“an inexperienced crew but good food”
Review of Thai Palace

Thai Palace
Ranked #65 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2012

A neighbor and my husband/myself had dinner on a Friday night. We were so hungry, but, after being seated couldn't find a waiter anywhere. Finally, we tackled one and ordered some apps (spring rolls--good, but better at Wild Orchid; hot and sour soup--some inedible items included, but the broth was good; fried tofu with peanut sauce which was good). After a time, a sparkling and vivacious, but inexperienced, waitress took our order. We asked for separate checks and she said that she would do that at the end, but the check came combined and we had to ask to redistribute. I ordered yellow curry with a potato add. Later, she apologized and said that there was a mix-up and the chef made green curry with all the veggies that I wanted; would it be okay if I accepted that. No problem at all. The others ordered pad thai which was good. The waitress apologized for the wait and minor problems and offered us coconut ice cream--also good. Overall, the we would try it again just to be sure that this night wasn't just a fluke.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Delicious food, ample portions. The spring rolls are amazing! Great service, too.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The food was great, as was the service, but the decor was shabby and needs very much to be redone. also the tables are really close together.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We are 18 year Sedona property owners and part-time residents and we longed for a good Thai restaurant in "uptown" Sedona. About a year and a half ago, the Thai Palace opened its doors on Van Deren Street near the Sedona Red Rock Newspaper offices. A friend invited us and we've gone back many, many times - what's not to like: authentic Thai cuisine, a neat outdoor patio for good weather and cozy fireplace for winter weather (when we are mostly in Sedona) and reasonable prices and service. Anyone who enjoys Asian cuisine or vegetarian cuisine (my wife is a veggie lover) with great Green & Red curries, will love this place.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I can't expect much from Sedona, when it comes to oriental food. When I mentioned something wrong with one of our noodle dishes, our server / manager offered to redo it to my liking. I really appreciated this. Definitely recommend them for their service and motivation to keep their customers happy, without my asking. :-)

Been to Thai Palace? Share your experiences!