“Lovely way”

Oakcreek Country Club
Ranked #36 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the acclaimed father and son team of Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and Jr., this par-72, 18-hole championship golf course is characterized by classic tree-lined doglegs with fairway bunkers placed in strategic locations throughout the course.
arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lovely way”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

the challenge is all yours. you had better be on your game here as the views are extremly distracting. any time of the year is rewarding

1 Thank septwedding

Sedona, Arizona
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Course maintenance starting to deteriorate.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been a member at OCC for four years. This was a pretty nicely maintained and managed course when I first joined. Now, due to budget constraints, course maintenance appears to be an issue. Bunkers are inconsistent/lacking sand/drainage, fairways full of crabgrass, tee times are so bunched together at times that it takes 4:45 minutes or longer to play. The homeowners association is in flux over what to do and non-association members are starting to drop out and move to Sedona Golf Resort. The course has so much potential but I'm afraid the money is not there to bring it up to standards that a vacationer should expect when paying big $$s to play there.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank dps_Sedona
Tony R, General Manager at Oakcreek Country Club, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your response. At the time you wrote your response, the golf course was suffering from the crab grass we encountered last fall. Our new Superintendent inherited numerous issues and now has the golf course in the best shape I've ever seen it. We have been spraying a 'pre-emergent' to combat future outbreaks, as well as other preventative maintenance practices. Our bunkers are something that we are continuously working on. Without a full bunker renovation project, they are a challenge. We are "spinning" the bunkers every morning and working to keep all water out so they do not harden. We are also continuing to work on the drainage lines to keep them from clogging up.

If you have any other concerns, please contact me directly so I can answer them in a timely manner

Calgary,AB
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“I golfed it pretty well”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was a nice golf course - beautiful scenary and surroundings - has a lot of "locals" , it was slower than what I am used to but I was there on vacation so wasn't expected anywhere else that day! Pro shop seemed nice and pretty laid back - nice facilities - happy there were no "critters" in the rough..that I noticed anyway. Hubby is the serious golfer and other than the slow play liked it. Nice way to spend the day in Sedona.

Visited November 2012
Durango
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Slow, slow, slow”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the second time that we tried to play the course. The first was so slow that we stopped after 7 holes. This last time we stopped after 9 holes. We never saw a ranger so there was no course management. Tee times were every 8 minutes. Sorry, but we will not be back.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our new Head Golf Professional and I have been implementing a new Course Advisor program with our PGA Assistant Professionals and are monitoring daily play. We have not had a day where play exceeded four hours since starting the program a few months ago. I would hope that you come back and enjoy the scenic beauty of golf amongst the Red Rocks!

Oxnard, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Frost delay”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a very carefully planned late morning tee time due to limited time in Sedona. When we got there we are informed that we couldn't get off for almost an hour past our tee Time due to a frost delay. Why didn't they call us?? Totally unacceptable! We couldn't play as we would more than likely not have gotten off the course before sundown......

Visited October 2012
I am sorry to hear you did not get to play due to the weather. You are right, our Golf Shop staff should have called to inform you of the delay. I appreciate your response so we can train our staff to think ahead. Let me know the next time you are in town and we will get you on the golf course at our local rate.

All the best,