“Worth the detour into Sedona”
Review of Dan's Bistro - CLOSED

Dan's Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dan's Bistro is a small friendly Bistro style restaurant with great fish, steak, seafood, pasta's, salads and deserts, all at great prices. Chef Dan is one of Sedona's most popular Chef's both for his cuisine and his personality. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wow. Dan's Bistro doesn't impress from the outside, but what a fantastic dining experience. The quality and presentation of the food are absolutely top notch. I had Salmon, which was excellent, while my wife selected a filet mignon, which was tender and perfectly prepared. The chef used a wide variety of spices, each complimenting the dishes with which they were served and raising the level of the meal to perfection.

Then came the bill. It was so ridiculously low for the meal we had just enjoyed that I had to make sure they charged for everything. Great food, first-class service, and very reasonable prices don't usually fit into the same sentence, but Dan's Bistro is an exception to the rules. If you sind yourself anywhere near Sedona, make the drive to Dab's. You won't regret it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We dined here after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor and hearing from a local it is a hidden gem. All of the rave reviews are true! It is a cozy atmosphere with lovely, knowledgeable, and honest service. I cannot speak highly enough of the quality and authenticity of the food. Our dinner was French at its best! We had mussels, Caesar salad, pan fried trout, beef bourgignon, and creme brûlée. All I can say is "WOW!" The flavors were great. The portions were generous. The price was incredibly reasonable (especially compared to Chicago prices). Being BYOB was really helpful too.

We will definitely dine here again. Be sure to make a reservation (preferably earlier in the evening) because they appear to have a small number of each menu items. I appreciate they do not keep extra ingredients on hand because everything tasted super fresh. It ranks in my top 5 favorite dining experiences ever!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Almost 5 star, except for a disappointing veal schnitzel, which according to the menu had a wild mushroom brandy sauce. We were suprised by the bacon flavoring in a heavy sauce that overpowered this dish. Seems like bacon was the secret ingredient this evening, as honey bacon flavored butter was served with our rolls.

Everything else was good to excellent, with superb chopped and spinach salads. The trout was very good, and the beef borugignon en croute elevated this dish to a new level.

We're putting this restaurant on our short list of where to eat in Sedona.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I can't imagine why this restaurant is not listed as number 1 in Sedona. My husband and I and 2 friends had the pleasure of dining at Dan's while visiting Sedona. I started with the chopped Salad which was fresh and unique due to the addition of peas and avocado in addition to all of the typical ingrediants. One of us enjoyed the Beef bourguignon en Croute (OMG can we please get the recipie?) the men enjoyed the veal Schnitzel which was devine, perfect, and amazing....did I say devine! I had a PERFECT Pittsburg style Filet Mignon which rivaled the top NY, KC and Chicago steak houses. The service was outstanding. We brought our own bottles which were served in beautiful and appropriate wine glasses.to top off the evening we shared a creme brulee....one of the best I've ever eaten, even in Paris.

1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I both really enjoyed our visit to Dan's. I was not very hungry, so I ordered the spinach salad with pecans and raspberry vinagrette dressing, which was excellent! She ordered beef bourgignon en croute, and also was very pleased. She did find the roll choice (croissant) to be unusual, though the croissant was good. The restaurant was BYOB, which could be a real money-saver if you brought your own wine. The price for our meal was very reasonable and the atmosphere was pleasant and quiet. The server was attentive to our needs.