“Fantastic”

The Orchards Inn of Sedona
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was our second time to Sedona. The first time we stayed at a bed and breakfast off the main drag. We decided to stay at the Orchards because we didn't want to spend the extra money. We were delightfully surprised when we entered our room. It was spacious, very bright and clean. The view from our room and balcony was spectacular. It was great to park our vehicle and not have to drive anywhere. Everything was in walking distance. The pool was a great place to spend some time relaxing. The food and service in the restaurant was excellent. We were able to check into our room early which was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and eager to help. We wanted for nothing. We were in the rooms that had not been upgraded. They were great. Wouldn't have changed a thing. For being right on the main road it was extremely quiet. One of the best nights sleep We've gotten away from home. The beds were very comfortable. The A/C worked great. We can't wait to come back again next year. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
imcheftaz, General Manager at The Orchards Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thank you for choosing Orchards Inn. We are so glad that you chose our hotel and enjoyed it. It is guests like you that make our jobs a joy to come to every day. I must admit it is very difficult to work with these spectacular views every day. It can be very distracting as you now know.
I want to thank you for taking the time to let other readers know what you thought about your experience and hope that you get a chance to return in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

I will not return to this hotel. If you book a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and like being in the congested, busy, touristy area of Sedona, then this hotel may be okay for you. I would prefer a quieter area. I was given a first floor room. Avoid these rooms! The patios are not private and guests must walk through your patio to reach their rooms. You cannot leave your sliding patio door open or you would have no privacy or security at all, and there is no other window or door to keep open to allow in the wonderful air of Sedona. The railing is so tall that I did not have a clear view of the red rocks in the distance. At least the rooms on the second and third floor have private patios because the rooms are accessed from an exterior corrider at the rear of the building. My room was clean and adequate, though it could have used brighter lighting over the vanity and a comfortable chair in the room. The breakfast in the Orchard Restaurant across the driveway was satisfactory.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank travelingbarb2-2

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Guests taking time out of their busy schedule to write reviews or speak to the front desk is the only way we can better our hotel. Unfortunately Sedona is very busy this time of year and we are located within walking distance of uptown. We do apologize that you did not get the view that you had hoped for and any inconvience that the 1st floor room had caused you.
Once again I want to thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

The views from this motel are fabulous, however, I would not upgrade to the 3rd floor with fireplace. The views from the 2nd floor are just as good and the fireplace just barely works. There is no way to turn up the flame on the gas fireplace and it comes out as just a trickle leaving you with about 2 inches of blue flame, nothing else, it barely lit the room and a total water of money to upgrade to a room with fireplace.
The pool area is in much need of refurbishment. The hand rail that leads into the pool is broken, totally unattached from the pool, leaving a jagged edge of metal on the bottom of the pool. My wife cut her foot on it as she was getting out of the pool. I went to the front office to get a bandage and the person working the desk seemed unconcerned about the loose railing in the pool as well as a loose rail leading into the hot tub. In fact, when I informed her of these problems in the pool area I also mentioned the hot tub was cold and would not heat. She looked surprised like that’s the first time she has heard it which I find hard to believe as it looks as if it has been this way for quite awhile and had been neglected for a long time. If I was running this motel I would be in fear of lawsuits, the pool area is an accident waiting to happen. The front desk told me she would have mantience check into it, but to fix these problems they will have to drain both the pool and hot tub, and this is maybe the reason it has not been done. To have exposed jagged metal in the pool and a broken hand rail leading into the hot tub, is simply not a good idea, and I question management’s commitment to this property.
It also would have been nice if someone from management would have called the room to check on my wife’s condition after I reported she cut her foot in the pool. It goes a long way to know the place you’re staying cares about how you are doing. But again, no phone call or no mention of the incident at check out.
The included breakfast buffet at the Orchards inn restaurant is decent, just a close walk across the parking lot. Has the standard breakfast fare, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles and hash brown, assorted cereals and juices.
The location of this motel is good if you enjoy hustle and bustle. You are just steps away from the shopping and dining on Sedona’s main drag... Day in the West Jeeps tours is in the same parking lot, I highly recommend them over Pink Jeeps. We have done both and prefer Day in The West. If you choose Day in the West, ask for Rusty as your guide and driver, he is a hoot and will show you a great time.
I can’t say I recommend this motel, but you could do worse. If you don’t plan to be in your room much (who is in Sedona?) and you don’t care about a pool area being up to date and safe, then it will be just fine. Just don’t set your expectations too high and you will be happy here. If all else fails, open the curtain and back door to your room, look at the beautiful red rock, which will make everything seem fine.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank goldendeal
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Visited Sedona with my teenage children...we had a blast! Much to see and do in Sedona. We visited Jerome, went on a hot air balloon ride with Red Rock Balloons and had a jeep tour with Safari Jeep Tours. We stayed at the Orchards Inn for 2 nights and would definitely recommend this hotel. The red rock views were amazing, the location excellent for proximity to eating, shopping and arranging for coordinating your activities while in Sedona. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and excellent. We all enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Check in/out was efficient and pleasant. Overall our hotel stay was - "exceptional value for your money".

I would most definitely recommend this hotel and visiting Sedona. I would like very much to return to Sedona in the future.

Thank you for making our stay a very pleasant one.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

this place has the most wonderful views out of the private desks. Free breakfast....20% off lunch and dinner, where by the way the food was wonderful for all the meals. Discount tickets to things like "pink jeep tours" we will never stay anyplace else when we are in Sadona. Great value!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The Orchard Inn was perfect for us. Great Location, Front door parking, Updated room, Great bed, Flat screen TV, Big balcony with spectacular views!!!!! The small breakfast buffet was one of the best you could have. L'Auberge restaurant at the bottom of the hill sits creekside, Very romantic and we had a excellent dinner. Hope to be back very soon. Randall J.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Sedona is a beautiful place and there's no better place to observe this than The Orchards Inn. I would likely stay here again. This place could easily be the best place to stay in Sedona, except for the details. Location is excellent, very close to the "Y" and convenient to everything, dining and shopping. Room was good sized and renovated. Bed and linens were quality as were furnishings. Everything was as advertised and described in other reviews. Breakfast was included at adjacent restaurant and was well above what one expects from a free breakfast. While the room was renovated, the bath, plumbing and HVAC were not. Bath area had old fixtures and could have been cleaner. The toilet would not shut off without lifting the handle every time. This area was also inhabited by tiny ants. Mgmt attempted to get rid of them, but they were only slowed down for a couple of days. A/C could not bring room temp below 77 degrees during the day. It did work more efficiently at night when outside temps subsided. There was a nice little balcony, but only one chair. Two would have been perfect to enjoy a conversation. Then again, smoking was allowed on the balconies, so several nights were ruined by stinky smoking neighbors. Carpet in the room was not clean. Walking across the floor with white socks soon turned into wearing socks that were black on the bottom. Staff was pleasant and accomdating. From reservations to check-out everyone was helpful and polite except for Tammy. Spoke with her prior to arrival and at check-out. She was not helpful and seemed to be pretty happy with that. As I said at the beginning, it's a really nice spot and has much going for it. Only the details separate it from being a top tier place to stay.

2  Thank RAR0861
imcheftaz, General Manager at The Orchards Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

We want to thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We appreciate any guest taking the time to let us know what we are doing well and what we could be working on as a team. I do apologize if you felt that I did not care about your issues during your stay because it is just the opposite. I take every comment made by a guest to heart and use it to better our hotel.
I hope in the future you give us another chance. Thank you again for your stay.