“Wow!”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
florence
“Wow!”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

One if best destination spas I've been to and I've been to quite a few

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank nonstop99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Although we roomed at Enchantment during our visit, my sister and I did have a spa package and ate almost exclusively at the Mi Amo Cafe. Everything about the spa and the food was incredible. The service and the treatments were amazing. It was a little crowded on our stay but we went at a busy time of year (weekend after Easter). We loved the steam room, whirlpool and the wonderful teas served at the cafe--so much so we bought some to take home. After eating healthy and organic for 4 solid days, I may never eat a cheeseburger again. I plan to order the cookbook. We are hoping to come back for a Journey and to visit the elusive vortex we weren't able to find during our trip.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank FebTwoThree
New York, USA
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This trip had to be one of the biggest things I ever did to spoil myself. 4 days here cost almost as much as it cost me to go to the middle east for two weeks last year. But you get a lot for it. The staff is very friendly and can't do enough for you. The rooms are very well appointed. The canyon - it goes without saying that the surroundings were indescribable.

The spa is top notch with many unique features like a watsu pool, specialized hydrotherapy tubs, as well as the standard steamroom, jacuzzis, sauna, nice clean showers with all the products you could ask for - shampoo, conditioner, hairbrushes, hairbands, etc.

The pools are clean and warm, towels are plentiful, and again, the staff was so nice and friendly. I think they are treated very well - it's not just a put on for the customers.

I spent my time there in intentional solitude, hiking the canyon, enjoying the spa treatments and the pool, dining by the window with the epic view of the canyon, and just enjoying not caring about the obligations of everyday work and home life a few beautiful days.

I got one free night at the Enchantment Resort. The staff there was also very friendly and nice, and the room looked beautiful. There were a couple of design flaws though. The shower door was attached on the left and the plumbing was on the left - you had to get wet to turn on the shower in other words. Also it was hard to figure out where all the light switches were because there are so many lights in the room. But the balcony and the view - that made those complaints seem pitifully trivial. The canyon was /right there/ - what a pleasure. And the rest of the room was gorgeous.

Enchantment is much louder and more like an active resort, whereas Mii Amo is quieter and more serene. I actually think that despite the price tag, if you want to spa you're better off paying for Mii Amo which is all inclusive, than trying to stay at Enchantment and get a spa package and buy your own meals.

I don't think I'll go back just because I like to try new vacations and experiences, but I would recommend this spa to anyone who wanted to relax, unwind, and get spoiled rotten by a lovely staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Christine L
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My girlfriends and I booked a 4 night package at the Mii Amo Spa and resort in late October and it was absolutely the best place to relax for me. We booked our own Casitas(individual rooms) on the spa side which are nicer and newer than the enchantment hotel side and our package included 2 services and 3 meals a day. Every room had a spectacular view of the Red Rock Canyon just outside your balcony. The highlight of this stay was the spa services which were all excellent. Just to name a few, I booked the neuromuscular massages by Jeff, and jojoba butter wrap and the rejuvinating facial by Jan who were both spectacular.
Prebook your hikes well in advance and don't show up late. The biking excursion was a thrill and I have never been challenged so much in my life to ride down rocky boulders and loose gravel trails.
The food at the Mii Amo cafe was delicious and healthy and after all that pampering I felt like a new person after returning from this spa.

2 Thank hellomellojello
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We've just returned from a spa journey at Mii Amo and can't praise the experience highly enough. From the moment we drove through the front gates we were treated with the friendliest, most wonderful service you can imagine. Every single person on the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The location is stunning with beautiful views of the surrounding canyon and the spa casitas were nicely appointed. The beds are comfortable with high quality linens and the fireplace and private patio a very nice touch as well. The spa building is lovely with architectural details and very nice facilities including indoor and outdoor pools. The treatments we had during our stay were incredible and the therapists professional and extremely knowledgeable about their specialties. The last piece which made the entire experience so amazing for us is the food. The spa menu is varied with so many delicious and healthy choices for every meal. The quality of the food and the presentation are top notch and the ability to enjoy a glass of wine or other cocktail with dinner a nice option. If you are looking for a perfect spa get away, go to Mii Amo and you will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank su2320
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Massage was good, but the entire experience was superb.

Loved the spa's design. Made me dream of having the money to build a home inspired by that style.

2 Thank Mr_ken_Iowa
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I stayed at Mii Amo for their 7 day journey. There is so much I want to say about my trip but I would go on forever AND I would like to leave some elements of surprise for your visit. I will cover the highlights and please email me if you have questions.

I traveled alone and chose Mii Amo as a place to have time to rest and heal from the stresses of life.

Even before I arrived at Mii Amo, my contact with the staff was great. They tried their best to ensure that I picked all my treatments and answered my questions. They were excited for my visit. Had I know how amazing my trip was going to be, I would have been over the moon with excitement prior to my arrival.

Mii Amos grounds are breathtaking. The Boynton canyon is very special and how Mii Amo is nestled in the canyon is very harmonious. I was pleased to see how intimate Mii Amo was. Just 16 casitas. I had a great welcome by the staff, followed by a tour and managers dinner. I recommended going to both as you can meet other travelers who are staying while you are there. They may end up being the best resources to learn about which treatments they like. You can adjust your treatment schedule while you are there. I made some adjustments and glad I did based on fellow travelers inputs.

Mii Amo spa is beautiful. As a "journey" guest, you get a fixed locker in the spa. Robes, bath products, towels, pool shoes are endless. One thing I wish I knew before arriving is UNDER PACK! You basically live in your bathrobe during your visit. You even can eat in your robe!!! Bring clothes for activiites like hikes, yoga etc..but remember most of your day you will be in a robe. Bath products were provided..sunscreen, razors, deodorant, lotions, mouth wash etc. I wish I knew this prior to arriving..it would have reduced some pre-travel packing stress. They even have umbrellas in your room. They think of everything!

Chris, the general manager, did a really great job to ensure all guest were taken care of during our visit. The staff at Mii Amo were simply amazing. Friendly, loving, and just accommodating. The spa had one of the nicest gift shops I have ever seen.

Some notable treatments that I selected was the Quantum Healing with Bryan. Bryan conducted an amazing session and it is difficult to even explain what it was like. Reflexology and Hot stone massage with Randy (hot stone was out of this world! and I learned something about reflexology, Past life and Reiki with Donna..she is a wonderful healer and beautiful person, Ayurvedic consult, yoga, and meditation with Leslee were life changing and I realized how out of sync I was with my dosha. My facial with Jan was also very good. Most all of the therapist were top notch.

The Mii Amo Cafe food was incredible. I never felt hungry and I eat pretty decent sized portions at home. Food choices ranged from continental, to latino, to asian...something for everyone. The Cafe staff really tried to ensure every meal with a great experience.

One day I found a driver, a local I met at Mii Amo, who drove me around for some customized shopping. If you need his number, please email me. He is very knowledgable and will give you lots of info while he drives you around..

I arrived at Mii Amo, spent, sad and stressed. I left full in my heart and soul. Mii Amo started as a spa, but felt like home by day 2. I never felt lonely even though I spent a good deal of time alone. I met some really nice guest and had some great chats with the staff.

One major surprise was meeting travelers who were repeat guests of Mii Amo. One six times, one 10 times, one 4 times. That says a lot. I wish everyone could have the opportunity in life to experience Mii Amo. I know that I plan, life permitting, on experiencing it again and again.

Stayed October 2010