“Don't get the good reviews???”
Review of Dan's Bistro - CLOSED

Dan's Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dan's Bistro is a small friendly Bistro style restaurant with great fish, steak, seafood, pasta's, salads and deserts, all at great prices. Chef Dan is one of Sedona's most popular Chef's both for his cuisine and his personality. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for a business dinner, and maybe they just weren't prepared for the large group. Service was so-so, as was dinner. Fish & veggies over cooked, and beef room temperature. Dessert was glorified jello pudding. The atmosphere wasn't much either. Simply put, not impressed & don't understand all these glowing reviews.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is our third year going to Dan's. The place is small, casual, and quiet. Servers are personable. The menu has a middle eastern flair, creative entrees. $6. charge for wine corking. Prices went up since last year. A good place to get away from all the faux southwestern hype.

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Four of us had dinner at Dans Bistro on May 1st and we had an excellent experience. We took two bottles of wine with us and the staff was very accommodating. Two of us had beef bourguignon which was outstanding and for $19 it is a great deal. One person had the grilled Red Snapper special and the other person had the Portuguese rib eye steak and they were both pleased. The service was great and the atmosphere is pleasant. We were in Sedona for 11 days this was the best meal we had. Make sure and call for reservations, because they fill up quickly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A friend and I recently visited Sedona. She hadn't been there in years and hadn't eaten at many places. I suggested Dahl and DeLuca, which is always a treat. However, it was completed booked that night, so we set off to find another restaurant. My friend is a techy and quickly looked at her IPhone to find a place. She discovered Dan's Bistro, which I had never even heard of. It had a good review and we liked the menu choices so off we went.

We got there to find a motorhome taking up 2+ parking spaces and I squeezed into one of the few available where you could manipulate around the RV. In we went, just ahead of the RV group. We were asked if we had a reservation and we said "no". They looked around and at the reservation sheet and I assured them we could eat as fast or as slow as needed. They said we could have a table in the bar area, which was really quite nice. The other room was the "romantic" space with the guitarist and candle light, etc. We are two girl friends. We were quite fine without the ambience. We actually liked being away from the guitarist. The music was exactly what I like while eating, "background".

My friend odered the Pork Schnitzel which she allowed me to taste and it was delicious. I had the Boeuf Bourguignon, which was also delightful. I actually liked the schnitzel a bit more. They have a BYOB for wine, which neither of us knew, but didn't care to have anyway, so that was okay. However, it is nice to know for another trip, when I am with my husband and we go.

Yes, this was a pleasant surprise and a great find.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The gourmet meals were very tasty and well-prepared. Service was excellent. They do not have a liquor license, so you are allowed (encouraged) to bring your own wine. Corkage is $6.00 per bottle. Odd location in the corner of a strip mall; you have to really look for the sign on Hwy 89A.