“Very Fair Price for Sedona”

Oakcreek Country Club
Ranked #35 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the acclaimed father and son team of Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and Jr., this par-72, 18-hole championship golf course is characterized by classic tree-lined doglegs with fairway bunkers placed in strategic locations throughout the course.
Titusville
1,088 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,303 helpful votes
“Very Fair Price for Sedona”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I called today and got a 1:08 tee time paired with a wonderful couple from Washington State. We played 18 holes without waiting; however, there was a twosome and a single coming up behind us, but did not join. I would think the folks at the clubhouse would realize that booking people like this causes slow play. Anyway, the greens were in great shape, the scenery was beautiful and distracting at times (good excuse). I ventured into two traps and got out easily. The playing area of the fairways was in good shape. A little thin at times where heavy traffic occurs, but otherwise a very playable course. Some elevated greens with strategic traps. To quote Robert Trent Jones, "The course should be a challenge to get a par, but easy to get a bogie." This course lives up to that statement. Very forgiving fairways and reasonable length at the various tee boxes. Price was very good as well. we played in 4 hours.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank James H

arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lovely way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

the challenge is all yours. you had better be on your game here as the views are extremly distracting. any time of the year is rewarding

1 Thank septwedding
Sedona, Arizona
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Course maintenance starting to deteriorate.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been a member at OCC for four years. This was a pretty nicely maintained and managed course when I first joined. Now, due to budget constraints, course maintenance appears to be an issue. Bunkers are inconsistent/lacking sand/drainage, fairways full of crabgrass, tee times are so bunched together at times that it takes 4:45 minutes or longer to play. The homeowners association is in flux over what to do and non-association members are starting to drop out and move to Sedona Golf Resort. The course has so much potential but I'm afraid the money is not there to bring it up to standards that a vacationer should expect when paying big $$s to play there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank dps_Sedona
Tony R, General Manager at Oakcreek Country Club, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your response. At the time you wrote your response, the golf course was suffering from the crab grass we encountered last fall. Our new Superintendent inherited numerous issues and now has the golf course in the best shape I've ever seen it. We have been spraying a 'pre-emergent' to combat future outbreaks, as well as other preventative maintenance practices. Our bunkers are something that we are continuously working on. Without a full bunker renovation project, they are a challenge. We are "spinning" the bunkers every morning and working to keep all water out so they do not harden. We are also continuing to work on the drainage lines to keep them from clogging up.

If you have any other concerns, please contact me directly so I can answer them in a timely manner

Tony Rizzo
GM
Calgary,AB
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“I golfed it pretty well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was a nice golf course - beautiful scenary and surroundings - has a lot of "locals" , it was slower than what I am used to but I was there on vacation so wasn't expected anywhere else that day! Pro shop seemed nice and pretty laid back - nice facilities - happy there were no "critters" in the rough..that I noticed anyway. Hubby is the serious golfer and other than the slow play liked it. Nice way to spend the day in Sedona.

Visited November 2012
Durango
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Slow, slow, slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the second time that we tried to play the course. The first was so slow that we stopped after 7 holes. This last time we stopped after 9 holes. We never saw a ranger so there was no course management. Tee times were every 8 minutes. Sorry, but we will not be back.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our new Head Golf Professional and I have been implementing a new Course Advisor program with our PGA Assistant Professionals and are monitoring daily play. We have not had a day where play exceeded four hours since starting the program a few months ago. I would hope that you come back and enjoy the scenic beauty of golf amongst the Red Rocks!

Tony Rizzo