Mii amo, a destination spa
$204
$193
$259
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$144
$451
$405
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsenchantment resortcrystal grottolife changingnight journeycanyon ranchmind bodythe women's locker roomhot stonefitness classesred rocksdeep tissue massagejuice barmassage therapistgeneral managermoment you arriveper dayoutdoor pool
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recenly returned to, what has become a yearly ritual for me now, a week at Mi amo. My first visit was in 2001 while staying at Enchantment, and I have been a big fan ever since, but for the past years, stay on the grounds of the spa for the package. I have been to many other destination spas over the years with friends, but nothing , so far , has ever topped Mi amo. From the staff at the spa desk to the cafe and pool staff, and those amazing therapists , healers and guides, I find that there is nothing better,especially when you wrap it all up and box into the most beautiful of canyons in Sedona. And by the way, the new chef is keeping up the tradition of fantastic cuisine. Make sure you go on the guided hikes in the morning , but other than that, why ever leave this place?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank stu1061
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I just went to Mi Amo last month for some alone time and romance. We had heard so much about this destination from friends and after reading the reviews and hearing all this buzz about Mii Amo, we thought the trip would have been much different, and we were not the only group to feel this way. My first issue was before the trip! When calling the hotel from the website you end up calling The Enchantment section of the hotel and when they don't have any clue what you are talking about~ they give YOU the attitude and CORRECT you about where you are calling??? I'm sorry I called the NUMBER listed on the Mii Amo website? I spent 30 minutes on a call with the wrong part of the hotel before they transferred me to the proper place after telling me IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Things that would have been so simple to fix ~ like staff communicating would have made a huge difference.

All in all, it was a very pretty setting but the food and hotel was average. Some of the spa treatment rooms had mold on the ceilings and were so bright that it was hard to relax. At times I felt as if I was on a doctors table. The rooms could use an update and the food was bland ~ although presented very nice. Wait staff were wonderful and treatments were good. The variety of services was great in addition to the hikes and journeys.

However, I do not think the place lends it self to a very romantic spot, it is more of a retreat. So if you are looking for a romantic place to go as husband and wife...think again. The couples treatments are in rooms brighter then most doctor's offices and they don't even light a candle or lend itself to anything on the romantic side. Before we were brought into our treatments we found ourselves in a waiting room, much like cattle, all waiting to be called in. Other guests felt as awkward as it was so bright and nobody would even make eye contact as we sat there waiting to hear our name called. There were so many people. all in bathrobes, that there was not enough places to sit. On top of that, the waiting room was filled with dirty cups and napkins from the last group of guests to be called in, There was nothing relaxing about this. The ladies in the locker rooms seemed annoyed when you asked them to exchange shoes or even asked them for help.

The best part of Mii Amo was the gift they left in your room each night, it was what I looked forward to each night after dinner. Overall, it was an "okay" experience, but for the price I was left feeling wanting. Had this spa been in a different setting, I doubt it would be as well known as it is and if they don't start communicating better between staff, I doubt it will stay at the top much longer. With a bunch of Destination Spa's offered around the world....try one of them first ~ I can promise you will be much happier.

Room Tip: If you are going to go, save the money and stay at the Enchantment location. They offer the same services to all guests so the only difference is a different room location with a huge price difference.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BirdieU
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The spa services were exceptional. I enjoyed the red clay body treatment while my husband had the Journeyman's facial. We both were delighted with the results.

In addition to the spa services, which I had already head about, the food was truly outstanding. Chef Corey Shoemaker has done a wonderful job creating a delicious menu with a well-trained staff. All of the ingredients were fresh and all nutritional information was included. One was able to enjoy the offerings at the same time as eating healthy.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous 4 days at Mii amo. It was an amazing experience. More than just wonderful spa services, the place has a very serene, almost mystical feel about it, which is reflected by the very friendly and helpful staff. No detail is left to chance, from the ice buckets with orange juice outside your door every morning, to the adjustments they are able to make to your schedule, to the desserts delivered to your room. The food is delicious and healthy - I have never come back from vacation having eaten well and not gained weight until now!
So, all in all, a fantastic trip. Great setting, amenities, activities, spa services and food. You can go just to relax (like we did) or to heal (like many others do), or even to be active (mountain-biking and hiking). Unbeatable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

For the past five years, my daughter and I have taken an annual mother/daughter spa trip to Miraval in Tucson. This year we wanted a change and decided to try Mii Amo. While we love Miraval, I found Mii Amo to be more of a boutique hotel experience with spa services that were superior to the services at Miraval. The rooms were comparable, as was the dining experience. The location of Mii Amo is so much more beautiful than Miraval. The spa is nestled in beautiful Boynton Canyon, which really adds to the tranquil feel of the resort. Overall, a wonderful experience. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family