“Overnight Camping Trip in Grand Canyon”

CenterFocus Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: CenterFocus Adventures offers primarily CANYONEERING tours as well as Grand Canyon Backpacking and Grand Canyon Hiking tours departing from Sedona and Northern, Arizona destinations. Our rock climbing trips depart out of Sedona and take place on the high quality rock of the Mogollon Rim. We also offer single day canyoneering trips near beautiful Roosevelt Lake. Multi-day pristine wilderness based canyoneering tours are also available at this Roosevelt Lake site that can include tent or cabin based accomodations at our private ranch located in that area. CenterFocus also provides team building in both the Phoenix and Sedona areas upon request. We are USFS and NPS permitted at all of our locations, include all equipment and training.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Overnight Camping Trip in Grand Canyon”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Did an overnight camping trip to a site near Cremation Canyon with Center Focus last week. Garrett and Josh were our guides. The entire experience was top-notch from registering for the trip to pre-trip questions as well as the hike itself. Every detail was considered and communicated to us. We had our two kids with us (ages 12 and 14) and were concerned about their ability to keep up. They did great! It was nice to have the support with two guides had we needed it. I can't recommend them highly enough. We've used guides in the past for hikes and climbs and this was one trip that easily exceeded our expectations.

Visited October 2013
garrett05, Manager at CenterFocus Experiences, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I just wanted to note how great is was to work with this group in planning this adventure. One thing we take pride in is that we take the proper time to talk/correspond with people, to work with people, as to design a safe and ideal journey. The children on this trip were superb with amazing attitudes and their ability on the trail is something they should be proud of. It was truly a great pleasure guiding this group, and a testament that when good people connect with us and a cohesive plan is made anything is possible given the right circumstances. This trip was a bit remote and more challenging than other routes that we offer, but abilities are situationally dependent and not limited solely to any one criteria IE age, etc. These factors must be considered of course, but this is why a solid consultation and having people with an intimate knowledge of the canyon to work with is so important. When you combine our style of service with great clients such as these, all information can be considered on both ends as to formulate a logistically safe and ideal journey that in cases such as this, will result in a unique, do-able, and high quality plan. Cheers to the toughest young hikers we have seen :) Nice job!

Chicago, Illinois
“Center Focus Rock Climbing (1st time ever) Mike G”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have always had the dream of rock climbing and when visiting Sedona, Az last week I had my opportunity. After meeting Garret I knew immediately I was in good hands because of his experience and friendly personality. Once we got to the wall and Garret, Blake and Dane went over all of the safety precautions I was psyched to finally realize my dream. Garret and his crew were so helpful in teaching me basic techniques on how to conquer the wall. Each wall I climbed was more difficult then the prior and I am so proud that with the help of Garret, Blake and Dane I made it to the top of each climb we did. Just wanted to say thanks Garret, Blake and Dane you gave me a memory that will last a life time. Mike G.

Sedona, Arizona
“AMAZING!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Thank you Center Focus!! It was truly amazing, I can't believe how safe I felt with them. TRUE MASTERS! An unforgettable experience that my family will remember forever and will do again and again with you! Can't wait for the next adventure! Garrett and David were incredibly GREAT guides! I had my children with me, ages 7-14, and never once worried about their safety due to our guides abundance knowledge that was taught and exercised consistently. I can't believe how much we learned from you guys! Just AMAZING!!!!! FIVE STARS FOR CENTER FOCUS EXPERIENCES!!!!!!

Visited September 2013
Cortlandt Manor
“Climbing in Jack's Canyon with CenterFocus”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I found CenterFocus through an Internet search, and you know that little button on Google that says "I'm feeling lucky"? Well, it certainly worked for us that day!

Our guides were extremely nice and very competent, and made our day of rock climbing in Jack's Canyon a day to remember. I've had several wonderful conversations with Garrett, the owner, and he always gives me the exact details I need to know about a trip before I can even think to ask where to go, how to dress, what essentials to pack, etc. Working with someone who is so knowledgeable and passionate about outdoor adventure makes the whole trip-planning process a huge amount of fun, not to mention easy. He just jumps in and does the difficult stuff for you. And did I mention he's a really great guy to talk to about all aspects of climbing? The guy really knows his stuff. And he's funny as heck when you've got him on the phone--so be prepared to laugh.

I just booked another day of guided climbing with CenterFocus, and am looking into their canyoneering expeditions for next year. This is definitely a top-of-the-line guide service and I highly recommend them to anyone seeking adventure in the southwest.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arizona's best adventure guides...!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like any good traveler, I hit the web looking for a few options to do a Grand Canyon tour while staying in Sedona. CenterFocus' site came up and I called hoping for a short notice turnaround on a guided backpacking trip - I didn't have passes or anything. I spoke with Garrett and he gave me the lowdown - that it wasn't likely that he could get me permits but he'd try. Within an hour he called back and had permits in hand! Amazing - Garrett and CenterFocus go out of the way to make it happen for their guests. It doesn't stop there though. Given the Gov't shutdown, the Canyon was closed, so Garrett lined up several options for us - spent more time than anyone should have to on the phone describing what we'd get into - and ended up arranging the most amazing canyoneering trip in the Tonto National Forest, rappelling, sliding, hiking and climbing Parker Canyon and Hog Canyon. It was everything I was looking for and more. Garrett guided us with the help of David and his son and the three gave us all kinds of historical intel on the area, detail on native plants, walk through of technique, safety explanations and the list goes on - Garrett and his team are as passionate and thoughtful a group as I have ever met - its all about a quality outdoor experience with these guys. I would (and already have) recommend CenterFocus to anyone looking for a top notch outdoor adventure!