay. What they did was against the law...the people who were smoking should have been forced to stop or move to another room.

All I want is a full refund of my two nights stay and the manager refuses to help or even care about my problem. When I told him the smoking law he never heard of that before and when I mention my sons allergies he claims to have no idea what allergies are and wasn't sure how I would expect any of his staff to understand what allergies are either.

Avoid this place!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank matcoland
Reviewed October 11, 2007

This establishment does have a good location in the west of Sedona, with large rooms and a pool. However the only smile or welcome we got out of any staff during a 3 day stay was from a maid. Our room,(2 Queen beds -comfortable) was large but the air conditioning was noisy and not up to the job of keeping the whole room at the same temperature. The breakfast was the worst I have had in America - you sat in a cramped and hot room, the butter had turned to oil, the coffee pathetic and the food was horrible - and you had to clear up after yourself. For $165 it was a poor deal. I could have forgiven most of that if the staff had been mildly friendly. We will go back to Sedona, but not to here. By the way there is a great deli and bookshop opposite!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2007

A very nice hotel resembling an Embassy Suite room. Separate living room. Divided sink areas for bathrooms. A short drive fr downtown Sedona.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2007

I booked a Deluxe Royal King Suite w/ Patio or Deck for $200 a night. For the price, I thought I would be able to see the Red Rocks from my room. No chance, the room was on ground facing a fence/bush. Request for a different room was denied. I had a choice between BW Arroyo Roble in Uptown Sedona and Sedona Real Inn. BW Arroyo has the whole hotel facing the Red Rocks. All other rooms in Real seems to have views obstructed by trees or on ground level. Sedona Real Inn should not be your choice if you want to have a room with a view. There is very low chance of good view. Sedona is beatiful and you just cannot get enough of staring at the Red Rocks. Pink Jeep Tour Broken Arrow is fun.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Sienna1
Reviewed July 12, 2007

My wife to be and her children and I stayed here for our July 7th wedding. We had two rooms, a suite of sorts for the girls, and a std room for her son and I. The larger room was very nice with fireplace, refridgerator and wonderful view of the surrounding beauty. The morning breakfast was very good as well. The pool area is a little small. Didn't stay in the area for the honeymoon but will be back for a return visit in near future.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Beautiful grounds, room was clean and quiet.

Free internet connection but no courtsey PC for those of us who don't like schleping a laptop on vacation.

Stayed: June 2007