“Heaven on earth”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Ranked #3 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have recently completed my third stay at Mii Amo and am already booked for next year. It is a special place. The spa therapists are the best. The positive, kind, caring attitutes of the staff is unbelievable. Instead is limiting offerings they added free smoothies and unlimited juices to the packages. When they tell you "it is all about you" they deliver. Excellent price for what you receive.

Room Tip: There are advantages to all rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Erzurum

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was an absolutely wonderful experience for my daughter and I. The spa was wonderful. Everyone was so nice and seemed to anticipate our every need. Lots of wonderful treatments available and included. The food was also exceptional, with a wonderfully attentive wait staff. I just can't say enough about this spa. You will not be disappointed if you visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn561
Reviewed July 25, 2012

As far as destination spas go...this is one of the best! We recieved multiple treatments over several days and didn't have one that we didn't like! The location is amazing! Its in Boyton Canyon in Sedona and it doesnt disappoint with peaceful feelings, majestic views and beautiful surroundings. The spa itself is very tasteful in architecture and design. The pools are lovely oasis to lounge by and shouldn't be missed. They have several options for spa courses from day packages to 3,5 and 7 day packages OR you can piece something together yourself from their wonderful menu! My absolute favorite treatment EVER was Watsu. This is done in a wonderful private pool at the base of these wonderful red rocks! If you like water, this is the ULTIMATE treat! The rooms are very contemporary in design and lovely from the beds to the bathrooms, the hotel part of the spa is a wonderful haven although you will want to spend time outside hiking and enjoying the views. The food is really the only drawback. We dined there several meals and then finally just gave up and went to the restaurant at Enchantment. The spa food all tasted the same with little variation in flavors. The menu was unispired, which is sad because the Enchantments menus are wonderful, rich in variety and full of flavors. If you choose to stay at the spa, pack granola bars...you will need them. Sadly, of all the destination spas I have visited, this would have to rate among the worst for food. That said, the spa more than makes up for it with service, attention to detail, variety of treatments and location. If you are looking for a spa in Arizona, this would really be one to try for a 3-5 day stint. There is so much to do in the area that, should you choose to play tourist, you can and split your day between fun in and out of the spa OR you can seclude yourself and soak in the beauty of the world at Mii Amo!

Room Tip: Cell reception isn't great! Its wonderful to be able to get away from the world and not even be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pilotgal
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had the most amazing experience here, and not only is the staff ultra attentive, the grounds and opportunity to have a wide ranging experience abound. I have to share that the treatments we received (2 to 3 per day) were administered by a group that gets top marks across the board. The professionals are to be commended. The grounds are beautiful and there are a variety of classes that you can sign up for gain professional insight (photography courses, hiking, cooking demos, etc...). Though I love the spa atmosphere, I don't always buy into the 'Zen' or 'Vortex' lingo, but after this experience, I have been converted. This is such an amazing place, I dare state that you should put it on your bucket list...They build such a sense of community and the entire grounds are magic....Surrounded by the picturesque Red Rocks, where you will often see deer on premise, or Eagles soaring above. And lastly, if you stay in the spa suites, the packages that include meals work out great, as the food is A+ (we are tough critics) and the variety is great.

Room Tip: the spa grounds really pack the right punch....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Enchantment and got a couples massage which was great, but the overall spa experience was the best part. This is truly a relaxing place, the pools are wonderful, and the assistants in the lounges were very pleasant. I agree with other reviewers, not overrated at all. Go!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I went here with my mom and my sister for a four day journey. It was truly amazing. I wanted a more spiritual retreat and was not disappointed in the slightest. But I also wanted a place where my family could relax and not necessarily open up to the spiritual aspect of it. They had an incredible time as well since there are so many options to choose from in regards to the twice daily services.

The scenery and setting is magnificent. The staff is genuine, warm and friendly and go out of their way to make you as comfy as can be. The food is fabulous and they will serve you wherever you like. Many guests walk around in robes during the day. Just bring a couple bathing suits and sneakers so you can explore the incredible trails.

We've been trying to plan a trip back ever since. It's a great place to bond with special people in your life and also to learn more about yourself and open yourself up to new ways of looking at things. Simply a beautiful experience.

Room Tip: So few to choose from. They are all good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mT_Lincoln_GiRL
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We are still here on a four day Journey. I had to write as I use Trip Advisor to check out all the places I visit. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by our names, and I don't mean by just the front desk staff...everyone from the hostess that seat us, the valet/bell services staff, the management you name it they are on their "game"! Oh and let me tell you about the food at Mii Amo - I hope that because Im on vacation calories dont count because everything we have ordered has been delicious !! Our room at the spa is nicely outfitted and very comfortable, so nice to walk just a few steps back to the room after a long day "spaaaaing". Can't recommend this place enough and I have been to many spas including Miraval and Rancho La Puerta.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rlybsymom
Christine S, Manager at Mii amo, a destination spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

We are glad to see that you are enjoying your time here at Mii amo. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inviting and because we chose to keep the facilities intimate by only offering 16 casitas, it affords us the opportunity to get to know each and every guest and give them the support that they need while taking their personal journey.

Although it is easy to overindulge while on vacation, you shouldn’t worry as we pride ourselves on offering “intelligent” cuisine here at Mii amo. We feel that it is important to entice the taste buds while offering smart choices and substitutions so you never feel deprived. Thank you for providing your experiences and we hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay.