“AMAZING!!!!!!!!”

CenterFocus Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: CenterFocus Adventures offers primarily CANYONEERING tours as well as Grand Canyon Backpacking and Grand Canyon Hiking tours departing from Sedona and Northern, Arizona destinations. Our rock climbing trips depart out of Sedona and take place on the high quality rock of the Mogollon Rim. We also offer single day canyoneering trips near beautiful Roosevelt Lake. Multi-day pristine wilderness based canyoneering tours are also available at this Roosevelt Lake site that can include tent or cabin based accomodations at our private ranch located in that area. CenterFocus also provides team building in both the Phoenix and Sedona areas upon request. We are USFS and NPS permitted at all of our locations, include all equipment and training.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Thank you Center Focus!! It was truly amazing, I can't believe how safe I felt with them. TRUE MASTERS! An unforgettable experience that my family will remember forever and will do again and again with you! Can't wait for the next adventure! Garrett and David were incredibly GREAT guides! I had my children with me, ages 7-14, and never once worried about their safety due to our guides abundance knowledge that was taught and exercised consistently. I can't believe how much we learned from you guys! Just AMAZING!!!!! FIVE STARS FOR CENTER FOCUS EXPERIENCES!!!!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I found CenterFocus through an Internet search, and you know that little button on Google that says "I'm feeling lucky"? Well, it certainly worked for us that day!

Our guides were extremely nice and very competent, and made our day of rock climbing in Jack's Canyon a day to remember. I've had several wonderful conversations with Garrett, the owner, and he always gives me the exact details I need to know about a trip before I can even think to ask where to go, how to dress, what essentials to pack, etc. Working with someone who is so knowledgeable and passionate about outdoor adventure makes the whole trip-planning process a huge amount of fun, not to mention easy. He just jumps in and does the difficult stuff for you. And did I mention he's a really great guy to talk to about all aspects of climbing? The guy really knows his stuff. And he's funny as heck when you've got him on the phone--so be prepared to laugh.

I just booked another day of guided climbing with CenterFocus, and am looking into their canyoneering expeditions for next year. This is definitely a top-of-the-line guide service and I highly recommend them to anyone seeking adventure in the southwest.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like any good traveler, I hit the web looking for a few options to do a Grand Canyon tour while staying in Sedona. CenterFocus' site came up and I called hoping for a short notice turnaround on a guided backpacking trip - I didn't have passes or anything. I spoke with Garrett and he gave me the lowdown - that it wasn't likely that he could get me permits but he'd try. Within an hour he called back and had permits in hand! Amazing - Garrett and CenterFocus go out of the way to make it happen for their guests. It doesn't stop there though. Given the Gov't shutdown, the Canyon was closed, so Garrett lined up several options for us - spent more time than anyone should have to on the phone describing what we'd get into - and ended up arranging the most amazing canyoneering trip in the Tonto National Forest, rappelling, sliding, hiking and climbing Parker Canyon and Hog Canyon. It was everything I was looking for and more. Garrett guided us with the help of David and his son and the three gave us all kinds of historical intel on the area, detail on native plants, walk through of technique, safety explanations and the list goes on - Garrett and his team are as passionate and thoughtful a group as I have ever met - its all about a quality outdoor experience with these guys. I would (and already have) recommend CenterFocus to anyone looking for a top notch outdoor adventure!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I recently took a trip out west (Vegas, Grand Canyon, Sedona) for our 6 year anniversary and decided to book this during our stay in Sedona.

It was one of the best experiences we've ever had, Josh was our personal guide as we were the only 2 out there for the day. The drive from Sedona was long (3 hours) but fantastic as we went through mountains, forests and passed Roosevelt Lake.

The Government shut down closed the meeting spot but Josh was there right on time at the gate and he took us to the trial start where we signed the paperwork, got to know each other and gear up. A short hike later we entered the Canyon, and the feeling of being out there with very little around us for many miles was sensational.

All gear was brought for us including wet suits, dry bags, backpacks, harnesses and all equipment as well as snacks and fresh apples that our guide picked from his ranch that morning.

The rappelling and hiking through the dry river bed was great, but what made it better was the constant view and daunting cliff sides soaring 800 feet up all around us. I love being able to do what the pros do but without the worry of safety and guidance of someone who knows what they are doing.

Our guide Josh couldn't have been better, a true professional with insane experience in climbing, hiking, kayak, forest firefighting, etc., he clearly knew his stuff and I was asking a lot of questions. He was very deliberate and took his time setting up each rappel which put my wife and I's mind at ease, we never had a doubt that we were in a safe situation. He was also mindful of when we needed breaks or to stop and eat.

I got the feeling that this company is more like a family, and they live off the land and for the land, any foreign object to the canyon was picked up by Josh and he had some great stories to tell during our day with him.

We plan on getting a group of friends out there to do it again and share the experience with as many people as we can, thanks again Garrett and Josh!

2  Thank Chuck Z
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I couldn't agree more with Kelly! (September 22, 2013 review). We came out to Sedona to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. My husband wanted to try out something different and discovered canyoneering on the web. I, on the other hand, was much more reserved about this proposition. After viewing the videos on the CenterFocus web site, my reaction was no way! To be fair to him, I called CenterFocus and chatted with Garrett. He reassured me that if I was in decent shape, I would be able to complete the trip to Salome Canyon. This trip would not be too challenging physically and the landscape and vegetation would be awesome. I am happy to report that the two of us were out canyoneering with Garrett on October 1st. We had an absolutely memorable day. It was so much more than we expected. In fact, it was as Garrett had promised: A UNIQUE experience! His guidance and information sharing were top notch. Garrett is an experienced adventure guide, attentive to the participant's needs and concerns. There is no compromise when it comes to safety. His love and respect of nature is contageous. We highly recommend a trip with CenterFocus. You will not be disappointed and like us, you'll want to experience it again!