“A GRAND way to see the GRAND CANYON!”

CenterFocus Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: CenterFocus Adventures offers primarily CANYONEERING tours as well as Grand Canyon Backpacking and Grand Canyon Hiking tours departing from Sedona and Northern, Arizona destinations. Our rock climbing trips depart out of Sedona and take place on the high quality rock of the Mogollon Rim. We also offer single day canyoneering trips near beautiful Roosevelt Lake. Multi-day pristine wilderness based canyoneering tours are also available at this Roosevelt Lake site that can include tent or cabin based accomodations at our private ranch located in that area. CenterFocus also provides team building in both the Phoenix and Sedona areas upon request. We are USFS and NPS permitted at all of our locations, include all equipment and training.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I highly recommend taking a backpacking trip with CenterFocus. My two friends and I took their three day Grand Canyon rim-to-rim trip and the trip was all we hoped for and more. Garrett did a great job planning and coordinating our moves; Zach taught us all about the geology of the area; Jayci taught us all about the local flora; and Rachel was a very safe driver. She also hiked in from the south rim to meet us and bring us treats including a surprise birthday cake and candle for me. The whole team was competent, organized and a pleasure to be around and I would absolutely go on another trip with them.

1  Thank tarzana5

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had an incredible experience with Zach from CenterFocus on our 20th anniversary. This was our first excursion to Arizona. We took advantage of a lot of the great outdoor activities available in the area and the climbing trip was the highlight of our vacation.

Rock climbing together is one of our favorite hobbies as a couple. It was the perfect way to mark our milestone and we will never forget this day. There are truly not enough words to express how wonderful Zach is at his job. He challenged us with the routes he set for us and his coaching was superb; looking back at our pictures I still can’t believe what I was able to climb with his help that day. His knowledge about the geology, geography and natural history of the area was a bonus as well and the setting was breathtaking. I just wish we could have brought him back home with us.

Neither of us will ever forget that day. I would highly recommend Zach and the services that CenterFocus provides. The value of the service provided was exceptional.

1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My son and I recently came back from a great trip led by our guide Zach from CenterFocus. They supplied all the gear and food. Garrett did an amazing job of preparing meals in advance and dehydrating them to reduce the weight. Highly recommend taking amazing trip with CenterFocus.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a not-so-young woman with not-so-much hiking experience from New York state. I have wanted to visit Havasu Falls since I was a child and first saw a picture of this beautiful spot. You can imaging that 40 years of expection would be easy to disappoint... Well The CenterFocus group delivered the most wonderful experience from beginning to end. Garrett helped us plan the trip and gave us tips about what kind of clothing to pack and about what kind of training to do to get ready for our trip. His responses were always lightning fast and professional.. but most of all, I could hear the passion in his voice. It was clear to me from the start that these guys love what they're doing. And it shows in the field as well. Ty Lampe was our guide for the Havasupai trip and I could not be more pleased. He was extremely knowledgeable and so patient with the slow pace, fanatical picture taking and even the emotional tears shed due to the overwhelming beauty of the surroundings. Ty's relationship with the local people and familiarity with the area enabled us to hike portions of the canyon that few people ever see. Whenever we encountered wildlife or interesting geological features (which are EVERYWHERE) Ty stopped to educate us about them. It seemed like he had a bottomless well of information! Ty's experience and confidence and easy manner made it possible for me to simply enjoy the surroundings with no worries. It was clear that Ty was constantly watchful and aware of our safety and took great care of us all around.
I am absolutely grateful for this experience. It was absolutely worth every penny and more!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

5 of us friends decided to go hiking in Grand Canyon at short notice. Campsites at Bright Angel Creek and at Indian Graden had long since been booked out. Little did we know that this would actually lead to a terrific trip, because we hired CenterFocus for a backpacking trip to Grand Canyon. Led by our terrific guide Garrett, we camped in the wilderness under the stars, miles from anyone else. Garrett led a great trip for us: right from communicating with us to prepare for our trip, to organizing the logistics, to executing the actual trip, Garrett spared no effort. He organized for Zack, one of his colleagues to carry plenty of water for our trip on Day 1, and on Day 2 we supplemented it a little bit more when we fetched some water back from our hike down to Phantom Ranch. In the wilderness, Garrett prepared hot breakfast and dinner for us and tea/coffee too. We were not lacking for anything (that mattered).

Garrett was extremely capable and professional, very knowledgable about the geology and the flora/fauna of the Grand Canyon. He was also very caring. It was like we were hanging out with a friend. Our entire trip was very enjoyable, no unhappy incidents and a great trip to the beautiful wilderness of Grand Canyon.

We are excited to take more trips with Garrett and CenterFocus in the Southwestern US.

1  Thank Vikas B