“"Great deal for good food"”

The Golden Goose American Grill
Ranked #11 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Golden Goose American Grill is well-known for its friendly hospitality, masterfully prepared steaks, creative seafood dishes and outstanding burgers. Lunch and dinner are served 7 days a week and breakfast on Friday thru Sunday. The Golden Goose is a great location for that special business luncheon, a romantic dinner celebration or breakfast on the patio with "Fido" after a weekend hike. Live dinner music every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-8:30 pm. A favorite dining spot of local residents - The Golden Goose was Voted Sedona's Best Steak, Best Seafood, Best Prime Rib, Best Dessert and Best Business Lunch in 2016. It was also named one of the "10 Best Restaurants in Sedona" by USA Today and one of the "25 Best Spots to Eat in Arizona" by EAT Magazine. Join our long-time friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a great choice for breakfast and lunch. Food was delicious, nutritious and we were given large portions. They also serve gluten free bread, which is a big plus in my book. Diane our waitress was exceptional and friendly. My iced tea glass was never empty! Thank you for a great meal!

1  Thank JMS664
Write a ReviewReviews (2,952)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food prices were the better attraction here, and it tasted good, too! The service and servers were both pleasant and cordial.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After reading tripadvisor reviews we thought (as locals) we would try it. We were pleasantly surprised that it was fairly nice inside. We were going to go into the bar first but there was a loud obnoxious drunk man there so we went right to our table. The server was polite but really did not understand English that well, he had trouble with our drink order and our food order, but like I said he was very nice and had a great smile. The calamari was your regular out of the box fried calamari. I ordered the prime rib, which was just average(I am being kind) the garlic mashed potatoes were put on my plate with an ice cream scoop - presentation was awful. Prime rib had an odd color too. He had the hash brown encrusted salmon, lacked in taste and was heavily drizzled with melted butter. Halfway thru my dinner I found a huge long black hair under my remaining meat. UGH!! They removed from bill(we did not ask for that). As locals we are struggling yet to find a good restaurant.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I just ate at the Golden Goose, and I have to say, we were astounded at how good the food was. In places like Omaha and Kansas City, places known for great steaks, I've eaten at supposedly great steakhouses and ended up paying twice as much for a steak that wasn't half as good. The steaks weren't the only things that were great, though. My wife's chicken marsala was also exceptional, as were all of the sides and even dessert. Our server, Lou Ann, was marvelous, and the other wait staff were very attentive. All in all, it was a very enjoyable meal,

I got the Steak with Gorgonzola and Mushroom Sauce, which the menu lists as a local favorite. I can certainly see why that would be the case. The steak was a large NY strip steak, perfectly cooked and smothered with this wonderfully flavorful sauce.

We're only going to be in Sedona for a few more days, this time around at least, but we're likely to stop by the Golden Goose again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My niece and I visited this restaurant during a quiet time of day (mid-afternoon). We both had the buffalo burger with sweet potato fries. The portions were large and the food tasty. Service was fast and friendly, and the food arrived quickly and freshly cooked. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the $2 substitution charge to have sweet potato fries instead of regular fries was a bit steep, but at least they were good.

Been to The Golden Goose American Grill? Share your experiences!