“Fabulous!”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Ranked #4 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Had a few treatments, but the facial was by far my favorite and one of the best I've ever had. The spa is very relaxing and very beautiful, and the cafe is so wonderful that we went there three times. My husband and I just sat around the pools and by the fireplace and relaxed a few afternoons. Everything about the spa makes you feel relaxed and calm. It really makes you feel zillions of miles away from work.

I did the Vortex Walk with my husband, and it was just bad. I'd skip out on a lot of the activities in the future. The guide led us around the parking lot and made us stand on one leg with our arms in the air, and then he told us about the pyramids on Mars and how NASA is conspiring to hide information from us, and that we should band together to legalize marijuana. I'm not joking; he really said all of those things. And he didn't say much at all about vortices... On the plus side, we had a great story to share with our friends when we got home. He was the biggest kook I've ever met!

1 Thank AmydotN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Excellent service all around, they let us stay for a while to enjoy the facilities fully. I've been here twice and will go back when in the area. The food is great as well. Definitely worth the splurge!

Douglas, WY
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I came here after losing four babies and my husband. I needed a place to center myself and learn ways to handle my grief. They provide excellent spa services, great food and countless classes and private teaching sessions. One of the sessions I took was private meditation. The staff is extremely friendly and were respectful of why I was there. They helped me develop a schedule so that I could get the most from my visit as well as plenty of downtime.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Sammamish, WA (east of Seattle)
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The service was amazing, the room was cute with the little fireplace and tub you could float in, the food couldn't possibly have had as few calories as they said it did (that's a complement), the treatments were heavenly. What I liked the best was how you could customize your journey to suit exactly what you wanted...if you wanted massage and facials all day and have lots of drinks, that was totally doable...and if you wanted to have readings and more esoteric treatments and explore your spirituality, that was totally doable. It's an upscale place, but there's nothing pretentious abut it and if you add up what you're gettign on a journey package, it's a good value. Yes, there is a spiritual side, but it's not woo woo weird. The setting is spectacular...and, big bonus, my cell phone barely worked. I was stunned by how many people were on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. visit and I totally got it. I will absolutely no doubt be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank angiewall
Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Mii amo is a very special place and experience. If you are contemplating treating yourself to a retreat getaway, look no further just book Mii amo you will not be disappointed. The food is excellent!!! Many of us there were wondering if what they offered in their package would be enough for the day and it sure is! I was very pleasantly surprised by the variety and excellence of the cuisine. The red rocks that surrounds Mii amo are breathtakingly beautiful. Words can not describe how peaceful it is to open your door to such a magnificent scenery! I went to Mii amo alone and it was great. Don't worry about not having anyone to talk with...Mii amo has a warmth to it that make everyone friendly. Don't pack too much all you need are comfortable clothes, mostly comfy shorts and tanks. One warm sweat pants/sweat shirt should be enough. Any dressy or formal clothes will not be worn. I brought a few dresses to wear to dinner but it is not like that, you can eat in your robe or what ever shorts or comfy clothing you wear to your treatments is all you will see in the restaurants. I just returned home and am trying to figure out when I can get back there! Don't think about it, just book it! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank sonnyday329
florence
Reviewed May 11, 2011

One if best destination spas I've been to and I've been to quite a few

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank nonstop99
Dallas
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Although we roomed at Enchantment during our visit, my sister and I did have a spa package and ate almost exclusively at the Mi Amo Cafe. Everything about the spa and the food was incredible. The service and the treatments were amazing. It was a little crowded on our stay but we went at a busy time of year (weekend after Easter). We loved the steam room, whirlpool and the wonderful teas served at the cafe--so much so we bought some to take home. After eating healthy and organic for 4 solid days, I may never eat a cheeseburger again. I plan to order the cookbook. We are hoping to come back for a Journey and to visit the elusive vortex we weren't able to find during our trip.

• Stayed April 2011