“Don't overlook this one”

The Golden Goose American Grill
Ranked #13 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Golden Goose American Grill is well-known for its friendly hospitality, masterfully prepared steaks, creative seafood dishes and outstanding burgers. Lunch and dinner are served 7 days a week and breakfast on Friday thru Sunday. The Golden Goose is a great location for that special business luncheon, a romantic dinner celebration or breakfast on the patio with "Fido" after a weekend hike. Live dinner music every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-8:30 pm. A favorite dining spot of local residents - The Golden Goose was Voted Sedona's Best Steak, Best Seafood, Best Prime Rib, Best Dessert and Best Business Lunch in 2016. It was also named one of the "10 Best Restaurants in Sedona" by USA Today and one of the "25 Best Spots to Eat in Arizona" by EAT Magazine. Join our long-time friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
Hopatcong
“Don't overlook this one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

So, I went on TripAdvisor to find another restaurant that wasn't really expensive for our last night in Sedona. This was a great choice! It's in the Super 8 Motel parking lot but isn't connected to the motel. It's very unassuming on the outside and you would be tempted to pass it by because of the motel behind it.

Don't let the surroundings put you off. They do take reservations and when you call they ask you for your choice of servers! Since Lou Ann got such rave reviews on this site I asked for her. She actually came in early for her shift just because of that. I shook her hand and told her she was a celebrity! She kind of reminded me of "Flo" from Mel's Diner. (if you're old enough to remember that!) Very nice and very attentive.

We had the artichoke dip appetizer. It was really good. I thought it could have used a little more garlic, but I like a lot of garlic. I had the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly and the potatoes au gratin were very good.

Tip: because we were leaving early the next morning I took the leftover filet, artichoke dip and bread from the table and made sliced steak sandwiches with artichoke spread for the plane the next day. We had some really tasty sandwiches and didn't have to eat the nasty, dry, expensive sandwiches they offered on the plane.

Visited June 2013

“Tasty and elegant for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went there as a family of four on our most recent trip to Sedona. The building is surprisingly non-descript from the outside, but the décor and atmosphere inside are quite elegant and interesting. The food was delicious. My husband and daughter both had the seared Ahi...it was flavorful and well prepared and they were both very pleased with their choices. My other daughter had steak and lobster, and "misses it." It's a good thing she will be attending ASU, so she can return. She very well may make the two hour drive there for dinner from time to time. I also had a fish dish, which I didn't realize from the menu was breaded, which is not my favorite, even if lightly breaded. It was still good and was well prepared and flavorful, but would not be my choice if we return here. See steak and lobster notes above, and make that WHEN we return.... I recommend this as an above average meal at a very reasonable price.

Tucson, Arizona
“Good Food & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The service and food at the Golden Goose are very good. We wanted something nice but casual and this restaurant fit the bill. We had a great server, very friendly and efficient. The three of us ordered pasta, Chicken Marsala, and trout. All the dishes were very good and not overpriced. We'd recommend this restaurant to others.

Anderson, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Felt like the review was grossly overrated
Service slow and confused order
Tried to make it right
Steak was chewy and wife's "encrusted" trout only had pecans laid on top after cooking

• Visited June 2013
Sedona
“Wonderful Fish Dinners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had the Tilapia and trout dinners which were bore excellent. Dinners were complimented with attentive service. Great food and value

• Visited June 2013