“perfection...”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Ranked #4 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've been here 15-20 times and it's absolutely my favorite destination spa on earth. I travel extensively throughout Asia and Europe, staying at several spas and luxury hotels, and Mii Amo is easily the best by far. The energy in Sedona is amazing in and of itself. The food, treatments, classes, activities, the pools, Native American influences, etc. at Mii Amo are all excellent and enriching. The service at Mii Amo is also top notch. All of these reasons are why I keep coming back. I normally don't return to the same place twice because there is so much to see and experience in the world, but I can't resist returning to Mii Amo over and over because it's so fantastic in all ways and lifts me up every time :-) <3 <3.

Do yourself a favor and experience this incredible place at least once.

Room Tip: all rooms at Mii Amo spa are good, or you can stay at Enchantment Resort and do the spa package. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank parker555
There are newer reviews for Mii amo, a destination spa

Reviewed July 18, 2014

You could literally live in a robe the entire time here. In the preparation email sent to us right before our trip, I noticed a tip that you can have meals at the restaurant in your robe. I thought "ha, who does that?"

Just returned after four nights at Mii Amo with my friend. We want to make this an annual trip for relaxation and resetting. And next time, we won't be packing much!

You only need a swimsuit and clothes to work out or hike/bike in. From 3pm and on, we were in treatments or lounging around in our robes (and then straight to dinner).

What we loved:
- it is small with no children
- the staff is friendly and happy
- the food is good
- the details are taken care of
- all you have to do is remember when your treatments are scheduled
- you will leave with skin well exfoliated and hydrated
- serene and beautiful location
- casitas are large, well appointed, and super comfortable

As a Mii Amo guest, the staff really aims to please. I loved the special touches (a little gift at turndown each night, locker pre-arranged and refilled each day with a fresh robe and slippers, staff remembers your name/room number, etc).

We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank StuckOnTravels
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This trip was unlike any other trip we have been on. It was nice to "unplug" and reconnect in a serene environment. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable- everyone calls you by your first name on day one, which is very nice. The grounds were beautiful and quiet. After speaking with some of the guests, it was evident that most in attendance were there for healing. I felt they were very fortunate to be able to experience Mii Amo in such times of need. My husband and I went for the benefits of relaxation, reflection and reconnection. We were not disappointed.

The food is amazing! Michael, the pool attendant, is extraordinary! The Spa Director is kind and knowledgable. The Front Desk crew could use some polishing, as could the Spa Attendants. The spa services were good, but we were expecting superior therapists. The extensive spa menu is wonderful. The workout room is quite awful-especially for a destination spa resort. It is small and unusual.

There are definite areas for improvement, but overall it was a pleasant stay. Things that we most probably would have made complaints about in any other resort were never reported, simply because we were too busy relaxing in our comfy robes.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kfaj
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I won't repeat all the great things left by the positive reviews, but I can vouch for most comments. The nightly trinkets left in the rooms were a nice touch. The customized service was outstanding. We had massages, wraps, facials, psychic readings, exercise classes, hikes, etc... And everything was seamless. I left rejuvenated. It is however worth it to rent a car. We flew into Phoenix and rented a car. It was nice to get out to other trails and shops-a car is necessary for this. Cell service is minimal given the location. There are many staff members with golf carts ready to take you to/from enchantment at night because it does turn pitch black out at night-no lights. Keep in mind also-it's a spa atmosphere so everything closes early.

The bathrooms could use a bit more TLC-wear is showing. We would have given it four stars but we didn't like the pool/seat saving issue. Mii Amo let's enchantment adults use the Mii Amo pool which for the prices they shouldn't be able to. It's a small pool and they have their own at their hotel. The area around the pool can also use some minor touch ups. The price however is worth it with the high quality services.

Booking tip - we almost didn't sit for the welcome dinner. We aren't highly social/outgoing people. But we did it to find out more the workings of the spa and I'm glad we did. There are so many small things we wouldn't have known if we didn't do it. It was quick and didn't take up too much of our schedule.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blckhze
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was my first time visiting Mii Amo but definitely not my last. I experienced several losses over the last year or so and desperately needed a some time away and a girlfriend recommended Mii Amo. I found it to be absolutely beautiful and the service was impeccable. They offer a wide variety of spa services including mind-body, fitness, new-age and traditional. The rooms are spacious with private balconies. I especially appreciated the morning ritual in the crystal room. I have never encountered a more attentive staff before at any spa. The nightly turn down service also included a little gift which a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheryl M
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Mii amo Spa, at The Enchantment Resort in Sedona, is a true "destination spa." Located on property, it offers full amenities, and in a most wonderful setting. We always try to book a day, whenever we visit The Enchantment.

Room Tip: If one is spending a lot of time at the Mii amo Spa, they might want to look into the casitas that a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Reading my July 2013 reviews of Enchantment and Mi Amo you will know we were highly disappointed with Mi Amo and Enchantment service issues. We arrived in July 2013 to no men's locker room in a globally top ranked spa with no advanced warning. After discussing in a not so calm manner, the spa manager offered us 2 nights comped on a future stay to give us a chance to re-experience the resort with all renovations completed. We normally disregard these offers, but my wife had such a great spa experience, she wanted to return and boy are we sure glad we did. Having just returned from 5 days of ultimate Sedona bliss, I can honestly say that management has gone a far way to address service issues and the spa renovations are amazing.
Examples such as a waiter allowing us a 10:15pm seating for just desert despite the restaurant having closed 10 minutes prior with a friendly smile, a world-class spa pool attendant (Michael), a kind and fun advisor Kim in the activities center who guided us to perhaps the best hikes we have ever experienced in our lives, to the spa manager who came out to thank me for coming back, to the golf cart drivers. There was not a single complaint (other than wifi-cell service in the canyon) we could have made, right down to check-out where the person assisting me remembered us from our stay last summer. The resort has made up for past hiccups and has forever endeared us to their breathtaking Boynton Canyon location. To the Spa Resort manager who did the right thing and offered us a chance to come back and experience the magic this resort makes you feel, you did right by your resort and will now have never ending almost hard-to-believe recommendations from us to several of our friends and family members back East. Well Done Enchantment and Mii Amo, we are now fully and wholly enchanted by the collective superb effort of many of your employees who care about their guests, especially those returning. East Coast vacationers, if you are looking for the ultimate US spa get-away, you should give Mii Amo a try.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple