“what a fantastic vacation”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Ranked #6 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
richmond hill
“what a fantastic vacation”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

from the moment you are greeted until you leave you are met with superb no hassle service.the resort is spectacular. the food delicious and nutricious. the treatments are better than the best. the hikes are gorgeous. the rooms clean and cozy with neat touches like juice and newspaper in morning and quotes dropped off. i tell you its a life changing experience.and once you have paid you have paid..all gratuities included. a few minor things like alcohol are extra but who needs that when the place is intoxicating? we will be back

Room Tip: definitely if you are adults and focussing on spa treatments go with an all inclusive journey pakage...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gattisdoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Staying at The Enchantment Resort, I had the chance to take treatments at Mi Amo Spa .
The property is gorgeous, the staff is first rate and the food mighty tasty . Had a facial, wrap and watsu ( massage in the water ) . Also enjoyed the lectures they offered. Loved my time there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Fort Salonga, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Though I didn't think the rooms were THAT georgeous it was nice and homey. The room service was excellent as well as the service in general in Miiamo. Very impressive how they catered and remember who you were each day. They decorated our room with fresh rose petals from the door to the bed spelling out Love for our anniversary which was very sweet! Every evening they provided a small present at turn down service which was great and every morning were OJ and a newspaper at your door. In addition, their tour guides for their hikes were absolutely fantastic, one of our favorite things we did. For the massages, the actual general massages were great pressure and excellent. The other spa services they offered were nice but I would've preferred more massages. In addition, I let the spa coordinator set up our schedule. Thought she could've done better... She didn't really give us our ACTUAL massages until towards the end of the trip where when we first arrived after a long flight and drive a nice deep massage would've been nice. And she spaced our treatments too far apart during each day so it was hard to do much else since we had to stay close to go to our next treatment. If you want to pamper yourself, this is a great place to be.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I just want to reiterate all the glowing reviews ahead of mine. Mii Amo Spa is in a spectacular setting -- Boynton Canyon, Sedona -- for starters. And the staff is so friendly and caring that I feel like it is my home away from home. I had two journeys to Mii Amo this year (April and October) and plan a return in 2012. The atmosphere is very spiritual and loving. The therapists are excellent. The food is gourmet. They round off the spa treatment experiences with a variety of fun activities -- i.e., creative photography, aqua, hiking, yoga, biking, etc. etc. -- the list is long. Discovering Mii Amo was the best thing I ever did for myself. I highly recommend it. Amazing experience. I could go on forever about how fabulous it is!!!! I just love Mii Amo!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We have gone to the Yavapai Restaurant at Enchantment twice on our wedding anniversary. It is a special place for when you wish to to be treated like a King or Queen. The food and service are excellent.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2011

As stated by a spa connoisseur, my wife, Mi'i Amo was truly an escape and very relaxing without the overhype of most spas.

My mother was also treated to a day at the spa and would normally feel out of place getting pampered in any way. However she could not say enough about the staff, location, treatments and how comfortable she felt.

While the ladies were at the spa the men did a long hike on one of the trails the runs behinds the Enchantment.

A great relaxing day for all and then to return to our casita at a roaring fire at the Enchantment was the a perfect end to the evening.

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Traveled here Thanksgiving week as a way to 'reset' and 'rebalance', after a completely hectic year. In short, my experience at Mii Amo greatly exceeded my expectations!

I was a little nervous about going solo, but after reading a few reviews on the Mii Amo website, decided to give it a try. The location itself is spectacular, the facilty first-class, the staff wonderful, and the food awesome. The spa treatments available were excellent, and the therapists professional and talented. There were also plenty of interesting people to meet, and a ton of outdoor and indoor activities to indulge in. However, if you just want to soak in the whirlpool or sit in your robe by the (heated) indoor or outdoor pools and read, it's all good! I seriously don't think I've ever relaxed as completely as I did at Mii Amo. Normally I don't visit any location more than once, but I may well make an exception here!

A special note on the food: I'm a self-professed food and wine snob (I love to cook and taste wines), and to me this is an important factor in my choice of any destination. All too often, I've found spa food to be unimaginative and tasteless. Simply put: the Mii Amo cafe and chef Corey Shoemaker blew me away! Corey's approach to recipes is what I strive for myself - inspiring, healthy food that tastes great - and boy does he deliver! Although the wine list isn't extensive, there are good, solid choices that are flexible enough to pair with most of the food choices.

Overall: if you're considering a destination spa vacation, I highly recommend Mii Amo. If you go with an open mind, you'll undoubtely have an amazing experience!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo