“The highlight of our trip to Sedona!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Moon Ranch - CLOSED

Red Moon Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Red Moon Ranch now located in Northern California. Experience Heart Centered Horsemanship with a Natural Horseman, Skip Bertuzzi.
Cambridge, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip to Sedona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I had an incredible experience at Red Moon Ranch. We did a one hour private trail ride with Skip, and two lovely horses called Scooby and Modoc. When Skip told us all his horses were rescues, we knew we were in the right place. It was beautiful and one of the most special rides I've ever done - definitely the highlight of our trip to Sedona.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank Katherine83

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful connection to your spirit with a horse whisperer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was looking for unique new age healing experience and I sure found it with Skip at the Red Moon Ranch in Sedona. I'm a little high strung to say the least and Skip was a fabulous guide to slow down, BREATH and trust my intuition and all this on a beautiful calm horse. I didn't go for the horseback ride per se, although it is certainly offered. Iit was more spiritual, equestrian new age therapy. I highly recommend this life changing, one of a kind experience.
P.S. There were the cutest goats, chickens and beautiful cat to see as well. Fun for this city girl.

Visited February 2011
2 Thank JaneyGirl123
Jersey Shore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great private ride in the Red Rocks. Not the typical nose to tail trail ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

Skip is a real horse whisper and his horses are well trained with his gentle approach. If you are experienced and can ride well he will let you do your thing. This wouldn't be good for a first time or beginner rider but if you are a novice he will give you great pointers all the while guiding you through the desert and up the hills in red rock country. These are private rides with Skip pointing out all the interesting sights and desert plants. (Loved the pack rat nest!) My husband and I opted for the 2 hour ride had a great time.

1 Thank exit98
ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Horseback riding at Red Moon Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

We're just back from Sedona. The highlight of our trip being our experiences with Skip Bertuzzi at the Red Moon Ranch. We had been taking lessons before our trip and decided to go for a trail ride while in Sedona. We were so impressed with Skip's expertise and philosophy on natural horsemanship that we spent the next three mornings on the ranch! We learned so much, from communication to movement. (and we learned a lot about ourselves in the process!)
Forget the usual nose-to-tail trail rides that you find at most places, this ranch offers a life changing experience. We can't wait to go back.

4 Thank islandgirl095