“UFOs?? Please read this review if you are interested OR offended by UFOs!!”

First Class Charter & Tours
Ranked #62 of 92 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: First Class Charter and Tours offer private and exclusive tours throughout Northern Arizona. Guests choose where and when they want to go, traveling in a luxury SUV, which allows everyone to sit back, relax, and let expert guides give an in-depth view of Arizona.First Class Charter and Tours specializes in Grand Canyon Tourswith expert guides. A truly unique adventure. Tours of Sedona, the Verde Valley and much more throughout Northern Arizona are available.
Reviewed January 5, 2016

My husband and I enjoyed the Grand Canyon tour that was arranged by our hotel, Enchantment Resort tremendously. Please note the following:
1. Our tour guide was Christopher O'Brien. Please search him on amazon if you want to know more information. He's written a few books and is an expert in the area.
It was fun chatting with him and hearing his prospective but you need to have an open mind. He has strong opinions. He disagreed with the official version of many historical facts and is a conspiracy theorist. Interesting and engaging conversations if you are interested. Otherwise, he doesn't talk about it if you don't want his prospective. Hidden doorways and government coverups!
2. Walk the rim! He asked us if we wanted to and of course, we said "yes". Make sure to ask the options if you don't. Otherwise, your tour will be shorter.
3. The restaurant at El Tovar is included in the tour. Make sure to eat--they are paying.

Date of experience: September 2015
"arizona"
in 3 reviews
"geology"

Reviewed November 23, 2015

We booked a 'special' Verde Valley Vineyard and Winery Tour through First Class Charters and paid $385 plus tax for 4 people. Things got off to a good start, we were picked up from our hotel at the agreed time, and our guide/driver was very personable, and knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the area, but the 'tour' itself was a great disappointment. We were driven to 3 vineyards in the vicinity, but there was no 'tour' at any of them. We were neither expected or greeted personally when we arrived at any of them, we were merely dropped off at the door and left to our own devices to do some tastings - there was no unsolicited input from either our 'tour' guide, or from the staff at the wineries. The last vineyard we visited was extremely busy and we had to hang around until there was room for us to begin our tasting. I would have expected a table reservation to have been made for us as a minimum. Whilst we enjoyed the tastings and the food on offer at each stop, we basically paid $385 for the use of a car and a chauffer for about 3 1/2 hours. Not good value for money. We have been on a couple of vineyard tours in Italy recently and these were far better organised.
I did contact the company twice when we returned home, but they did not even have the good grace to acknowledge my comments.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed June 3, 2015

Spent 5 days in Sedona and used First Class Charter & Tours for all my transportation and tours, and the experience was outstanding! From the first conversation with Mei Wei, I knew I had made the right decision, and all the follow up emails with Ed only confirmed that. Chris was waiting for me at baggage claim at PHX, and I knew I was in good, capable hands. Later that evening I met Ed, the owner of the company and it was like meeting family. We felt like we were visiting family and got passed on to family friends with each driver/tour guide that we met. We did the Scenic Sedona tour with Ed, which was fantastic. We also did the Grand Canyon Tour with Tina, and Antelope Canyon with Sheldon. They are the most knowledgeable, professional, caring and nicest people you will ever meet. They love what they do and their passion really comes through. On the Sedona tour, expect to see beautiful rock formations that have their own backstories and names. Highlights include Bell Rock, the Art Center and the Chapel of the Holy Cross. The Grand Canyon Tour was amazing, even with bad weather. There is nothing quite like looking at one of the Natural Wonders of the world with a guide who knows the park intimately. They also arranged an Helicopter tour for us which was out of this world. My favorite tour was Antelope Canyon. The weather was great and the scenery en route was simply magical. The word of the day was "wow" as I could not stop saying "wow". Sheldon was a gem and in addition to Antelope Canyon, which will blow your mind, we saw beautiful Lake Powell, the Glen Canyon Dam and Horse Shoe Bend, which was breathtaking. Oh, and Mei Wei packed a delicious picnic lunch that we enjoyed at the Glen Canyon Park while overlooking Lake Powell. I cannot say enough about these guys, the tours are private and customized to your preferences. It was first class, door to door service the whole time. I wholeheartedly recommend them for all your tour and transportation needs when visiting Sedona. It was a dream getaway and First Class Charters & Tours was a huge part of that. Mei Wei, Ed, Chris, Tina and Sheldon, I cannot thank you guys enough and I look forward to seeing you, my new friends and family when next I am in town!!

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank LaBellaTessa
Reviewed October 12, 2014

My children had never seen the Grand Canyon, and we only had one day for them to experience it. This seemed to be the way to go--from the air and ground with a knowledgeable guide. Definitely it was a full day of activity, and our goal of seeing a full overview of the canyon was accomplished! We did an aerial tour of the canyon, which is simply amazing and highly recommended, in combination with the ground tour with Chris. As he drove us over from Sedona, Chris was able to tell us a LOT of fact about the volcanoes and areas around us that we passed. We even got to drive on a small stretch of Route 66. Once at the canyon, after the heli tour, we had lunch at El Tovar - which was beautiful facility and Chris took us to several overlooks and was able to tell us all about the formations at each one. He was very knowledgeable about the rocks, flora and fauna as well as the native legends, which was extremely interesting. We also got to stop at the Indian Trading Post on the way home which was a huge highlight. The only thing that made us really tired by the end of the day was Chris telling us all about his own success. We learned about his several books and his websites and all his amazing accomplishments and all the famous people he knows and the tv shows he has been on. We also hear dome child-inappropriate stories that we probably could have done without. In all, though, he was knowledgeable and shared a lot of valuable information, even if it was educational in the way that "we do not want to be like that." This trip is worth the effort, even if it is on the pricey side. We appreciated not having to navigate around, not having to find parking, and having a local guide. I'd recommend it again.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank alabamabella
See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I had never been to the Grand Canyon, and we thought a private tour would be a great way to go. We could not have been more thrilled by the tour Ed delivered. Ed's knowledge, calm, and easy-going, friendly nature made for a tour that felt like it was was a long-time friend. From the moment Ed picked us up in his large, comfy SUV, we knew we were going to be treated well. What could have been a somewhat tedious drive to the Canyon was beyond pleasant because Ed shared his knowledge of the natural surroundings, as well as his diverse interests and enthusiasm in myriad subjects. The way he organized our tour--from our first sight, to lunch at El Tovar, to our last incredible view--was stellar. We cannot recommend this experience enough. Seeing the Grand Canyon is special on its own, but seeing it with Ed's help is First Class!

Date of experience: July 2014