“The best place in Sedona!!”
Review of Dan's Bistro - CLOSED

Dan's Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dan's Bistro is a small friendly Bistro style restaurant with great fish, steak, seafood, pasta's, salads and deserts, all at great prices. Chef Dan is one of Sedona's most popular Chef's both for his cuisine and his personality. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Four of us had dinner at Dans Bistro on May 1st and we had an excellent experience. We took two bottles of wine with us and the staff was very accommodating. Two of us had beef bourguignon which was outstanding and for $19 it is a great deal. One person had the grilled Red Snapper special and the other person had the Portuguese rib eye steak and they were both pleased. The service was great and the atmosphere is pleasant. We were in Sedona for 11 days this was the best meal we had. Make sure and call for reservations, because they fill up quickly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A friend and I recently visited Sedona. She hadn't been there in years and hadn't eaten at many places. I suggested Dahl and DeLuca, which is always a treat. However, it was completed booked that night, so we set off to find another restaurant. My friend is a techy and quickly looked at her IPhone to find a place. She discovered Dan's Bistro, which I had never even heard of. It had a good review and we liked the menu choices so off we went.

We got there to find a motorhome taking up 2+ parking spaces and I squeezed into one of the few available where you could manipulate around the RV. In we went, just ahead of the RV group. We were asked if we had a reservation and we said "no". They looked around and at the reservation sheet and I assured them we could eat as fast or as slow as needed. They said we could have a table in the bar area, which was really quite nice. The other room was the "romantic" space with the guitarist and candle light, etc. We are two girl friends. We were quite fine without the ambience. We actually liked being away from the guitarist. The music was exactly what I like while eating, "background".

My friend odered the Pork Schnitzel which she allowed me to taste and it was delicious. I had the Boeuf Bourguignon, which was also delightful. I actually liked the schnitzel a bit more. They have a BYOB for wine, which neither of us knew, but didn't care to have anyway, so that was okay. However, it is nice to know for another trip, when I am with my husband and we go.

Yes, this was a pleasant surprise and a great find.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The gourmet meals were very tasty and well-prepared. Service was excellent. They do not have a liquor license, so you are allowed (encouraged) to bring your own wine. Corkage is $6.00 per bottle. Odd location in the corner of a strip mall; you have to really look for the sign on Hwy 89A.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to this restaurant after reading the reviews on trip advisor. The dinner started with the waitress asking if we brought a bottle of wine. We don't drink much, but I had read they charge a corkage fee ($6) so we just stuck with water. The amuse bouche was O.K. A dry cracker with a bit of brie. We then had delicious croissants. I wish I would have eaten them all, as they were the best part of dinner. For dinner I had the veal. It was a bit thin and chewy. Sauce was good (bacon, tomato reduction) but a bit salty for my taste. My fiance got the beef tips bourguinon. It was topped with puff pastry. This dish was good. For dessert we got creme brulee. Honesty, for $8 I expected a little bigger dessert than a standard, small dish. The carmelized sugar on top was too thick. I can make a better creme brulee at home. In retrospect, I would have passed on dessert. Overall, the food was O.K. I don't think I would return for another meal (cost versus ($80) versus food quality was not worth it).

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner tonight at Dan's after reading the reviews here. The was hands down our poorest food experience in Sedona. After we were told by our very nice waiter that all the fish was sold out - we scrambled to find something to eat. We settled on sharing the large chopped salad and I ordered the small mussels. My mom ordered the pasta. The salad dressing options included ranch and thousand island - which screamed "bottled" to me (and the 1980's) and when we recieved ours with balsamic vinaigrette it did indeed taste bottled and not prepared in house. I got my mussles and the sauce was fine - but the mussles were rubbery and overcooked. It was also served with some very garlicky bread - which was overkill with thr garlicky sauce and seemed very 1980's to me. My mother thought that her pasta sauce tasted canned and she picked through it trying to salvage some vegetables. The menu was fussy and overcomplicated - kind of wannabe fine dining. I kept thinking that they need a visit from Gordon Ramsay to give them a radical makeover. The best thing was the croissant they served for dinner rolls - although that too seemed out of place. The service was very friendly and attentive.