“Gorgeous food”

The Golden Goose American Grill
Ranked #11 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Golden Goose American Grill is well-known for its friendly hospitality, masterfully prepared steaks, creative seafood dishes and outstanding burgers. Lunch and dinner are served 7 days a week and breakfast on Friday thru Sunday. The Golden Goose is a great location for that special business luncheon, a romantic dinner celebration or breakfast on the patio with "Fido" after a weekend hike. Live dinner music every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-8:30 pm. A favorite dining spot of local residents - The Golden Goose was Voted Sedona's Best Steak, Best Seafood, Best Prime Rib, Best Dessert and Best Business Lunch in 2016. It was also named one of the "10 Best Restaurants in Sedona" by USA Today and one of the "25 Best Spots to Eat in Arizona" by EAT Magazine. Join our long-time friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My brother and I visited there 9/14/213, food was awesome, staff helpful and friendly, good value for money, Kevin and Julie from Wales, UK.

1 Thank jul2111

La Quinta
“Delicious food in a comfortable, clean atmosphere with attentive service at a great price.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Something for everyone on the menu and it is all very well done. Generous servings assure you will have more than enough food and the bill will be a pleasant surprise. Definitely a place you will want to return to.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Steak”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

While it doesn't look like much on the outside and you might be tempted to go past it, don't. The food was great. I had a craving for a good steak and boy did I get it here. It was fixed to perfection and so tasty. I added a loaded baked potato and a salad and was so satisfied. Nice wine list and atmosphere was nice also. I truly think you won't be disappointed!

Michigan
“Nice place- Service excellent”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The place is very nice and my food was pretty good . I had the steak- Filet and it was seaoned pretty good. I also had the french onion soup which I also thought was good. The pricky pear margaritas were very good but not a lot of alcohol. My mother's food however was not good at all. She had the shrimp scampi and the sauce was not good at all. She also had potato soup that she did not like at all. However, Lou Ann the waitress was wonderful. She was very personable and made the experience a lot better for us.

Lansing, Illinois, United States
“Disappointment”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went here for my husband and I 8th year anniversary. I knew it wasn't a high scale restaurant but thought I would give it a try since there wasn't a lot of choices to choose from and I had a coupon from Restaurant.com that offered $25.00 off of $50.00 so we decided to check it out.

I have to admit the restaurant was clean and set up nicely, our server was pleasant and polite and our food was decent. I order the steak with shrimp and my husband ordered the ribs. I was even given a free side of scallops because they initially give me scallops instead of shrimp.
Problem: Although some people might admit that it is small, I was upset when our check came, I noticed that the gratuity was added. Which I thought was very tacky and distasteful. I'm not sure if it was added because we were paying with a coupon or because we are Black. However, I felt with them adding my tip, took away from me expressing my gratitude for the service I received and my hand was forced. Granted the added tip was 1 dollar more than I was going to initially tip but I'm sure someone would not complain about receiving a $10.00 tip for a $75.00 bill. When I asked the server about it she stated that the coupons states that the tip should be added into the bill. I informed her that that wasn't the case and I was sure that the coupon did not state that. She went to look for the coupon and couldn't find it (I wonder why). Needless to say, I went ahead and paid it, but the whole tip situation disappointed me.

Visited August 2013
ramblinrose52, Owner at The Golden Goose American Grill, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Our restaurant is accepting of all individuals regardless of race, color or creed; and, to suggest you we're treated differently because you are black is ludicrous and offensive. From your photo on TripAdvisor, I can see my husband's skin is darker than yours. We are an interracial couple. We also have people of varying races employed with us. So to suggest we would discriminate against you due to skin color is repugnant.

We have been a member of restaurant.com since our restaurant opened 3 years ago. The coupons have always stated that the gratuity is automatically added to the bill. If for some reason that statement was not on your coupon, it was an oversight on a recent printing. We don't print the coupons ourselves, they come from restaurant.com. I will contact that organization to assure the coupons are being printed correctly.